Sign in to follow this  
bradrcfii

G500 Display is poor

My G500 display includes horizontal bands of color rather than solid colors. It looks quite bad and I am wondering if there is a remedy.Thanks,

Try adjusting the display brightness - it can make quite a difference.But some color banding is normal I believe.. this is what mine looks like at 70% brightness:

Bert

This is, I believe, an issue noticeable with many tft monitors...Graduated colours often show banding on tft's and it is something I have seen on my two monitors on many of the G1000 type displays...Andrew

A TFT is a thin film transistor... you can call a monitor using TFT a flat screen if you like...Andrew

I believe that FSX simply reduces the XML gauge displays to 256 bit color, and that thereis not much you can do to prevent that, other than writing the gauge in C++.

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

I adjusted my G500 to 50% brightness and I was amazed how much topographic detail came out.
HI Lifeguard911, I would like to know how you have adjusted your G500 Brightness. I need to do the same. Thanks !!

Check out this post by Bert... explains what is needed to alter settings...http://forum.avsim.net/topic/359655-g500-brightness-setting/page__p__2251966__hl__g500__fromsearch__1#entry2251966Andrew

It took me a while to figure it out too. Pity Careando couldn't have found a better method. But yes it can be changed from the G500 menu's. But then it reverts right back to 100% next time you fly.Bert's gauge mod is an option, but hopefully Carenado will correct the issue in a future update.

How do you change it from the G500's menus? I saw no way to highlight the field and change it in aircraft...Got a step by step for me please? :Peace:Andrew

See other topic you also posted. Will make you a step by step guide in alittle while. unless someone else will be able to do it within next hour

See other topic you also posted. Will make you a step by step guide in alittle while. unless someone else will be able to do it within next hour
Cheers! Thank you ever so much for putting those up. I would never have known about that clickspot otherwise...