Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

My First Forum “BANNED” ORBX

noooooooo, I know what you might think... this time it is NOT me.. I swear on my best avsim word of goodness. I never had the necessity to have multiple account here at avsim.. Yes at THAT other place (we all know which one), it was a necessity, .....but not here..! Not now, not in the past, not in the futureWhat I have to say here, I can say under my own name even though it might have steps on some toes, I never had to have an undercover alias here to say what I want.Just to clarify for those "We know who you are"
LOLOL! Honestly, I never even thought of you in that regard since I had entirely forgotten about that "event" over yonder. :( My suspicions lay elsewhere. The AVSIM system is really good at picking up electronic signatures and trails, so every one should avoid crossing that line. Just a friendly and hopefully preemptive, but serious warning, that breaking this rule will automatically trigger some very unpleasant, nasty and wicked things from the dark side. :diablo:Kind regards,

Well alrighty then.Just to clarify a couple of things. I have never posted on this orbx area before with my other name so suspicions can stop looking there.I did open another account here, not because I forgot. I never knew. But do what you must. To be honest I have only ever posted helpful stuff and encouragement to what I had hoped was go to keep people into fsx but at this point I believe my fsx foruming days are over. I am just going to go fly and forget the politics.I have only needed help a couple of times and the rest of the time just tried to help others.Kick me, ban me, delete everything, or come get me. As they say in SERE training - Do your worst.Signing out of forums for good. No need to respond as I will not be back. Not going away angry just going away.I wish you all the best!

Fantastic topic. I thought I was alone over there when I had some smart assed replies to my posts. I feel really at home here now. (Especially since I know that J-P is also here)I wanted to share this reply to a post in French which I just saw on their forum. The translation is from Google, but I dont think I could do better, given the disasterous French that it was written in:"Hello and welcome forumsFTX AGREEMENT ON,of soutiens'il êtresi gentilet please add votrenuméro control (s) to your signatureselon règlesdu the forum.information about the fluency faireque voustrouverez icicab"No comment :( Think the guy that asked the question will be here soon.

Paul

Well alrighty then.Just to clarify a couple of things. I have never posted on this orbx area before with my other name so suspicions can stop looking there.I did open another account here, not because I forgot. I never knew. But do what you must. To be honest I have only ever posted helpful stuff and encouragement to what I had hoped was go to keep people into fsx but at this point I believe my fsx foruming days are over. I am just going to go fly and forget the politics.I have only needed help a couple of times and the rest of the time just tried to help others.Kick me, ban me, delete everything, or come get me. As they say in SERE training - Do your worst.Signing out of forums for good. No need to respond as I will not be back. Not going away angry just going away.I wish you all the best!
Nope, I don't intend to do any of those things when an honest error occurs! Perhaps you have our behaviour mixed up with those you experienced by others elsewhere. People are not treated roughly or unfairly in this forum, not on my watch, so there is no need to react negatively to a reminder of a basic AVSIM rule or to dump on us as a result. You are welcome in this forum under your single registered name anytime you want, without anyone thinking (or knowing) anything about you one way or the other. But the requirement of having only one identity on AVSIM is non negotiable, and that goes for everyone, everywhere, everytime.Kind regards,

Hi there mate, I really think you take it the wrong way here.Your post was very informative and we need to have people with some know how here.

I sincerely hope that Orbx is closely reading this excellent new forum, though their exhibited behavior to date makes me question whether they listen to anyone other than themselves.Some of the comments being made are not only incredibly piercing, they absolutely get to the heart of what is wrong over there.I take my hat off to Scotchegg, another forum "personality" whose contribution I have always enjoyed from the sidelines. To make those comments is a conscious decision to begin one's exit from the forums in question.The fact that so many are seemingly willing to "defect" should be of great concern to Orbx. This is nothing less than customer mutiny.I cannot resist paraphrasing the old saying of "reputation takes years to establish, and seconds to dismantle"

