Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

My First Forum “BANNED” ORBX

Haven't you seen that MS FLIGHT will only include Hawaii and 2 planes? Kinda dissapointing tbh
That will only be the beginning... :wink:But let's save that discussion for the MS Flight forum, shall we? :(

That will only be the beginning... :wink:But let's save that discussion for the MS Flight forum, shall we? :(
Phew! That was close. :(

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Anybody else here remember the VOZ days? What was that tiny airstrip called near sugarloaf mountain? Tony's place? And the other one steeply sloped one on the ridge inland from Coffs Harbour? Good times. Must be what, four or five years ago?

Just back from Hol's good to see the amount of views this topic has got (8,000) and to see they are watching us LOL.I have just seen I now get this over at Orbx.203Untitled_1.jpg(removed 4 words)* mod totally out of control, the success of the company has gone to his head big time, good job it's not a restaurant it would be like this.Customer " Would it be possible to have my soup a little warmer please"[removed 2 words)] mod chef storms out of kichen..."GET OUT OF MY RESTAURANT NOW AND NEVER COME BACK"" Sorry I eat here all the time, I just asked if I could have my soup warmer!"" JUST GET OUT NOW"It seems like others has said he was all for building a community and fans on there forums to get the company going but as its clear to all we where just being played as fools.* [moderated just to tone it down a bit and making it less personally directed] mod

Edited by SpiritFlyer

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

No nothing Stephen,I PM Ian at the time to ask why? and hopefully sort it out but he never replied, shame as I am sure it could have seen sorted out with out all this.I will always voice my opinion and say it how I think but I will always look at it from the other persons pov if I have upset them and I am never to "proud" to apologize if needs be. But we are dealing with one man's very big ego. So we never get a PM or anything just a Ban, its all there in the forum rules, read them, there fun to read. But my gut feeling is Ian and everyone else is told to ban/limit people with no regard what so ever for there customs or anything else.But we should have seen it coming, they are now a size where they feel us as individuals are no long needed, we where the very people spreading the "word" around for them for years, but it means nothing to them now and nor does our custom.Taken for a fool is what comes to mind, Stephen we both bought some of there products simply because we both thought in our small way we where helping them.Take me for a fool once = shame on you.Take me for a fool twice = shame on me.

Edited by NyxxUK

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

No nothing Stephen,I PM Ian at the time to ask why? and hopefully sort it out but he never replied, shame as I am sure it could have seen sorted out with out all this.But my gut feeling is Ian and everyone else is told to ban/limit people with no regard what so ever for there customs or anything else.But we should have seen it coming, they are now a size where they feel us as individuals are no long needed, we where the very people spreading the "word" around for them for years, but it means nothing to them now and nor does our custom.Taken for a fool is what comes to mind, Stephen we both bought some of there products simply because we both thought in our small way we where helping them.Take me for a fool once = shame on you.Take me for a fool twice = shame on me.
Tell you what Dave, many of the regular supporters like yourself are very much missed, at least by me. There is definitely a different feeling around the forum.You're right Dave about 'spreading the word', like yourself and many others, I too have always promoted Orbx scenery, as can be seen here http://forum.avsim.net/topic/357732-new-zealand-from-orbx/page__fromsearch__1I wonder if Orbx actually realise the kind of support they've had from guys who've been banned and the enormous good that has been created in promoting Orbx scenery :( Edited by Rockliffe

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Kind words Howard, thank you.I miss the chat there with people like Frank, Alan2, Archie etc, I feel they must think I just gave up FSX. Shame as i have no means to PM them over there or even view my own profile, the word childish comes to mind.O well, good to see a lot of names here :)EDIT:Just seen there General forum lol (dont tell :( )and now you guys back there cannot even inform others of e.g "A2A P-40 is out", any more"Please note that any post which announces another developer's product will be deleted immediately without explanation. We will be updating the forum terms of use to reflect this policy update." Other land class developers ofc but aircraft etc :( , O well, they might as well just have there Product review forum and support forum and be done worth it.BTW I loved this bit"We will be updating the forum terms of use to reflect this policy update." :( I wonder if that comes with an auto Ban?It seems the only thing to miss is the old people that where there.

