Sign in to follow this  
edetroit

Pretty easy to guess the airport

Sweet SWA video..need to work on your southern US accent lol

Gary Hayes

My Youtube

No i'm not a "real" pilot, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Thanks Ed for the beautiful video too. Enjoyed it very much.Btw. you SO greased that landing...

Nice video! I love the part where your landing and the Southwest AI plane is taking off.

Thankyou for your kind comments guys. Making videos is quite difficult because something is always wrong.I re-wrote my ADI code so the flight director assumes the correct position at 60knots for takeoff.....but forgot to update the F.O's ADI. DOH!The vertical speed indicator is reading in meter's per minute! (because I ripped it straight out of my SAT Airlines 732 panel and forgot to change it)Still the flight went well and was very enjoyable....well apart from I nearly fell asleep on the approach....how long is the approach!!!!!The IAF for Rwy 25L (PRINO) is 21nm from the airport!!! and one can capture the glideslope at 8000ft (airport elevation is 2069ft)Pretty sure the full approach is not flown IRL.

One thing I always wanted to ask : How do you create that camera shake effect in the 2D panel view ?Or is it video editing software magic ?Thanks
It is video editing software magic... by NewBlueFX. I do not miss the camera shake when I am flying because I am not shaking as well...I like to operate my cockpit smoothly. When I point my mouse at a clickspot I want it to be there....however I do like the effect for playback as it adds a lot of realism IMO.
Sweet SWA video..need to work on your southern US accent lol
I love accents Gary ....but somehow when the mic is on I sound like an idiot....so I gave that up.
I love the part where your landing and the Southwest AI plane is taking off.
Yes that was a lucky catch...I love that as well.

Just watched your video.... great as always!I love your simple and humble videos.... no hollywood effects and no loud music, just a calm flight.

Edited by bar_rodoy

Just watched your video.... great as always!I love your simple and humble videos.... no hollywood effects and no loud music, just a calm flight.
Thankyou very much..... I wonder what should be my 200th video. :(

I wonder what should be my 200th video.
I think it should be about an iFly 737-800 you've applied AA photo textures to (like you hinted on the last AA post that had to be locked). :Hypnotized:Awesome KLAX/KLAS video...that is one of my favorite quick flights!Regards,Steve Dra

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Thankyou very much..... I wonder what should be my 200th video.
I would like to see you in the middle east. Come visit Tel Aviv. There is a great scenery by Fsaddon :rolleyes:Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

I think it should be about an iFly 737-800 you've applied AA photo textures to (like you hinted on the last AA post that had to be locked). :Hypnotized:Awesome KLAX/KLAS video...that is one of my favorite quick flights!Regards,Steve Dra
LAX/LAS sure is a top quick flight! ....I will do an IFly AAL paint in time but I have too many projects on the go to make the 200 vid. :(
I would like to see you in the middle east. Come visit Tel Aviv. There is a great scenery by Fsaddon :(
I will come and visit Tel Aviv ....probably sooner rather than later. :biggrin:I have no idea what my 200th vid will be. I am thinking of my favourite aircraft. :( Edited by edetroit

.I will do an IFly AAL paint in time but I have too many projects on the go to make the 200 vid.
Hmm....haven't painted an iFly bird yet....maybe we could collaborate again on another AA project. :( Cant remember if you ever did an AA 737 on any other model before...I know you did the 767 and MD80. If you did and wanted to port those textures over to the iFly 737, I might be able to help with that. :wink:Love your videos, cant imagine how much time you put into making them!Regards,Steve Dra

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

If your going to fly to Vegas in FS9 everyone should have this scenery of the Vegas strip. It really helps make things look a bit more real when at KLAS.http://fsx.o.oo7.jp/ (click on FS2004 or FSX and scroll down to the Las Vegas scenery)
that link does not work.Aharon

signCopy.jpg

:( Wow Ed, another great video! I love watching these. I am curious, though, if you could point me in the direction of the 50North Winglet Mod? I see you credited Tmoos for it in the video. I have been wanting winglets on my 50North bird for years! Brad

Now I am really annoyed!..... after making and watching my video goodness knows how many times over I have realised the forward left view has the wrong ADI!!!!.....yet another mistake. :( ....but that is what videos are good for. :(

Hmm....haven't painted an iFly bird yet....maybe we could collaborate again on another AA project.Cant remember if you ever did an AA 737 on any other model before...I know you did the 767 and MD80. If you did and wanted to port those textures over to the iFly 737, I might be able to help with that.Love your videos, cant imagine how much time you put into making them!Regards,Steve Dra
Hello Steve, I did make an AAL paint for the POSKY 737NG. http://www.projectop...ds&showfile=190I also found my AAL MD-82 paint you were looking for here at avsim. aalmd82.zip
that link does not work.Aharon
Works for me.
Wow Ed, another great video! I love watching these. I am curious, though, if you could point me in the direction of the 50North Winglet Mod? I see you credited Tmoos for it in the video. I have been wanting winglets on my 50North bird for years!Brad
There was a post about it in the FS9 discussion forum. I would pm the relevant person.....otherwise an indepth google might reveal this elusive model. Edited by edetroit

Hey Ed, just watched your vid, nicely done. Nice Landing. Wish I could do that all the time. ;-)Of course, after flying for 5 legs like today, the finesse part gets a little weaker as the day goes on.FYI, for the most part coming in from LAX, typically ATC will seq. us in behind traffic inbound over PRINO. Yes, we use PRINO on East/South arrivals. Usually, ATC clears to maintain 8,000 till PRINO, then cleared visual and or ILS.Coming from LAX, typically we'll turn in behind that traffic around the Stadium area; approx 9mi final. Usually by that time; ATC will have us slowed to 170kts, we'll maintain that till approx 7mi final.If you want to have some more fun, you could fly the sequence I finished my 4 day trip with today.3389- FLL-TPA3389- TPA-BHM60 BHM-MSY60 MSY-HOU60 HOU-DALDon't forget to throw in the 123 kt winds from the west.....uggh thought we'd never get to Houston. :-)Here's another fun one. Set your viz around 3miles. Set your winds comming from the SW around 18-20 kts till 1000 ft; then shift them to the SE. Add some gust for an extra added treat. :-)Now fly the ILS to 31C at MDW, OH yeah. Set your clouds at circling minimums. Then circle to land on 13C from that ILS. Rain or Snow will make it even more interesting.At least, you do have an ILS as backup. Oneother little small point, you have to stay within 3miles, so you can still see the runway, also not to encroach on ORD airspace.Since, you will be flying a right circling pattern, the runway will be on the F/O's side. Have Fun, watch those winds.Have FunBest,David