Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tony P

Descent question....

At what point should Vox ATC start having me descend? There have been multiple times when I hear nothing but after I request to go lower they give me the go ahead to descend. Is there an issue here?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I always get the order to descend pretty much close to my T/D.just fly and let Vox give you the descend order.

When I fly VFR, I have to ask for a decent. When I fly IFR, I always receive a desent without asking.Murray

I lately get a desent way too early: just now I finished a flight from KSFO to KLAS. VoxATC gave me a desent while I was still 80miles away from the T/D !! I was flying a PMDG 738 at FL370.What's up with that? :(

I lately get a desent way too early: just now I finished a flight from KSFO to KLAS. VoxATC gave me a desent while I was still 80miles away from the T/D !! I was flying a PMDG 738 at FL370.What's up with that? :(
Eric, I was having the same problem. Contact Tegwin, he sent me an update that fixed the problem. Now, usually I get descent instructions with 1 or 2 miles of my TD.

Joel, I got the update (6.06) from Tegwyn back in October. I'm not sure why he didn't make it available to the general public. I just emailed him to get permission to give out the link for the update. As soon as I hear from him, I'll let you know.

what is the latest Version out three?did you get a "What's New" file with that fix?what else does it fixes that 6.06?

Joel, 6.05 is the latest on the VOX website. There is no fix list and as far as I know it only fixes the early descent. As I said, when I hear from Tegwyn I'll let you know. Maybe if enough folks requested a fix for this problem he'd release another update.

Joel, I received a response from Tegwyn this morning giving me permission to publish the links for the update. Unfortunately I'm at work right now. I'll post them as soon as I get home around 1930 UTC.

Here you go guys. It has worked well for me. Be sure to follow the installation instructions.To fix this premature descent, first download 6.06Uninstall your current VoxATC X If you're running Xp download and install http://www.voxatc.net/606/VASetup.msi For Vista/Win7 download http://www.voxatc.net/606/VoxATCInstall.zip unzip into a folder and run 'setup.exe'.Then you will need to patch that by downloading www.voxatc.net/606update.zipExtraxt the files BGLAFD3.dll FlightplanExtras.exe VoxATC.dll and VoxATCServer.exe and put them into your VoxATC program files folder (usually C:Program Files (x86)Internal WorkingsVoxATC XOverwrite the existing files.

Sigh, I uninstalled 6.0.5, installed 6.0.6 and then the patch.... and now rather than fixthis decend-to-early problem, it completely broke the thing, when I try to start it up Iget a FATAL ERROR.....GRRRR, I seem to recall this problem, and of course must have fixed it on the oldversion which is now deleted...Someone want to jog my memory?

Jack, Be sure to run the indexer again and also the panel setup tool.

I got the same thing also, sometimes it works well and other times I get the error.and Yes I did run the Indexer

Joel, Very strange. I rarely get the Fatal Error message, and when I do it's usually something that I did or failed to do. I sure wish this version worked for FS9 as well.

only started a week ago immediately after I Upgraded from v6.0 to v6.06 (Uninstall and Install).

Since I started to only use Ivona voices it hardly to never crashes anymore. I did find ound that some voicepacks are responsible for cashes.

I ran the indexer as well, I thought maybe it was the particular aircraft, but Itried two different ones and both had the error. I will do more troubleshootingbut I ran out of time last night.I keep thinking of buying Ivona also, but have always choked on the price, Ido get really tired of the freebie voices though, maybe I'll give in :)

DUH, just realized from reading another thread that I forgot to rerun the U2bridge thingieafter the reinstall, I bet that's behind this problem. Will check tonight.

Since I started to only use Ivona voices it hardly to never crashes anymore. I did find ound that some voicepacks are responsible for cashes.
+1 on that - except I wish they weren't so darn expensive.

do get really tired of the freebie voices though, maybe I'll give in :)
I gave in...