Sign in to follow this  
S.Keller

PMDG Dash 8

As far as I know, the plan from PMDG was to do the 200/300 first. It wouldn't make sense to do the 400 as well with Majestic already working on it.Still want that J41 SP2 first! :(

I'm a huge fan of turboprops too. I think the company has resisted the "light" label in the past because I think some of their earlier products like the Beech were "light", essentially revamped models of default planes. I think Robert has said the turboprops are not "study sims", like the fans because they don't have as much detail on the systems. And, it's priced accordingly. Personally, since I don't fly long flights that often, I would love to have a turboprop that had a full failure model and I would pay more for it. But, my sense is that the company thinks the demand for an $mega_shok.gif turboprop is suspect. So they do the well-constructed, accurate $50 model, but you aren't going to be working emergencies, failures, etc., in them. (Having an engine fire is a type of failure, true, but I'm talking about a GEN failure or some sort of problem to work through like the Boeing products.) As for SP2, isn't that really mostly the bezel lines? I actually think the bird runs pretty well.

Majestic is doing the q400. It would be pointless for PMDG to do the q400. They stated that the dash 8 would be a "lite" product like the j41. Would you want a lite version of a complex plane like the q400? From what I have seen in the Majestic previews, they have put almost as much detail into their q400 as PMDG has in their NGX. Not to mention the q400 has been in developement as long as if not longer than the NGX so you know its not going to be a cheap piece of crap.
who is this majestic? dont know them? they makin good stuff? and where to get it? how close is release for them? cheers..

who is this majestic? dont know them? they makin good stuff? and where to get it? how close is release for them? cheers..
1. Not really sure who they are, but a small PMDG-like turboprop developer.2. They only created the 200/300 series, but they were released earlier this decade. Still to this date, probably to most sophisticated "free turbine" modelled A/C. 3. Google Majestic Software.4. NDA's are preventing a friend of mine from releasing any information. So I don't even ask. They haven't reached beta yet, and I don't expect anything from them within the next 6 months.I really look forward to the proposed 200/300 PMDG series Dash 8. Could we see any information on this? I understand no one wants to say anything who works with/for PMDG, but a simple "Yes, it's still being considered." Would be terrific. I would love to see some 3D propellors though! blum.gifBest Regards,

Really, the ground work is really well laid by Majestic for the -300. I had a backwards idea last evening...it's too bad PMDG and Olev couldn't get together for the -200/300's ala: Samdim+ Majestic for the -400.This guy was doing true hydraulic systems modelling and some basic but neat electrical load simulation way back as freeware in FS2002 days. Not to mention the ridiculous magic he performed in respects to modelling the PW123's. The failure model is excellent as well.

No news. it has been delayed indefinitely.