Sign in to follow this  
Pasqual Weibel

Refund? BBJ? SDK for FS2Crew?

Guys, calm down and be patient. The SDK will come when the legal issues are solved. In the meantime...dont buy any pmdg products. that is the only way to force pmdg to solve the problem. It´s everyone´s choice...for me i have decided not to buy the 600/700 or any other add-on from pmdg until the problem is solved. that is the only chance for a customer. they want my money? they can have it....but only when i have fs2crew
Right, Wrong or whatever -- you can debate that till the cows come home, (or the SDK is released)What is fact, is that this whole SDK episode, and other related release promises, and lack of timely information is a PR Disaster.PMDG have manage to produce a highly advanced aircraft addon, and along with it, excellent and unprecedented dedicated Technical support. Technically amazing, but what is equally amazing is the way they appear to treat their paying customers.How they recover from this, will be almost as facinating, as how they arrived at this point in the first place, Edited by FSMP

Uh, I thought their focus was to party, smoke pot and cruise for girls...I was just in London in November and the sweet smell of rope was everywhere in St Paul's square. Heard the same thing about Philadelphia, although I was not down there....sorry, end of hijack.
You know what it smells like???? :oI wonder how?I don't! :( Edited by martin-w

Guys, please go here:http://www.precisionmanuals.com/pages/product/ngx8900.htmlThere is something related to the SDK here?Have you bought the product? You did not for the SDK as it was not promised in the product page or the EULA, so, that's all.You've not already bought? It's not our problem.PMDG is doing the SDK? Yes, and they are already completed. They want to wait untill you force them to do? Are you really thinking they want to wait to release them? The compatibility with other products is the commercial base to increase their businnes.

Regards

Andrea Daviero

Martin, why not? All it takes is a trip to Amsterdam. You dont need to try it...Or a trip to local college, these days.

PI, like many, are waiting for the SDK for FS2Crew. But I decided not to buy the NGX until FS2Crew was available. This money now sits in my bank account earning intrerest.
So, in about 300 years, you will gain $.02 in interest!Straight%20Face.gif
You know what it smells like???? :oI wonder how? :(
You didn't grow up in the late 60s, did you???!!!
Martin, why not? All it takes is a trip to Amsterdam. You dont need to try it...
Yeah, and all you need to do is walk down the street. I was terrified that, when I went through customs back in the U.S., the drug dogs were going to sniff my coat...and I never even entered a coffee shop!

In a lot of ways, this is exactly like Occupy (or shall I say, "Crockupy"). A bunch of people get together to complain for the sake of complaining. Most of them can't even tell you what they are so worked up about. The ones who try to conjure up some justification sound so ridiculous that they make their oblivious comrades look somewhat enlightened. It's all very amusing.
Keep the politics off AVSim

Keep the politics off AVSim
Don't be ridiculous. The OP brought up Occupy. I was merely responding to him. Feel free to ignore it. And, take a deep breath while you're at it. Edited by Lawyer+Pilot

The pre-release posts are right where they've been since they were written. I'm not sure how long these threads stay up, but I did a quick search and was able to find threads from 2002 relating to Fly.
Unless one of the MODS deletes them, messages will stay for as long as we have a server to store them.

In my opinion a LOT of angst would have been avoided had PMDG issued a statement re their SDK and made it a 'sticky.'Brian Hinder

In my opinion a LOT of angst would have been avoided had PMDG issued a statement re their SDK and made it a 'sticky.'Brian Hinder
And what statement would that be?Probably a similar statement to "When will the *insert future unfinished product here* be released?"Be it the SDK, McPhat's repaints, the 777, or the actual NGX itself, "It'll be released when it's ready"Remember, when you purchased the 737NGX (or 747X for that matter) you purchased... a licence to use the software on your PC in FSX. No more, No less.When you get the SDK, that's a different thing. The licence for the 737NGX, is not the licence to use the SDK.In the mean time while you wait, fly the NGX. I bet you havn't flown every route available on the *insert airline here* flight schedule. Or flown in all the continents that NGX's operate in, or *insert more flying tasks here*.stop squirming and fly the thing. Get on Vatsim, or whatever you do when you fly. Go somewhere unusual, challenging, or just try to fly an airline roster for a few weeks.Trent Hopkinson(enjoying flying the NGX on Vatsim)

This quote included in a post by Robert in the Fs2crew forum i think closes the book on this subject."So everybody just relax. When we hit a comfort level that ensures we are protected adequately from the specific concern our legal counsel has voiced- we'll get it out..."

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Right, Wrong or whatever -- you can debate that till the cows come home, (or the SDK is released)What is fact, is that this whole SDK episode, and other related release promises, and lack of timely information is a PR Disaster.PMDG have manage to produce a highly advanced aircraft addon, and along with it, excellent and unprecedented dedicated Technical support. Technically amazing, but what is equally amazing is the way they appear to treat their paying customers.How they recover from this, will be almost as facinating, as how they arrived at this point in the first place,
LOL PR disaster? I fail to see one. Treating customers badly? They answer personal support issues one on one! They have given updates as to what's happening with the SDK. They seem to be trying to get past a legal hurdle, which I have no reason to fault them for. One can only imagine the complicated lawyer jargon that they are dealing with (not to mention the lawyers themselves) to be able to comply fully with everything. Have you read through the FAR/AIM book? If you have, then you understand how weirdly difficult this legal stuff can get, and that book is easy to comprehend compared to other laws/legal documents I've seen. FS2CREW isn't required to fly the NGX, and I have never bought fs2crew for any of my products. It is not a necessity. Even the NGX is not a necessity in the grand scheme of things. I haven't even bought the NGX because I don't have a computer to run it. But the way I've seen some people act in here, maybe I should complain about their product not being made to work on outdated hardware! Whaaaaaaa! Me Me Me! To all whiners and needless complainers, in the words of Monty Python in heavy French accent: I fart in your general direction!

~William Genovese~

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg         KAB200_sig3.jpg

What i do find quite upsetting is that every time somebody utters one word of criticism in the direction of PMDG, a whole bunch of self appointed Forum Police, Administrators, etc. start circling the wagons. Yet they stand by and watch other equally reputable devs get trashed.
+1

David Porrett