Sign in to follow this  
steve inwood

Just want to share these nice pics

@THRUSTER57 - EZCA mate - It's the nuts - not sure they own any rights to shaking cockpits though! All it does is micro-manage camera views in real time. It adds hugely to the immersion. It's cheap, but it can be a beatch to set up..PM me if you get it and are scratching your head for the first two hours :)Counter-intuitive, eh..The accepted wisdom is that water 2x is a FR killer, but then as I say, I'd rather have a totally smooth flight at 24FPS than one that veers from 30-75 and back down to 15!
Thanks Jake nice to me you i will bear you in mind, very kind of you.thank youjames.

Yeah for some does'nt affect my system but i do see where your coming from if using that bufferpool=0 it has to be because i lowered mine after that and i get all sorts of things appearingIt was mentioned by ******* bojote's
Just out of interest, Steve, do you use *******' shader mod, and are you using REX2?Thx---I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=50.727753,-1.945141

JAKE EYRE
It's a small step from the sublime to the ridiculous...Napoleon Bonaparte
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg

Just out of interest, Steve, do you use *******' shader mod, and are you using REX2?Thx---I am here: http://maps.google.c...27753,-1.945141
Yea the latest shader Mod 3 v1.6 works very well some little issues with the terrain shaders though at dawk dawn etc on the horizon but i know ******* is fixing that..Rex 2.0 yup Edited by Steve Inwood

the only thing missing from my total enjoyment is the cockpit shaking on take off and landing,is the only place to achieve this fromflight one?
"3D Real Cockpit Effect FSX" product by FSPS has that, very cheap too.

Joel Strikovsky
Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

Hi Steve,Fantastic pics, mate. You say you are using BufferPools=0 with your 1Gb card and getting a steady 30FPS at the main London airports?I have a 580 with 1.7Gb DDR3 (I know you're not familiar with Nvidia) I get a steady 60fps (Vsync on) ENR anywhere, and pretty much between 15-25 at most of my payware fields, but I'd like a bit more smoothness; framrates aren't really my bag.When I tried pools=0 I experienced the occasional CTD..I see you have your autogen turned down to 1. Do you think this helps? I guess using GENX you have to turn autogen down or off, as with VFR sceneries..Have you tried it over heavy autogen or do you always fly with it down? I'm an ORBX addict, see and their autogen placement is wicked (I know I don't need to see the grass at 134Kt but I do like the cars and terminals etc)I'm going to revisit the pools=0 experiment again :( It was poopooed over in the FSX forum after a while, and Bojote's tool now turns pools back on again..Interested to see how the NGX behaves with it..I'll report back
read this:http://forums1.avsim.net/topic/281538-the-bp0-conclusions/it will explain to you why you getting the CTD with =0 settings.it is more common on Nvidia then ATI b/c of the shader processor count.

Joel Strikovsky

The Last Of Me Screen Shots *
Hey Steve, what scenery are you running on on those shots (not the airport shots, the rural area shots)?

Joel Strikovsky

Hey Steve, what scenery are you running on on those shots (not the airport shots, the rural area shots)?
Sorry about the late replay Joel got my head stuck in some scenery lol//It's Genx UK photo scenery m8
read this:http://forums1.avsim...p0-conclusions/it will explain to you why you getting the CTD with =0 settings.it is more common on Nvidia then ATI b/c of the shader processor count.
Thats an instresting read Joel. Very true aswell because like i've said previous using an ATI card myself. when i first entred that tweek as =0 i have weired artifacts but i read on and put my sliders up like scenery special effects water highx2 and its amazing don't budge on the frame just very stable and the max temp of the card is about 50 degress maxed out which is brilliant m8

Right, tks. Been considering switching to ATI for the sake of Eyefinity...always on the lookout for first hand reports on the relative performance :)Having looked at your .cfg, any cause for concern with the ATI if you increased the Texture Max Load to 2048 or 4096 ? Just curious.Cheers!
First hand report? see my config below (eyefinity 5760 x 1080p) on 3 x ilyama 2409hds on a hd6970 with a 4th screen attached for fs related monitoringInstalled fresh on ssd. Almost all sliders maxed out in fsx i get > 40 fps in fligth and 12-14 fps on eham with aerosoft scenery.Very pleased with the performance and quality.

First hand report?see my config below (eyefinity 5760 x 1080p) on 3 x ilyama 2409hds on a hd6970 with a 4th screen attached for fs related monitoringInstalled fresh on ssd. Almost all sliders maxed out in fsx i get > 40 fps in fligth and 12-14 fps on eham with aerosoft scenery.Very pleased with the performance and quality.
This is the kind of performance information I was looking for....that's a pretty strong endorsement of the quality. Thanks Fred!

Alan

Here are a few pics of a short flight from Christchurch NZCH to Queenstown NZQNConducting the RNAV 052012-3-23_23-47-20-562.jpg2012-3-23_23-47-35-210.jpg2012-3-23_23-48-38-204.jpg2012-3-23_23-48-45-273.jpg2012-3-23_23-48-55-87.jpg2012-3-23_23-49-24-194.jpg