Sign in to follow this  
newthog

DLC

The major point I keep coming back to in my rambling thinking is that Microsoft is NOT doing this for fun, to put all third party developers out of work, or because they have a vendetta against the flght sim community. They want to make money - and a product that is not well received, enjoyable, and supported will NOT make money. So (I would think) they want to appeal both to the current enthusiasts - who have shown by voting with their wallets the appeal of good download content - and bring new enthusiasts into the fold by making it easier to get started.
I think that is a very good point and will be what will make FLIGHT good.I am mainly a GA flyer who enjoys exploring small areas with varied topography. For longer flights between A and B I usually choose a turbo prop.There are huge tracts of the world which are pretty uninteresting to fly over – mostly flat, featureless plains. However, there are also areas of great beauty with rivers and mountains etc. Because they cover the whole world the default FS9 and FSX have to represent all types of topography with the same low level of detail. Also, only a few of the world’s famous landmarks are represented.I think that FLIGHT may provide the opportunity for the more interesting parts of the world to be represented in much higher detail. Whereas the featureless tracts may be rendered in low detail suitable for flying over at high altitude.I would like more ground activity to be included at airports to add to the realism. Vehicles, people etc. Airports tend to be really busy places but are often totally empty places in the default FS9, FSX.

Can you point me to where MS has said this?
I can, but you will need to be in the beta to read it !!Fred. Edited by RYR738

I feel like flight is the son of the world economic crisis: a quick and "dirty" trick to cash some money. I don't see anything new or revolutionary coming.there are indeed opportunities for this game but unless a radical shift happens it will never replace the previous line of ms flighsim products, so like it or not FSX was the last of its breed.

I don't see anything new or revolutionary coming.
Are you a beta tester? Edited by sibtiger

The major point I keep coming back to in my rambling thinking is that Microsoft is NOT doing this for fun, to put all third party developers out of work, or because they have a vendetta against the flght sim community. They want to make money - and a product that is not well received, enjoyable, and supported will NOT make money. So (I would think) they want to appeal both to the current enthusiasts - who have shown by voting with their wallets the appeal of good download content - and bring new enthusiasts into the fold by making it easier to get started.
I think that it would take really lot of work to do models that are anything near PMDG quality, years of developing and such.I believe that Flight will be made for mainstream, not for realism seeking enthusiasts. Its so much easier to just forget small realism seeking community and make simplified DLC planes for mainstream that is target of Flight. Probably they would appeal to both if it was that easy, but its not. Making very realistic addons is not thing you can do very quickly and it would take loads of time that could be used to make more simple addons for mainstream.

Yes, for some DLC there will be basic and deluxe versions
Basic = Copper coinsDeluxe = Gold coins :(

Come on guys.This topic invites us to speculate on what we would like FLIGHT to be. FLIGHT purports to be a new approach to the whole subject of flightsimming. It is an open book requring your input as to what you want the DLC to provide. It is down to you and how much you are prepared to spend.It is not an invitation to be negative.

This topic invites us to speculate on what we would like FLIGHT to be. FLIGHT purports to be a new approach to the whole subject of flightsimming. It is an open book requring your input as to what you want the DLC to provide. It is down to you and how much you are prepared to spend.It is not an invitation to be negative.
Thanks Trevor - definitely agree with you as to "open book requiring your input". Not sure where the negativity is coming from - MSFlight is, in its basic form, being provided at no cost to us to try out. And we have the ability to shape it through our purchasing decisions as to DLC. It seems (because I have no idea as to what the actual product will be) to be "scaleable" to both the neophyte and the experienced simmer.I, for one, would LOVE to have NZ as a DLC area! We did a fuel stop there when going from Hawaii to Australia - from the 3 hours I spent at the airport, and of course the approach/departure, it looks like a beautiful area! Would love to virtually fire up the Maule and do a little sightseeing...Thanks again to all of you for your feedback - while I may not agree with some of your views, I appreciate them! Edited by newthog

It is an open book requring your input as to what you want the DLC to provide

It will be nice IF that is true. My feelings are they have already made that determination.

It will be nice IF that is true. My feelings are they have already made that determination.0
I would guess that the initial determination has been made, so the online store would have product from day 1. However, the type of DLC that we purchase should guide them as to where they focus further development. Again, just a guess on my part...but if Microsoft wants a long term sustainable business model, it profits them to sell what is being bought!

but you will need to be in the beta to read it !!
I am, and have never read such crap.

I am, and have never read such crap.
Then you should probably go back to the Microsoft Flight Beta Discussions, and do a search for deluxe aircraft.

~ Arwen ~

Home Airfield: KHIE

Without FSUIPC for Flight (assuming it is not compatable), then what worthwhile addon's can be made?

Then you should probably go back to the Microsoft Flight Beta Discussions, and do a search for deluxe aircraft.
I did and none of them are from MS, and none speak upon the same of ANYTHING being released in two different flavors.Show us here:http://www.microsoft.com/games/flight/

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.