Edited by NyxxUK

Kind words Howard, thank you.I miss the chat there with people like Frank, Alan2, Archie etc, I feel they must think I just gave up FSX. Shame as i have no means to PM them over there or even view my own profile :)O well, good to see a lot of names here :)EDIT:Just seen there General forum lol (dont tell :( )and now you guys back there cannot even inform others of e.g "A2A P-40 is out", any more"Please note that any post which announces another developer's product will be deleted immediately without explanation. We will be updating the forum terms of use to reflect this policy update." Other land class developers ofc but aircraft etc :( , O well, they might as well just have there Product review forum and support forum and be done worth it.BTW I loved this bit"We will be updating the forum terms of use to reflect this policy update." :( I wonder if that comes with an auto Ban?It seems the only thing to miss is the old people that where there.
G'day Dave (and Stephen, Howard, Jeroen, and everyone else!), good to see you mate. As one of those that calls the ORBX forum home, it's been disappointing to see many of my friends drift away, stop posting entirely, or be banned outright over the last couple of months. I've staunchly stayed out of the various debates which have been the cause of troubles as they largely had no effect on me or my simming, but the mood over there is definitely not what it once was. The posting count seems to have dropped off dramatically, and the content on the site is becoming very ho-hum. I was a bit shocked by the decision to ban promotional posts for other aircraft or even any post which could be construed in any way as promoting another developer's aircraft or addons, as the ORBX forum was always where I found out about other new products - I wouldn't have half the planes in my hangar if not for the enthusiastic posts by other forum regulars. I was caught off guard when I posted a thread about the release of Ant's fantastic new Eaglet, and returned after the weekend to find it gone. In all my time on the forum I've never been so much as moderated, let alone had a thread removed. I didn't receive any kind of explanation and my questions went unanswered until that post from JV appeared several days later.Anyway, just wanted to say hi, I miss the posts from a bunch of you guys who have voluntarily or involuntarily departed. I remain a loyal customer of ORBX (well, their Aussie and Kiwi products anyway, don't really care about flying elsewhere) and consider most of their developers first rate people - but the current management of the business' image leaves one somewhat puzzled. Will be interested to see what the future holds for us all.Cheers,Derek

Good to see you to Derek.Spread the word we are over here now.

I miss the chat there with people like Frank, Alan2, Archie etc
I'm here mate, just keeping my head down at the moment. To be really honest,all this nonsense has really made me question why I bother with Flight Simming as a hobby any more. To ice the cake, I was actually abused over at the OzX site by some random visitor whom amongst the vitriol, accused me of stealing a repaint that her 'friend' had made. Turns out it was actually one of mine he had 'borrowed' and called his own at a well known virtual airline site....

You shouldn't have to keep your head down anywhere, Dale, and I don't think that the result of the issues created by the OrbX leadership is nonsense, either.The posting of discontent here are very legitimate human reactions in response to a number of uncalled-for, belligerent insults delivered publicly to good people who were - and have been for a long time - enjoying the shared cameraderie that comes with any hobby, be it at the GolfPro shop, the Crew Room - and many of the other forums on the internet, just like those at Avsim, SimFlight, REX, A2A and others.OrbX has/had a number of excellent public 'lounge-type' forums where good discussion and relationship with the company has been the norm for a number of years. That a moody company owner has unexpectedly destroyed that club atmosphere has sent a strong message to anyone who has dealings with him.I have flown R/C aircraft for more than forty years, and if the owner of my local hobby shop/store got p***** off with me - for whatever reason - guess how much of my money he's going to get in future. Nada. Zilch. I'll cut off my nose before he gets another penny.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Good to see you Dale, how did the PMDG 737 go for you? Glad you found us all over here m8.

All this backlash as a result of one man's ego? Sorry, I just don't see it.There are other shareholders and partners, a lot of mods and admins, not to mention all the very talented developers contracted to Orbx and I just cannot see all these people being "held hostage" by a single ego.In my opinion the shift from developer to publisher (and a very dedicated commercial one at that) is what is going on here. The FSX hobby market is taking a back seat and resources are being realigned in line with the fundamental shift of focus. FSX enthusiast chit-chat is no longer what OrbX is about. Sorry. I've said it before and I will say it again: In my opinion everything that has happened with Orbx since December (perhaps even including the setup of this very subforum on AVSIM) has been discussed, assesed and factored in by Orbx.The above is pure speculation on my part, of course.[i edited out the references to an individual. Please refrain from identifying individuals.] Mod

Konrad