Sign in to follow this  
alainneedle1

From PCmag.

I think this is telling. This is without a doubt, a "game" and not a simulator.Also, look for this to come to your Xbox 360 soon.

I don't "wanna" beat a dead horse but I've been saying this from the beginning.....I was called a troll and some more...Hey! I have not seen a post from Brandon yet??

Anybody see Jim today? :(
I think he went to the bank to withdraw $50.00 from his account....just speculations on my part.... :(

Still I do believe you can use Flight as a full fledged simulator, albeit in a small area. These editorials focus on the gameplay aspect, because this is much more present than in previous versions, hence the biggest difference.

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

Bert,Right now I see Flight as a direct competitor to AeroflyFS. There are enough similarities between the two to warrant comparisons. As long as Flight has an advanced flight model option, this could be somewhat interesting.

This single quote alarms me greatly because I have seen this approach in other industries in recent years-and it ultimately becomes self fulfilling :"Howard's reluctance to discuss the pricing of future content was because, in part, it will be decided by the players themselves."

Still I do believe you can use Flight as a full fledged simulator, albeit in a small area. These editorials focus on the gameplay aspect, because this is much more present than in previous versions, hence the biggest difference.
Bert,I sincerely have to admire your optimism. After all the dust settles and people stop visiting this game's forum, you may be the only one left. I do hope there is something to look forward to, but I really doubt Ms has much line up for the simulation community. I am sure they will make it sound like they do so they can influence a number of simmers to pay for the pass, in hopes of something simulation-related to come out, but that is not where the money is.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Bert,I sincerely have to admire your optimism. After all the dust settles and people stop visiting this game's forum, you may be the only one left.
We'll see :(

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

OMG, what a disaster. All the talk and speculation. It might just be successful, but it doesnt look like it will be die hard sim fans that will jump. It reminds me of many who had a vision of flight for the future. You take off from your home, somewhat like the jetsons, kiss the wife goodbye and off you go into the superimposed highways in the sky, which you view through you hud. The idea was that everyone would have a plane, which was so easy to fly that your 10 year old could do it.I had a dreamBob

OMG, what a disaster. All the talk and speculation. It might just be successful, but it doesnt look like it will be die hard sim fans that will jump. It reminds me of many who had a vision of flight for the future. You take off from your home, somewhat like the jetsons, kiss the wife goodbye and off you go into the superimposed highways in the sky, which you view through you hud. The idea was that everyone would have a plane, which was so easy to fly that your 10 year old could do it.I had a dreamBob
Tell me about it....

You have to ask where the CPU cycles will come from to run the game with 20 people on-line, higher res scenery, more ground objects, more detailed aircraft, higher quality textures etc.My guess is that it will come from the removal of everything that is not essential to flying through hoops and other missions.ATCAI trafficGround trafficReal weatherFailure simulationShared cockpitmay be more

Still nothing definitive from MS. If the article is factual and no one else picks up the real sim market then its been great flying with you guys for the last 20 odd years. Catch you shuffling around the air museums! :-(

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.