Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

My First Forum “BANNED” ORBX

Members2,789 posts:0 reviews240 topicsJoined 11-August 06Posted 21 January 2012 - 03:25 PMNyxxUK, on 21 January 2012 - 01:19 PM, said:I’ve always found Dutch people to be per light and respectful.Thank you, thank you.
Glad someone else spotted this too!Geoff

Geoff Brown

Damn, they're quick! Gone already. It's like it was a figment of my imagination. Good job I copied it.
Keep 'em coming Ron! :( Our "New Recruit" (and I only found this forum this morning) has hit the nail on the head (see post above Ron's comment...page8?). My "CRIME" was to post that after the Xmas Sale debacle that "The honourable thing to do would be to give those who'd pre-paid a credit note against future purchases". My reward was deletion and banning. No notification, communication and no subsequent response to PM's asking why I can't post. Same user name there and feel free to judge my other posts..... if you can be bothered :( It's sad that a group of talented developers have come together under one heading and yet the reason for this "unofficial" forum seems to be down to a handful (is it that many?) of people.Hopefully, and looking on the more positive aspect this forum will enable discussion of those developers work AS PART of our mutual hobby. Here there will be no censorship on grounds of "vested interest" and any issues that may arise out of conflicts with other 3rd party add-ons will doubtless be resolved more intelligently responded to. I'm convinced of that as after 8 pages of the thread I see so many familiar posters and feel sure that the help that many give freely can now proceed "without let or hindrance"?I've spent over 10 years posting on, and reading, the Train Sim forums. Sims are a great hobby and best of all they are a creative hobby that allow constructive and creative input with support and guidance and tutorials from an international community. There are so many good points as to why the recent actions of a few individuals are blinkered and negative and one can only hope that the individual developers for ORBX will bring some pressure to bear to rectify the enormous damage that has IMHO been done. There is a precedent for closing customer forums and ignoring customer feedback in Train Simming. No names, no pack drill. Suffice to say that if the person responsible for that had taken the opposite path he'd probably have been much more succesful?If anyone involved has "private, personal or health issues" the smart thing to do surely would be to hand over their PR responsibilities to team members better equipped to cope until these issues are resolved?Anyway great to see this thread has support and hope that the word can be spread to other ORBX users.Geoff Edited by lateagain

Geoff Brown

Keep 'em coming Ron! :( Our "New Recruit" (and I only found this forum this morning) has hit the nail on the head (see post above Ron's comment...page8?). My "CRIME" was to post that after the Xmas Sale debacle that "The honourable thing to do would be to give those who'd pre-paid a credit note against future purchases". My reward was deletion and banning. No notification, communication and no subsequent response to PM's asking why I can't post. Same user name there and feel free to judge my other posts..... if you can be bothered :Just Kidding:It's sad that a group of talented developers have come together under one heading and yet the reason for this "unofficial" forum seems to be down to a handful (is it that many?) of people.Hopefully, and looking on the more positive aspect this forum will enable discussion of those developers work AS PART of our mutual hobby. Here there will be no censorship on grounds of "vested interest" and any issues that may arise out of conflicts with other 3rd party add-ons will doubtless be resolved more intelligently responded to. I'm convinced of that as after 8 pages of the thread I see so many familiar posters and feel sure that the help that many give freely can now proceed "without let or hindrance"?I've spent over 10 years posting on, and reading, the Train Sim forums. Sims are a great hobby and best of all they are a creative hobby that allow constructive and creative input with support and guidance and tutorials from an international community. There are so many good points as to why the recent actions of a few individuals are blinkered and negative and one can only hope that the individual developers for ORBX will bring some pressure to bear to rectify the enormous damage that has IMHO been done. There is a precedent for closing customer forums and ignoring customer feedback in Train Simming. No names, no pack drill. Suffice to say that if the person responsible for that had taken the opposite path he'd probably have been much more succesful?If anyone involved has "private, personal or health issues" the smart thing to do surely would be to hand over their PR responsibilities to team members better equipped to cope until these issues are resolved?Anyway great to see this thread has support and hope that the word can be spread to other ORBX users.Geoff
Hi Geoff, I remember reading your post before christmas and thought that it was very pertinent. As I have said previously, these kinds of posts should be seen as an opportunity for Orbx to respond quickly, offering the legitimate and qualified reasons behind their decisions. If their is no response, then of course it somehow suggests, at least to me, that perhpas they don't actually agree with their own decisions anyway!

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Anyway great to see this thread has support and hope that the word can be spread to other ORBX users.Geoff
Hello Geoff,Good to see you again. Welcome to the little fort hideaway in the woods. Hope you have fun and enjoy sharing our hobby here too!Kind regards,

Welcome Geoff,Sadly we all know why and its down to one person and if he was as damm good as he thinks he is, then he would have seen that it would have been money well spent for himself to back away from "his" forums and pay someone to handle customer relations as he is the last person that should be on the "front desk" dealing with customers.The forums imo where one of the reasons Orbx has done so well, but in hind sight he just used us and know feels we are no longer needed.Orbx developers are the best shame aerosoft or someone else did not snap them up.

