Sign in to follow this  
Tony P

Descent question....

At what point should Vox ATC start having me descend? There have been multiple times when I hear nothing but after I request to go lower they give me the go ahead to descend. Is there an issue here?

Edited by golfcart22

I always get the order to descend pretty much close to my T/D.just fly and let Vox give you the descend order.

Joel Strikovsky
Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

When I fly VFR, I have to ask for a decent. When I fly IFR, I always receive a desent without asking.Murray

I lately get a desent way too early: just now I finished a flight from KSFO to KLAS. VoxATC gave me a desent while I was still 80miles away from the T/D !! I was flying a PMDG 738 at FL370.What's up with that? :(

don't know.you may want an address this with the VoxATC Support.

Joel Strikovsky

I lately get a desent way too early: just now I finished a flight from KSFO to KLAS. VoxATC gave me a desent while I was still 80miles away from the T/D !! I was flying a PMDG 738 at FL370.What's up with that? :(
Eric, I was having the same problem. Contact Tegwin, he sent me an update that fixed the problem. Now, usually I get descent instructions with 1 or 2 miles of my TD.

NAX669.png

Joel, I got the update (6.06) from Tegwyn back in October. I'm not sure why he didn't make it available to the general public. I just emailed him to get permission to give out the link for the update. As soon as I hear from him, I'll let you know.

NAX669.png

what is the latest Version out three?did you get a "What's New" file with that fix?what else does it fixes that 6.06?

Joel Strikovsky

Joel, 6.05 is the latest on the VOX website. There is no fix list and as far as I know it only fixes the early descent. As I said, when I hear from Tegwyn I'll let you know. Maybe if enough folks requested a fix for this problem he'd release another update.

NAX669.png

Joel, I received a response from Tegwyn this morning giving me permission to publish the links for the update. Unfortunately I'm at work right now. I'll post them as soon as I get home around 1930 UTC.

NAX669.png

Here you go guys. It has worked well for me. Be sure to follow the installation instructions.To fix this premature descent, first download 6.06Uninstall your current VoxATC X If you're running Xp download and install http://www.voxatc.net/606/VASetup.msi For Vista/Win7 download http://www.voxatc.net/606/VoxATCInstall.zip unzip into a folder and run 'setup.exe'.Then you will need to patch that by downloading www.voxatc.net/606update.zipExtraxt the files BGLAFD3.dll FlightplanExtras.exe VoxATC.dll and VoxATCServer.exe and put them into your VoxATC program files folder (usually C:Program Files (x86)Internal WorkingsVoxATC XOverwrite the existing files.

NAX669.png

This is great, I'll try it this evening.... Thanks!

Jack F. Vogel, Delta Virtual Airlines