Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

2012 - The volume of FS9 daily downloads still amazes.

has the FS9 forum turned into an FSX vs. FS9 forum? That's all I see in here
You need new glasses.

Not being a C++ programmer I'd never thought about it, but that must absolutely drive a gauge programmer batty. I'll bet your "trusted" list in the FSX.cfg is a mile long :)Jim
Hey, you're right, I should check it. Each time I compile a gauge, it is considered by FSX as a new one, so the list is certainly very, very long.The idea of managing security is good, but MS should have implemented a way to disable it for the C/C++ gauge developers.

:( sweet, getting my popcorn back out.... We really need a popcorn eating smiley for these situations!!!

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

All in Fun..... RJ
The popcorn face smiley!@! You really are a genius RJ!That cartoon is classic, I love the Flight Model and member 3000+ has no idea what he is missing!!!! Edited by psolk

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Drop your popcorn guys or no cargo aircraft will accomodate you. Time to go healthy!salad.gif

Since all the WOAI packages are listed under FS2004 but work in FSX as well, and since the hot downloads page consists of mainly AI packages, it would seem to me that the suggestion that more development is taking place for FS9 than FSX is flawed, but of course that's just my opinion... :)Jim
Many "so called" FSX addons, are infact FS9 files that also happens to work in FSX. Still today, not many FSX native files are infact presented in the library compared to FS9 native files. :( Edited by Staffan

Staffan

smiley-face-popcorn.gifI had to test this out...This is one icon that's going to get allot of use. Edited by Dillon

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

A vaguely serious question... I had FS9 when it came out and gave it to the old man when I moved to FSX on something that could more or less run it. Is FS9 still maybe going to be found in bargin bins? Mainly, I want to stooge around in a lot of the work already out there with the settings maxed - old propliners and what not. I see a lot of FSX payware out there and really doubt it's up to much. The well made stuff is really good... but there is a lot of mediocre to average that just doesn't seem worth it.Also, I've quite like to play around with repaints, just to have a go. Might lead to something more inventive if I get my head around it. Seems all too complex in little brother, and likely to be impossible in the yet to be released cousin.Mike

FS2004 is still available at places like Amazon, AFAIK. But a quick search there for FS2004 only turns up 8 new copies left, so you better hurry. :)And us propliner folks are still going strong in FS9. :)

You can also try eBay and Craigslist for copies of FS 9... I found two of them on CL (1 of them had the tin) and paid $15.00 for both, and in great condition!Looks like the FS 9 supply fizzled out at the Office Stores (Office Depot, OfficeMax, Staples) but they still have a few copies of FS 2002!!Slightly off topic, but has anyone tried the "Howard's Mix" enhancement package for FS 9? Curious if it really makes a difference...Alan :(

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg