Sign in to follow this  
Aaron Murray

Is XP-10 (Hawaii) scenery better then FLIGHTS' (Hawaii)?

HelloXP10 does not look that much better than FS9, in fact the color pallete is just really strange. Looks like an alien world to me.FlightXP10FSXJust LOL LOL.gif
Masterful. I could have never done this.

Keep in mind, that Austin Meyer, head of Laminar Research, actually made the claim that X-plane will "Leapfrog" MS FS when he introduced X-plane v6 !That was at least 7 or 8 years ago, if not more.

wow, what kind of discussion is this here? it's time that you guys get the flight beta... bye
I had the demo, and it was so awful I deleted it. Even fs2004 before UT looked every bit as good, or better, practically everywhere. In fact even FS2002 did a half decent job. Maybe someday XP10 will be something, but it won't be equal to FSX let along flight anytime soon. Sorry to be so strongly negative, but that is the reality of it. Bring on flight for if it is even a bit better than FSX, I am on board and will dump FSX the same way I dumped FS2004, expensive addons and all. When it's time, it's time, and it will be time in time! Big%20Grin.gif Here's hoping!Kind regards,

I had the demo, and it was so awful I deleted it. Even fs2004 before UT looked every bit as good, or better, practically everywhere. In fact even FS2002 did a half decent job. Maybe someday XP10 will be something, but it won't be equal to FSX let along flight anytime soon. Sorry to be so strongly negative, but that is the reality of it. Bring on flight for if it is even a bit better than FSX, I am on board and will dump FSX the same way I dumped FS2004, expensive addons and all. When it's time, it's time, and it will be time in time! Big%20Grin.gif Here's hoping!Kind regards,
+1,000,000,000,000

+1,000,000,000,000
+1 :( LOL.gif

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

Austin and XP10 fans (especially many of those that post in these forums) are praying day and night that Flight is Hawaii only. It'd be the only way they can claim the supremacy they so desperately desire.Graphically, aside from the night lighting (we'll see what Flights final product looks like), it's not going to even be close.Of course I've posed the question before. Who cares if XP10 is the entire world if it all looks almost exactly the same, different urban areas are completely generic, and 99.9% of airports are parking lots?

Austin and XP10 fans (especially many of those that post in these forums) are praying day and night that Flight is Hawaii only. It'd be the only way they can claim the supremacy they so desperately desire.Graphically, aside from the night lighting (we'll see what Flights final product looks like), it's not going to even be close.
I keep wondering what people like about the XP nightlighting so much. It does look good, but it also painfully empasizes the complete inaccurasy of the city layouts... And in the very unplausable case Flight would be Hawaii only I bet it still will be much more popular than XP10. You can pray all you want.

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

how come you all have such negative thought about XP10? As in its homepage said: X-Plane is an "ULTRA-REALISTIC FLIGHT SIMULATION".

Guys-as someone who uses all sims there are a lot of great things Xplane does presently that FSX can't. Off the top of my head-no blurries-ever, roads are not draped arbitrarily over textures and auto gen is built realistically around realistic roads, and frankly I can land and takeoff planes in a realistic fashion which I've never been able to do in FSX. Real weather dowloads are great and yes-solid overcast if it calls for it. Did I mention no tweaking needed? Yes-at present there are no recognizable worldwide buildings , objects, but this has been promised to be rectified in the coming months. Just like the vast "deserts" of FSX, it will take a little while to make this a complete simmings experience. As far as Hawaii -since flight is putting its efforts into making Hawaii its showpiece-I would expect it would look better. I wonder how Toledo, Oh will look?Now to be honest-none of the shots look very real to me. With the photorealistic look of airplanes down to grease spots, I think there is a long, long way to go here. If I want an even better visual experience I fly Google flight sim-but then as a "flight sim" there is much lacking in the flight department. One doesn't know what Flight will hold in this area yet...I know what the flight department holds in Xplane...and I like..

I have the demo of XP10, and have placed an ordered for the full version, so I'll see what the difference is. It's true that a lot of the scenery is the same, but to some degree it looks good. The roads look much more like real roads, with buildings placed along them. The problem is that you are forever flying over the suburbs. Someone said they'd seen the Space Needle, I've never come across it myself. The weather looks pretty good as well, although I'm not a real pilot so I can't vouch for it's realism...but it looks good :)The claim about realism is more related to aircraft and systems, which are very different from MSFS. I'm still trying to figure out some of the systems, like the autopilot, which sometimes seems to work, and sometimes really doesn't!If you want accurate scenery, you have to fly the free online flight sim at http://www.ge-flightsimulator.com

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

The space needle is there and already one of our avsim members has submitted a collection of rw buildings for Seattle.

The space needle is there and already one of our avsim members has submitted a collection of rw buildings for Seattle.
So what your saying is, its up too the community to finish XPX after they pay $80 for it? Really?Here is one of my biggest gripe about XPX. FSX was $60 and contained the world, with major landmarks in most major city's. XP is $80 and NO landmarks in ANY city. For VFR pilots like me, its really hard to navigate city's in XPX. I LIVE IN SEATTLE BUT GOT LOST IN THE XPX DEMO!!! How is that even possible?

Kevin Miller

3D Artist and developer

No -what you are saying is that 3d landmarks are very important to you for your simming experience. That is one aspect in the total experience of flight simming and if it is all important to you-yes xplane will not be the sim for you-as of today. The word is free updates of 3d landmarks both thru the free xplane update and freeware contributions all coming in the next couple of months. We will have to see-it took a while for FSX missing features to also be rectified- both thru freeware and payware. How many landmarks are there in default fs-300? I am not worried but enjoying the sim now for the things that are missing presently in FSX.

I LIVE IN SEATTLE BUT GOT LOST IN THE XPX DEMO!!! How is that even possible?
Hmmm, your GPS data is out of date?

Hmmm, your GPS data is out of date?
Not all aircraft have GPS. I fly a LOT of classic aircraft, even some with no VOR! Seabee_day.jpg

Kevin Miller

3D Artist and developer

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.