Sign in to follow this  
demiboyx

Oh Laawwwd, He was right...

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/348888-flight-is-not-what-you-are-hoping-for/
Me again.It seems that most of you are in some sort of denial about accepting any truth.The MS community manager's name is Husain Bengali. He is the one who sent the email to developers cancelling the program. Call Microsoft and ask for him by name, that will confirm that in fact I received the information directly from MS themselves.Of course there is one island and one aircraft for the initial version. It may even be given away in some sort of demo. Then if you want the rest of Hawaii, you will need to pay for it. Then if you want more aircraft, you will need to pay for it. If you want more missions or other goodies, you will have to pay for it.If you visit anywhere outside of Hawaii you see nothing but a blurry brown nothingness, not even any textures. But of course, if you want the rest of the world in FSX-style, you will probably have to pay for that too, but they have not even started on that.If you want airliners or your favourite aircraft from your favourite developers, you can't. They have been locked out of Flight. Same for scenery. Nada.I am sure things may change slightly by the time it launches, but check this thread back in 2012 sometime when it's released and you will say "he was right after all".As for respect and NDAs - please, give me a break! Where was MS's respect when they tossed all the developers aside?
:(

Well he was certainly on the money!

If you have a minute, go back and read through the thread to see what the reaction was then.Pretty hilarious! You would need at least two dozen eggs to pass around to those who need some thrown in their face. :(

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

If you have a minute, go back and read through the thread to see what the reaction was then.Pretty hilarious! You would need at least two dozen eggs to pass around to those who need some thrown in their face. :(
I'm still ROFLing, the poor dev was right the whole time and the members here....I can't even :(

Well..... never laugh at anyone just because you disagree, regardless of how much you think you know about a topic.The claim was he was lying. Where is the proof to say he was? They don't have any huh? ;) The post was interesting, for later reference.Treat any leak of info the same way you treat politicians - remember what they said, when they said it, and compare notes later when something happens. THAT is when you learn to see the deceit in words.Best regards,Robin.

At the time I thought the man had completely lost it and was only provoking everyone that wanted Flight to be a true sim... In a sad way it is very entertaining to read that thread back.

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

As some of us tried to tell y'all at the time, there was just too much smoke for there to not be any fire... this guy wasn't the only developer who was mad over "something", at that time... Combine that, with all the other evidence we had at that time and now y'all can see why so many of us drew the conclusions we did, and now it turns out we were right...

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

how do you say that in English, something with a nail and a head?

At the time I thought the man had completely lost it and was only provoking everyone that wanted Flight to be a true sim... In a sad way it is very entertaining to read that thread back.
It is very entertaining, the sad part is that some poster do not post anymore and they should, the camp was devided in 2 about Flight and so what, everything was done in a friendly manner.

Wow, people were ready to lynch this guy yet he was DEAD ON! Amazing!

how do you say that in English, something with a nail and a head?
Close..' He hit the nail on the head' !

Thanks for the link, I remember reading it at the time and getting that sinking feeling.

AMD • 5800X3D • RX7900 XT • B550 • 32GB DDR4
pmdgswitch.jpg

Yeah pretty fun to read that now. Even without having any kind of special information source you could read beetween lines about Flight that its not going to be what some were expecting it to be. I mean at least after I have seen so many game series getting ruined to make them more mainstream I have been pretty suspicious every time when any game is advertised to be better for wider audience than older ones. Usually it just smells bad and just us that game is being dumbed down to make mainstream like it. Thats what how I developed my opinion about Flight back then, and turned out that I was right.

Edited by pvjinflight

, and turned out that I was right.
Were you?

Lol, wow i remember that thread and his story seemed so far fetch, but I apologize for doubting.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.