I cannot resist paraphrasing the old saying of "reputation takes years to establish, and seconds to dismantle"
That is remarkably similar to the statement of Charles D. Tandy, founding partner and CEO of Tandy Corporation, and owner of Radio Shack. This maxim addresses the critical nature of providing outstanding customer support:"The lifetime value of a customer far exceeds the loss of a single sale."The proof of the validity of this attitude lies in the fact that the store I managed in Warsaw, Indiana years ago has many third-generation customers... :(

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I sincerely hope that Orbx is closely reading this excellent new forum, though their exhibited behavior to date makes me question whether they listen to anyone other than themselves.Some of the comments being made are not only incredibly piercing, they absolutely get to the heart of what is wrong over there.I take my hat off to Scotchegg, another forum "personality" whose contribution I have always enjoyed from the sidelines. To make those comments is a conscious decision to begin one's exit from the forums in question.The fact that so many are seemingly willing to "defect" should be of great concern to Orbx. This is nothing less than customer mutiny.I cannot resist paraphrasing the old saying of "reputation takes years to establish, and seconds to dismantle"
I have had a few 'familiar names' view my profile since I have been here but I doubt they spend very much time over here. The amount of posts they delete from their own pages on a daily basis would have long ago given them a pretty clear idea as to the general mood without having to come over here to see the same points made in a free and open forum. I'm sure one or two of their poodles pay close attention to those who post in both forums and I fear the sword of Damocles hanging over some of them but I don't think we have made the agenda in any of the morning meetings yet!

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

Hi there mate, I really think you take it the wrong way here.Your post was very informative and we need to have people with some know how here.
I agree 100%.

Fantastic topic. I thought I was alone over there when I had some smart assed replies to my posts. I feel really at home here now. (Especially since I know that J-P is also here)I wanted to share this reply to a post in French which I just saw on their forum. The translation is from Google, but I dont think I could do better, given the disasterous French that it was written in:"Hello and welcome forumsFTX AGREEMENT ON,of soutiens'il êtresi gentilet please add votrenuméro control (s) to your signatureselon règlesdu the forum.information about the fluency faireque voustrouverez icicab"No comment :( Think the guy that asked the question will be here soon.
Hi Paul,Nice to see you here as well :( Ain't this a fine a fine forum ! Just to set the record straight, the mod who is in charge of the French forum over there is Dutch (just like me) and French not being his mother tongue at all, he still tries to do his best to help. I had a conversation with him on Skype not so long ago and believe me, he's a nice guy.

KInd regards

Jean-Paul

I7 8700K / Fractal Design Celsius S24 watercooling / ASRock Z370 Extreme4 motherboard / Corsair 32GB 3200mhz DDR4 / INNO3D iChiLL GeForce GTX 1080 Ti X3 / Samsung SSD 960 EVO M.2 PCIe NVMe 500GB / Seasonic-SSR-850FX power supply / Fractal Design Define R5 Black case / AOC Q3279VWF 32″ 2560x1440 monitor / Benq GL2450 24″ 1920x1080 monitor / Track-IR 4

I have had a few 'familiar names' view my profile since I have been here but I doubt they spend very much time over here. The amount of posts they delete from their own pages on a daily basis would have long ago given them a pretty clear idea as to the general mood without having to come over here to see the same points made in a free and open forum. I'm sure one or two of their poodles pay close attention to those who post in both forums and I fear the sword of Damocles hanging over some of them but I don't think we have made the agenda in any of the morning meetings yet!
Hahaha, take it from me, they are paying close attention about what's going on here...very close.

Aaaaaagh! My joke about 'We know who you are' was a reference to a response made by an Orbx mod to one of our number. I'm sorry, it fell completely on it's face. My tongue was so fimly in my cheek it almost broke through! Please don't go.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

...and I fear the sword of Damocles hanging over some of them.
I'll put my helmet on. :(

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Aaaaaagh! My joke about 'We know who you are' was a reference to a response made by an Orbx mod to one of our number. I'm sorry, it fell completely on it's face. My tongue was so fimly in my cheek it almost broke through!Please don't go.
Actually the "We know who you are" is somewhat of a private joke after I was caught out over at the other site.. and the guys words were "We know who you are"So please it really is no reference to i love to fly. Edited by bliksimpie