Sign in to follow this  
SpeedPilot

Fly the Maddog Professional 2010 worth buying if...

Fly the Maddog Professional 2010 worth buying if I already have the CLS MD-81/82 and the F1 Super mega_shok.gif for FSX? Also with the Maddog Professional 2010 are you in the virtual cockpit right away after a flight loads or is there a menu on the screen before the virtual cockpit of the Maddogg? Also how are the frame rates on the Maddogg compared to say, the PMDG 737-700 in the virtual cockpit or the Captain Sim 767-200?
I tried the 2010 version for a while because I was looking for a VC implemented Multi-Crew (Shared Cockpit) plane and dispite the fact that the VC is a bit out dated, specially when you are getting used to the eye candy like the iFly 737 and PMDG 737 NGX, the simulation is very, very well done and a challenging plane. On the shared cockpit side however, there are to many bugs that never will be resolved so it's grounded in the hangar for me. Edited by simba_nl

Hi WYfox22:-You don't have to feel like a jerk! All the experienced Maddog flyers here understand what happened. You just didn't expect the Leo version to behave like this! "2 out of 5 successful". Yes, very likely, because SO many new Maddog pilots are used to the "jump in, Ctrl-E and fly" flightsim aircraft it's very easy to initially treat this one in the same fashion: Fact is - you can't. You will encounter all of the issues you've listed, (except the controller/pulling left problem - which could be taxying on one engine).If it will help - I created a quick-fly document to help:-http://dl.dropbox.co...addog_1_33e.docPrint this off and try it again.Try it and re-post your findings afterwards.Cheers,PS - Note to Simba: Go to the forum and ask for help with setting up for shared flight deck. The Maddog is flawless in this respect, with full flight operation and instrument interaction between pilot and f/o., but there are some :gotchas" that you need to setup first. It's not straightforward.

Edited by Paul J

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

To check the performance in the VC I just took the old dog out for a spin (I'm normally a 2d flyer), and performance isnt that bad at all after reconfiguring the load manager for best performance. I'd say the performance was a little bit better than the NGX. It didnt look too bad either, especially not after adding the third party VC night lighting addon from AVSim's library (search for maddog_vc-nightlights.zip).A couple of notes, there are a few things you need the 2d panels for. You need it to communicate with your crew, both ground and cabin (for pushback, loading passengers, adding fuel, ground power, ground air, emergency lights check). You also need the pedestal 2d panel for setting the auto brake level and arming it before landing.

Auto-brake can be set in the VC, Johan.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

I don't give the maddog a free pass on graphics for 'age'. Its maddog pro 2010 - it could be made to look better.He two reasons id fly this plane are:Systems depthSuperior fs2crew implementation.To be honest, ive cranked her up a couple of times and done a takeoff but dont tink ive ever done a long flight. Must get back to her sometime.Would be great if the devs would update the vc to 2012 - or even 2010 - standards.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Oh, its there, my bad
You can also access the ground crew and cabin crew via key commands without going to the 2D cockpit. I can't remember if they are set by default, or if they are set within the Maddog configuration utility, but the commands are CTRL+SHIFT+1 for ground crew, and CTRL+SHIFT+2 for cabin crew, at least on my end. The only things I go to the 2D panel for are the rudder control manual/hydraulic lever, fuel crossfeed lever, takeoff speed cards, vspeed settings, flight recorder programming, and the cargo fire test panel.

Like the other guys, the plane is hands down one of the best available. As far as the VC, yes the graphics are dated-- but there are some "mods" that let you update the textures. Framerates aren't that bad on my system-- certainly no worst than the NGX and probably better. If you have the slightest interest in learning the MD, get it!!p.s. I had the Flight1 MD and sat on the fence really wondering if it was worth the money. Glad I did!!
Do you have a link or any other information on this?As already well covered above about the only thing the Maddog needs is a face lift with some better textures for the VC.

RE Thomason Jr.

Blaze, here is a link to the revised VC night textures (sorry still looking for daytime VC)-- http://www.flythemaddog.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=8693 Also, instructions on creating wing views, engine views, etc--http://www.flythemaddog.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=6425&st=0&p=38150entry38150If you look in the maddog forum, there are also some sound file mods.

Hi WYfox22:-You don't have to feel like a jerk! All the experienced Maddog flyers here understand what happened. You just didn't expect the Leo version to behave like this! "2 out of 5 successful". Yes, very likely, because SO many new Maddog pilots are used to the "jump in, Ctrl-E and fly" flightsim aircraft it's very easy to initially treat this one in the same fashion: Fact is - you can't. You will encounter all of the issues you've listed, (except the controller/pulling left problem - which could be taxying on one engine).If it will help - I created a quick-fly document to help:-http://dl.dropbox.co...addog_1_33e.docPrint this off and try it again.Try it and re-post your findings afterwards.Cheers,PS - Note to Simba: Go to the forum and ask for help with setting up for shared flight deck. The Maddog is flawless in this respect, with full flight operation and instrument interaction between pilot and f/o., but there are some :gotchas" that you need to setup first. It's not straightforward.
Paul, we tried all the known tips and tricks because it was our last resort for the moment for a full working Shared Cockpit plane with a VC. Although the direct IP to IP outside FSX Multiplayer is brilliant, the offset and sync problems are a real showstopper. Even on a LAN there are sync problems. Over the Internet we used a fast VPN with the same bad results. For the ones who want to know more about it, The FSX version, Scenery, Winds, Payloads etc. must be 100% identical and even then there are still sync. problems in resulting a landing on the active runway by the PF (Captain) and the PNF (F/O) on the taxiway... There are some more small bugs which I can live with but the scenery sync is the most important. Nevertheless, the Maddog on its own is one of the most challenging aircraft. When Leonardo makes a 2012 version with a complete overhaul to modern graphical VC and solve the sync problem, it will be my number one to fly and I think more serious simmers will follow because Shared Cockpit flying is a must. PMDG is developing a Shared Cockpit version for the 737 NGX (They say) but first seeing then believing... Edited by simba_nl

So after just doing a complete re-install of all my FS, it seems to be working much better. I still have a strange issue, and it only happens in the full EFIS/FMS pink configuration; the fire handles and th ART switch will disappear for a period of time. They generally come back so I have no idea what that's about. So between the NGX and the MD I have about 3000+ pages of documentation I'm going through right now (my brain is starting to hurt!). LIke I said from a systems sim perspective its great. Graphics no so much, but I can forgive that!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dana Palmer

KJAC

Have made a good Shared Cockpit flight with the Maddog in Prepar3D. Have to do further testing but there are NO sync problems we have normally in FSX Multiplayer...The Maddog is using it's own IP to IP connection outside the Multiplayer section but the good news is that we also have flown the iFly 737 within the Multiplayer section over the Internet and ofcourse not all the systems are simulated vice versa but the PF could use al the navigation stuff like LNav and VNav and the PNF plane was following 100% without sync problems and funny behaviour.I'll keep the progression posten with the Maddog...

Excellent, Simba: you might want to document this, and then post/share it here - also on the Maddog site.

So after just doing a complete re-install of all my FS, it seems to be working much better.
That's good news, isn't it?Still wondering, wasn't there somebody stating that the devs are still working on the product and might aim for another update?

That would be good news indeed. Maybe I'll dig around forums and see what I can find.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dana Palmer

KJAC