Sign in to follow this  
Thruster

More leaked video

I really like how MS recreated ground textures like we were in early ' 1980 era on Spektrum and Commodore Plus 4.That's a nice vintage factor I honestly wouldn't have expected at all.-

Edited by Mark II

Wow, this has a ton of replay value as an arcade game! :(

Edited by jp1018

wow, I did not even watch them to the end. too arcadish. way too much. bing bing bing. well, will give it a try but I hope they will also post some 'real' videos appealing to the hard core simmer

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Well, hadn´t they said that there will be arcad-ish aspects and some for serious simmers? Hopefully you can turn those things off.

The thinbg is.. it looks really good, actually, from a graphics perspective. The way the runways are now integrated into the scenery, much better textures, the place ment of the autogen are miles beyond standard FSX. Just watch a couple of Flight sceenshots and vids and then compare to default FSX Hawaii big island.. that'll give you a retro feel for sure.I'm just disappointed that everything seems so limited in Flight.. i mean 1 whole island isn't much when you're used to having the entire world at your fingertips. All those other missing features (ATC, AI aircraft, more varied aircraft, cars on the roads, etc) isn't going to make things more easily digestible either. Maybe they had to exclude all that stuff to make Flight a more fluid 'experience'. Well, i have to say that if i turn all those things off in FSX, it becomes pretty fluid as well, even on my low end PC.Still.. I really think Flight looks very nice indeed.. let's hope there's more to it than Hawaii and a handful of GA planes though.

I want my NGX :(

Edited by flyingscampi

AMD • 5800X3D • RX7900 XT • B550 • 32GB DDR4
pmdgswitch.jpg

Its our worst nightmare. Why Microsoft????
That first video is crap because the guy used low settings with a 256 Mb card...The second one is better in that regard, but it only shows someone playing an arcade game and flying way too low.Here is another one that shows free flying. I have to watch it yet, but I think this one gives a better imperssion (watch at HD!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeWwJg8g0r0

Another one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-KOHPdVV60

What I like: autogen as far as you can see and shadows.What I don't like: very low res groundtextures... (advantage is there are no real blurries.... because everything is blurry to begin with). Edited by J van E

Improvements: Better looking autogen and shoreline. Otherwise: Arcade game graphics, blurry ground textures, no micro mesh or micro vegetation - Has the ''flying over a photo look''. Why does loading take so long?Compared to state of the art graphics like Battlefield 3, this look very poor.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Haha what a joke. Those ground textures look like photoreal ones I have with tileproxy when setted for least accuracy settings as I mostly fly long haul. Probably its on low graphics though but still.And that sound effect and point thing when you fly to those things... hahahaHahah what arcade game.

Edited by pvjinflight

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.