Hi Everyone,I have started a project: Photoreal Scilly for FS9 & FSX. I have created some photoreal tiles in sbuilder and compiled as BGL. When I have put the scenery into FS2004, it's in the correct space but under defualt scenery?Any help much appreciated,

Hi."When I have put the scenery into FS2004, it's in the correct space but under defualt scenery?"I am not sure if this will help, but are you aware that the Priority is assigned differently in FS9 vs FSX? In FsX a lower number is a higher priority, in FS9 a higher number is higher? TV

Hi."When I have put the scenery into FS2004, it's in the correct space but under defualt scenery?"I am not sure if this will help, but are you aware that the Priority is assigned differently in FS9 vs FSX? In FsX a lower number is a higher priority, in FS9 a higher number is higher? TV
It Works! I have it working in FS2004! I think I will get it fully functional in FS2004 then convert into FSX! Does anyone know how to adjust the coastline so the photoreal scenery falls perfectly? E.g. At the moment my cliffs are on flat land and my water is on my clifs? Is this mesh? And how do I fix it?Many Thanks,TheFSFreak

PREVIEWS: ENJOY!98489436.pngMY CLIFF PROBLEM!46766599.pngAND AGAIN!!!BELOW IS ONE OF THE NORTH ISLANDS @ ISLES OF SCILLY (NOT MAIN ONE WITH AIRPORT)51066243.png

Edited by TheFSFreak

Hi."Does anyone know how to adjust the coastline so the photoreal scenery falls perfectly?"I think you have to use a mask, I am not up to speed on that yet. There is a Tutorial, I think Luis is the Master on that. Before you go too far resolve this unknown, it may be that you have to do it at the initial Compile, before you get your .bgl? TV

FS 2004 is different from FS X. But, first a word on the nature of the problem.The hydro polygons in FS 2004 are set to an altitude of 0 meters, call it sea level if you wish, although in reality sea level can vary considerably.Unfortunately, FS 2004 provides no way to remove that altitude. So, you can cover the sea with custom (photo-real) ground textures, but they will necessarily follow the underlying altitudes and if they fall on areas that were default water, they will be at sea level.Since you cannot exclude that altitude, your only option in FS 2004 is to modify the default HP file for that area and replace it with the one you have changed. Fortunately, this can be extremely easy. Luis Sá's SBuilder for FS 2004 (available right here in the Avsim library) allows you to import that HP file, modify it so that the coasts are accurate (and therefore display water at sea level where it should be) and then save that file. And that is what you will have to do.FS X is different in that hydro polygons with their accompanying flattens at 0 meters can be completely excluded, allowing replacement by a new hydro polygon.Best regards,Luis

While i am all for users learning to develop scenery, no sense in reinventing the wheeel if need be. there is a fantastic scenery for isles of scilly out.http://www.earthsimulations.com/isles_of_scilly.html

Best, Michael

KDFW

While i am all for users learning to develop scenery, no sense in reinventing the wheeel if need be. there is a fantastic scenery for isles of scilly out.http://www.earthsimu..._of_scilly.html
HiThis scenery is for FSX only! To be honest, this is just a little project for me, to help me build scenery!Regards,TheFSFreak

HiThis scenery is for FSX only! To be honest, this is just a little project for me, to help me build scenery!Regards,TheFSFreak
No problem, just pointing it out in case you hadn't seen it..You mention in your first post converting it to FSX, Keep in mind, that FSX can display a much higher resolution than FS9, so it's always best to start from scratch.

Best, Michael

KDFW

No problem, just pointing it out in case you hadn't seen it..You mention in your first post converting it to FSX, Keep in mind, that FSX can display a much higher resolution than FS9, so it's always best to start from scratch.
Ok, Will bear that in mind! Thanks,TheFSFreak

Still no luck! Is there a tutorial on how to modify hp? Thanks,TheFSFreakP.S. If anyone wants to help PM me and I will send you the files!

All you have to do is import that file into SBuilder and then move the coastlines. To know how to move coastlines in SBuilder, please read the SBuilder Help File (access it from the Help menu on the top right).It is best if you have a background as a guide. You can use a Google Earth image if you want, but you will have to calibrate that image within SBuilder (provide the coordinates of the 4 corners of the image.)It is up to you to find some way to make a background image, but you can also use Luis Sá's Get A Map - this is a web site for getting Maps!http://www.ptsim.com...id=53&Itemid=57Best regards.Luis

Edited by LuisFelizTirado