Sign in to follow this  
Pasqual Weibel

Refund? BBJ? SDK for FS2Crew?

Hi GuysFrankly, i didn't hesitate even for a second to buy the 737ngx, because it seemed that much better vs the known competition. It's just brilliant, but i guess you all know that. Also, the announcement on the Page of FS2Crew, that ngx Version will be 'Released very very soon' just reassured me, that it will be BIG TIME flying that plane just like i did with the predecessor on FS9.Also, i wait for the BBJ kit, it was just awesome in the NG FS9.Until today, when i found out in the FS2CREW Support forums also here at AVSIM, that everything has been hold up by SDK legal issues.. as also, you already know.Now i'm really ######, because like many of you, flying a commercial airliner singlecrewed just doesn't feel right and can get really tricky if flying online with the whole workload (wonder why it isn't rated singlecrew ops in real life?). I just realised that i would have done better buying the not-so-perfect ng from the known competition, i would have everything i need and prolly be happy flying.I'm only a 'small' customer, no lawyer or whatever, but i guess i speak for the rest here (reminds me of Occupy 'we are the 99%), when i plead some kind of action from PMDG! Make some special agreement and/or contract with FS2CREW so at least they can work and release! Or.. offer some fair kind of refund or something..As with the BBJ, i just get the feeling, PMDG sits on their backs, doing nothing.. ok, maybe coding the 777.. but you know what i mean.Now the bookmakers are open to bets, how long will it take for this topic to be closed?

Edited by Pasqual Weibel

Pasqual, sorry mate, but this is a very hot topic. There have been numerous posts about the SDK recently, including locked ones as well. There was a reply by Ryan regarding the delayed SDK only on Wednesday. I respectfully suggest you read the forum and get the jist of the situation. All the best.

Edited by Rockliffe

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Everyone and their sister is waiting for the SDK. We just have to be patience, PMDG are excellent developers so give them the benefit of the doubt. I received my M-panel hardware from VRinsight today (which is excellent! works straight out of the box with Carenado) but not fully functioning with the NGX (unless you like writing scripts). I was fully aware of this, but still went ahead with the purchase (VRInsight said they would build in support by March), so hang in there.

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

As with the BBJ, i just get the feeling, PMDG sits on their backs, doing nothing.. ok, maybe coding the 777.. but you know what i mean.
No, I don't know what you mean nor think you know what your talking about. They are working on the ER package and who knows what else.

Rockliffe, thx for your answer, i thought i read every thread about SDK, also searched for it. Would you mind posting a link to the latest reply about it?Thx
whats wrong about typing sdk in the search u find many links

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Pasqual, sorry mate, but this is a very hot topic. There have been numerous posts about the SDK recently, including locked ones as well. There was a reply by Ryan regarding the delayed SDK only on Wednesday. I respectfully suggest you read the forum and get the jist of the situation. All the best.
Hi Pasqual, the post with the last Ryan's reply was locked and deleted, but I second Howard post.Ryan said the the SDK it's ready and he has it on his desktop on a zip ready to upload, they were just waiting for theirs attorneys to do what they have to do. Edited by masneoquil

Facts about SDK:1. Ryan stated the SDK is done.2. Ryan stated the SDK is being held up for some legal reasons.Moral of the story: It's just a matter of time before PMDG releases the SDK.Once the SDK is available, you can have your FS2Crew shortly thereafter.I've been working hard on FS2Crew for the NGX for a very long time, and it will be FS2Crew's flagship product.All that's left for me to do is hook-up the SDK to the FS2Crew NGX and beta test it (once I have the SDK of course).Cheers,

I'm only a 'small' customer, no lawyer or whatever, but i guess i speak for the rest here (reminds me of Occupy 'we are the 99%), when i plead some kind of action from PMDG! Make some special agreement and/or contract with FS2CREW so at least they can work and release! Or.. offer some fair kind of refund or something..
First off don't speak for the rest of us and the we are %99 isn't going to fly because there is no %99 percent. If anything that's probably the number of people that are happy with their NGX Purchase even if FS2crew never gets released.As for the refund I think you can forget about that too. If the major selling point was FS2crew then you shoulda done your research before you bought the plane in the first place cause now your stuck with the rest that are waiting and will just have to show a little patience.
As with the BBJ, i just get the feeling, PMDG sits on their backs, doing nothing.. ok, maybe coding the 777.. but you know what i mean.
Saying that PMDG is just sitting around doing nothing is an insult and totally uncalled for! (I think an apology is in order) Since the NGX release 5 months ago there has been a total of 4 Hotfix releases and 1.5 Service Packs. No other developer that I have bought a product from has ever came close to releasing that many updates in a 5 month period. They are totally dedicated to the success of the NGX even though their team is also focusing on the 777.Why are some of you thinking that just because they won't release it right now that their intentions are dishonorable and spiteful? The simple fact is the NGX is their flagship product and like any good business minded company they are making sure they have the proper legal and liability protections in place so they can protect their IP. If you had a business and your own product and didn't take the proper legal precautions to protect your IP and later on somebody cloned or stole your product from you, what would you be saying then? Woe is Me or something along that line? Uh huh.PMDG has a solid reputation in the FS world, because they earned it! I think most will agree that their products are above and beyond what is available out there right now especially the NGX. It simply amazes me that some people have the nerve and gall to come in here trashing PMDG over a petty issue like FS2crew simply cause they can't wait a couple weeks or months until the issues are worked out.Ok Ok, so everyone is entitled to their opinion and obviously there are a few unhappy, impatient customers and you are all entitled to your opinion. I have shared mine. Anyway I am off to fly the incredible NGX, have a nice day!
One Loyal and very satisfied Customer.......
Edited by UAL115

Thx for your point of view, Paul.You're right at two points, first the apology, yes i was not considering the usual 'sleep before you post' unofficial rule, and i do apologize about PMDG not doing anything.Second, PMDG has a more than solid rep. and this is the primary point why i was set up like this, because i didn't expect it from PMDG! As i wrote, i loved the 737ng in FS9, with BBJ Package and everything (it was even free, which i found incredibly great).. but after working with FS2Crew, as one more guy here stated, the whole experience took a new level. When buying the ngx i had 1 look at FS2CREW's Webpage, saw that the release was 'very very soon' to come, and satified i purchased. I didn't spend one second of thought about it, BECAUSE they both have solid reps and i took it for granted to be able to fly the Best FSX Addon (not only my opinion) with the best addition to it.Maybe some of you understand, if i state that, would i have bought from any other not-that-renown developer, i prolly wouldn't be that upset about a delay of that sort.

PMDG has a solid reputation in the FS world, because they earned it! I think most will agree that their products are above and beyond what is available out there right now especially the NGX. It simply amazes me that some people have the nerve and gall to come in here trashing PMDG over a petty issue like FS2crew simply cause they can't wait a couple weeks or months until the issues are worked out.
I couldn't agree more. Trashing developers (Like FS2crew for instance) with a solid reputation in the FS world is not acceptable. :(

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

The NGX was a long time coming and a huge amount of time, resources and money went into it's development. Sometimes it seems like people take for granted what an outstanding product it is and the genius it took to create it. Learn the systems, master the aircraft and enjoy it while your waiting and eventually you'll get your FS2crew. :(

Edited by UAL115