Edited by NyxxUK

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Indeed I feel that those who are so disgruntled they want to boycott the products should consider again (as has already been pointed out) that there are several different developers/creators here. It's the publisher that seems to be the issue? This was the same with the Train Simulator company that I mentioned. Plenty of good folk developing stuff but for a publisher who refused to acknowledge any criticism or suggestions for improvement. What happened there is that the best developers, who privately were as annoyed by this stance as the customers, left and founded another company. Still going today and with a lot of respect in the Train Sim community.I was particularly disgusted to see a sycophantic letter in the latest edition of PC Pilot got “Star Letter” status (won him two Flight 1 titles) supporting the recent debacle and criticising folk like us for “not showing respect”!!!!! IMHO software add-ons consumers are as entitled to comparison as anyone who buy's a car, a fridge freezer ...indeed any commercially produced consumer goods.Still as I said it's been great to get this off my chest and see that I am in "good company".Now perhaps we can discuss the products sensibly and without any restrictions on discussing or comparing them with other publishers stuff. Most useful will be free discussion about compatability with other publishers scenery and issuses that may arise there? I think that will be constructive and informative? Like a good few in the Sims hobby I'm retired now and have to be a bit more careful with my pennies.Good products EARN respect and acknowledgment from the community. They don’t need to hide behind sycophantic drivel from anyone?GeoffPS Sadly real life isn’t allowing me much time to even look at FSX or MSTS at the moment but I’ve invested a great deal in these hobbies so I’ll not be going away.

Geoff Brown

I was particularly disgusted to see a sycophantic letter in the latest edition of PC Pilot got “Star Letter” status (won him two Flight 1 titles) supporting the recent debacle and criticising folk like us for “not showing respect”!!!!! GeoffPS Sadly real life isn’t allowing me much time to even look at FSX or MSTS at the moment but I’ve invested a great deal in these hobbies so I’ll not be going away.
Geoff,I did not know that. IMHO such an action endorsing any statement like that indicates an editorial policy that does not speak well for that publication. It will be more difficult for me to support or direct people toward that title in the future. It is a shame that the good name of Flight1 would have been linked through no fault of their own to such poor judgment.Kind regards,

Perhaps one of use should contact PC Pilot / Fight 1 and give another side of the story. Including a link to this post with 10500 views.

Edited by NyxxUK

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

NO SHAME on Flight1! They just provide some free titles for PC Pilot to give away as prizes or with subscriptions. Not much use to me as I've bought some of their best stuff already! Love their Islander. one of my all time favourites and BTW the first aircraft my daughter ever flew in at 1. A day trip to the Isles of Scilly.The only thing that annoys me is that giving this letter such status in a "forum" where there is no "right of reply" is at best ill-judged and at worst "self serving"?Still gripes over? On with Simming?Geoff

Perhaps one of use should contact Fight 1 and give another side of the story. Including a link to this post with 10500 views.
No Way! Flight 1 has nothing to do with this other than providing discs to PC Pilot.It's the Editor of PC Pilot that owes a few folk an apology IMHO?Geoff

Geoff Brown

No right to reply but I bet they would like to hear another side all the same Geoff.

Edited by NyxxUK

I may be wrong here but...as far as self respecting developers leaving and branching out on their own - I seem to remember that part of the developement process /techniques are under patent.Something in the back of my mind, which I am not clear about atm, tells me there is something along these lines in place.Cheers ...alan2

About PC Pilot magazine patting ORBX on the back after the last blowup disaster:Question: How much advertising in that issue was by ORBX, or from people that sell ORBX products and what percentage might that add up to?What do you think?I am not saying, just asking...Kind regards,

There was no love lost between Flight 1 and Orbx on the MS Flight Forum (when it was open)......I dont think we need bother!

Sorry if I'm dragging up an old (and tired) thread, but another long time Orbx user here (regular on the forum from the start), who is just shocked and puzzled by this.I hate arrogance and Orbx is the last organisation I would have imagined that would have turned to 'shoot from the hip' banning of members. Ok, if they chose to, deleting posts without question is one thing, and providing an explanation by PM if asked for one......but banning paying members without any justification is disgraceful.One thing I have been thinking, in reading the 12 pages of this thread;-Is it really JV that is the problem? ........... it seems that some posts are getting deleted so quickly (and users banned) that perhaps it's a rogue moderator, thinking he's protecting JV, by just killing everything that he thinks is a threat?Clearly there have been posts by JV displaying a terrible attitude (as paraphrased in this thread), but is he really the one banning so many established, contributary members of that community?I don't really know who moderates there now, but I checked in today and saw some threads hastily locked (IMHO) by a mod called Wolter....Sad state of affairs....