Sign in to follow this  
Jorgenson

Get ready to eat cake ...... what flavor of frosting do you like?

Guest jahman
If it took them 3 years to make HAWAII how long do you think it will take them to make the rest of the world?
No, the question ought to be: It took them 3 years to do Hawaii Island, how long will it take them to do the rest of the Hawaiian Islands?
I think a lot of this negativity is folks not wanting to get their hopes up just to be let down,
No, it's MS saying they would also cater to the serious simmer (December 8, 2010 Press Release) and then not keeping their promise. Other than secenery, and for Hawaii Island only, there appears to be nothing at all for the serious simmer.Cheers,- jahman. Edited by jahman

No, the question ought to be: It took them 3 years to do Hawaii Island, how long will it take them to do the rest of the Hawaiian Islands?Other than secenery, and for Hawaii Island only, there appears to be nothing at all for the serious simmer.
"Microsoft Flight, players view the world from above in a visually stunning and realistic representation of the earth, complete with region-specific weather patterns, foliage, terrain and landmarks.""Those looking to deepen their experience can purchase and download additional content that adds new aircraft, regions and customization options."Why do people keep on saying we will only have Hawaii in MS Flight? Yes, we will only have Hawaii in the free version, but MS clearly states it doesn't end there! We don't know if the entire world will ever be in MS Flight, but we DO know it will NOT be just Hawaii. How often does this have to be repeated before some people get this??? Unbelievable...And btw when it comes to stuff for the serious simmers: apart from new aircraft the mentioned "customization options" might be interesting... it's clear there WILL be more to MS Flight then the current beta shows. But well, if you don't want to believe it, don't. Edited by J van E

The team has decided to not try and make the whole world this time. They feel that doing smaller areas at greater quality is more worth while.
I think these are 2 sentences that some people don't even see when they read them, cause they don't represent their view of Flight. KInda like the example with the Conquistador's ships that the natives supposedely couldn't see when they were in front of them cause they hadn't seen anything like it before. In this case ms not including global coverage but smaller detailed areas. Well, i wish Arwen, Spirit, and all these people that state otherwise are right. But looking at it with all the facts we have layed on the table, even by ms themselves, Flight will probably include seperate smaller but highly detailed regions around the world. Will it be fun flying in Flight? Yes! Will it be for the more serious simmer? No! It will be when the whole earth has been released, with atc, airliners, ai, e.t.c. And when will that be? in 10 years?Also i see some people that say that there are much more in Flight, but they cannot talk. Well, if they are part of the Beta, i think we already have seen what Beta has to offer. Some people went along and posted videos at youtube. If there were some options in the Beta that would reveal much more info, wouldn't you think someone would have leaked them by now?Yesterday i did a flight with my VA in Vatsim. In my country. And i enjoyed it alot. I won't be able to do this with Flight. And i admit, it will be tempting to spend money at the Flight store for unlocks, ms is aiming at that exactly, and maybe i will spend some money on it. But the real concern here is if ms delivers for the more serious simmer.

Here is the last press released from MS, please show me where they say it will be Hawaii ONLY, just show me..
+100 :(
The team has decided to not try and make the whole world this time.
"...make the whole world this time."Why?"... they would rather launch now and not have everything than wait and let the product age."Important: - The globe is already there = income for Microsoft in the future. :(
Easy ... the rest of the world will be released as DLC, one region at a time.
Indeed correct.

How often does this have to be repeated before some people get this??? Unbelievable...
About 8 months from now.....
But looking at it with all the facts we have layed on the table, even by ms themselves, Flight will probably include seperate smaller but highly detailed regions around the world.
Let me quote some lines from ign.com:"I know many of my more hardcore friends will be pretty sore about not being able to fly anywhere they please, but given time and a substantial community the Flight world could develop into an even more elaborate and activity dense world than any Microsoft flight game before it.""If you want to fly around without ever looking at an instrument panel or doing a pre-flight check – if you don't even know what a pre-flight check is – Microsoft Flight has you covered. And if you're the opposite, a person addicted to meticulous details, there's room for you too. Those two parts of the Flight audience might come to play it in vastly different ways, but the team behind it hopes they'll come away with the same thing: an experience that encapsulates the unique joy of flying."" ...... it also boasts the "most sophisticated" flight model the series has ever had, and you can turn off assists to, in theory, make it as hardcore as they want it to be. Take deep breaths, stay your rage addled fingertips from posting on the Flight forums, and read on to see how much you really have to be mad about."

Also i see some people that say that there are much more in Flight, but they cannot talk. Well, if they are part of the Beta, i think we already have seen what Beta has to offer. Some people went along and posted videos at youtube. If there were some options in the Beta that would reveal much more info, wouldn't you think someone would have leaked them by now?
Do you think there is more than one Beta?

There is no evidence of there being more than one beta. Do you have such evidence?

Thanks, Torium! I'd like to add this from http://flyawaysimula...rosoft-studios/ :

The aircraft models are stunningly detailed and are authentically modeled with new modular systems for both aerodynamics and physical systems. Stalls and spins, including snap rolls, are tunable per aircraft. There are also tunable ground dynamics for tires and water operations, fuselage drag for proper slips and prop-wash over control surfaces for more precise aerobatics and ground handling.
The one really bad news about Flight I'm seeing for now is the exclusion of 3rd party add-ons. Everything else remains to be seen. It has been announced to be expandable, this is the core characteristic of Flight, so I don't worry too much about the things that reportedly aren't included in the Beta yet.I expect MS to sell most of the things that were available in FSX as add-ons, including a whole-earth coverage. If not, shame on me! But for now there's no point in screaming around that there isn't anything else than Hawaii in Flight, ATC and traffic are missing, etc, because it's part of the concept to sell them as add-ons...Certain things I do not expect to ever become available to flight, mostly due to the lack of 3rd party add-on support, and these weigh heavy in the eyes of the hardcore-simulation folks that we are. I do not see a possibility to create a connection to our beloved online-flying worlds IVAO and VATSIM. Neither do I see the availability of very-high realism aircraft like PMDG and the like have to offer. And this definitely is a big letdown.That said, provided that Flight lets us add traffic and ATC, and that the pricing remains reasonable, I can see myself using it. I have paid my price for FSX and enjoyed using it almost exclusively for VFR in the first years, so why not pay for some add-ons to fulfill my needs in Flight. Back in the early days of FSX, my hardware (like mostly everyone's) wasn't capable of simulating more complex aircraft, traffic, scenery at the same time, so I was sticking to FS9 for realistic online airliner flying. In the same way, I can imagine using FSX for the airliners and the more "professional" stuff, but using Flight for VFR. At least, if it proves a serious contender for the beautiful ORBX sceneries...I can't see that MS is not trying to give us the whole globe. I hope this is happening rather sooner than later, for the casual gamers who want to explore their familiar home regions as well as for us, who want to fly airliners from one continent to another.As for the system depth of the aircraft I'm mildly optimistic, at least measured by MS standards. There has been a Youtube-video (now removed) showing the usage of the checklists included with one of the Flight aircraft on high-realism setting. It leads the user step-by-step through the process of starting the aircraft from cold-and-dark, having to manipulate all the switches in the virtual cockpit. Yes, they are all functional, which is more than many here want to admit. It's still far away from simulating a whole airliner, but it's more than we had in FSX default.In the end for me it will come down to pricing and value. If I don't have to pay anything for the base package, why should I complain about paying a reasonable price for some add-ons to get the things I'm interested in? Edited by pstrub

My simming system: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 Ti Super 16GB, LG 38" 3840x1600

The one really bad news about Flight I'm seeing for now is the exclusion of 3rd party add-ons.
and even that remains to be seen

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

I agree that "alpha" and "beta" can sometimes be nebulous terms, but when a company launches a public beta, it's because they're late in the development cycle, features are frozen, and they want to do one final round of bug squashing and compatibility testing before launch.In other words, you're in denial.
So wrong & misleading
An Alpha build (which, as far I know, is all that we've seen) is the first phase of software testing for a new product, and mostly to test the stability of the software. It is not uncommon for new features to be added and tested during the Alpha build. "Beta Testing" is often used as a general label, even before the software had reached its Beta Build.
And so right.I have done beta testings three time's in the past (not MS) & every time they add new features as time goes on.Why do they do this?They want you to test the hell out of the basic program the core/engine first to see if there are any problems with it.If there are any bugs with it they will fix thoses problems first as this could have a follow on inpact on the next wave of features they give you. It makes it easyer for them to manage the bugs.If you are telling me that the beta testers are testing the full finshed game then why is it when I have seen the leaked youtube videos of MS Flight beta does it look nothing graphicly like the videos on the MS flight site?I don't understand why people can't see what has been shown in front of them.Beta video of MS Flight.vMS video of MS Flight.Look at the screen shots of MS Flight on the MS Flight site. Are you telling me that they look the same quality?The evidence is there in front of you just a google search away if you have not seen the youtube videos or MS Flight ones.

No, I don't. But what if some beta testers have access to some the the DLC that has already been completed?The success of Fight is going to hing on users purchasing DLC, MS knows this. My guess is that some DLC will be available on the day Flight is released (or very shortly after). Edited by Arwen

~ Arwen ~

Home Airfield: KHIE

The success of Fight is going to hing on users purchasing DLC, MS knows this.My guess is that some DLC will be available on the day Flight is released (or very shortly after).
Yes, agree! "MS knows this".MS also know that they are dependent on 3rd party developers Edited by torium

Thanks, Torium! I'd like to add this from http://flyawaysimula...rosoft-studios/ :The one really bad news about Flight I'm seeing for now is the exclusion of 3rd party add-ons.
As I asked in another thread, please, name all 3RD party developers excluded from Flight or at least give me a direct link to where MS made that statement, if you can't you will have to reformulate your sentence.Lets say that what you heard about the SDK not been release publicly from other sources outside MS's press release is true, does that mean that the developers (the one not excluded from Flight IF non-excluded developers thre is) can't use the SDK under MS's own rules?....do you see where I'm going with this? Edited by alainneedle1

As I asked in another thread, please, name all 3RD party developers excluded from Flight or at least give me a direct link to where MS made that statement, if you can't you will have to reformulate your sentence.
All freeware developers and any future payware developers who want to try their hand at developing freeware first.