Sign in to follow this  
newthog

DLC

This is just tooooo freeeeeking funny, I'm reading these post and I'm laughing my head off.......(Arwen, I fell your pain girl....by the way, welcome back and keep posting here...)No matter what, you guys will never learn.......what was I telling you about Flight before the big announcement...was I right or was I right....I told you some more stuff I knew after the big announcemet and it flew right over your head, so because I'm not a beta tester I'm bul$hitting you..... AGAIN???..(human nature I guess) .......this will be the last time I'll try...HAWAII IS THE STARTING POINT, add more area and you will need a more powerful PC....do you really think you will need the kind of spec. MS posted on their site for a coin game ---> CPU: Intel® Core™ i7 960 @ 3.20GHz, AMD® Phenom™ II X6 1100T 3.3 GHz or better,GPU: ATI Radeon™ HD 5870, NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 560 or better,OS: Windows 7 64-bit , RAM: 6GB ....REALLY???....for a coin game??? .....I said (long time ago) pay as you go, locked but not deleted, 3rd party developers were working with MS (or in bed with MS as I said before).....for what ....a coin game..SERIOUSLY......HELLO...beta tester do not have the whole package...Have I said BETA????I'll keep reading your post guys.....it's good to laugh.
I don't see how anyone can take you seriously with posts like this.

Dillon, what are you smooking???Can i have some too??Go back and read my old post again....(do a search)....no problems, I'll be back later this year....will you??

I don't see how anyone can take you seriously with posts like this.
I dont think anyone does ....

Wrong again.
So your saying is the output level and quality of add-ons we see for FSX (let alone FS9) by developers from around the world will be matched by Microsoft alone for Flight in the coming years? :( :( Edited by Dillon

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

So your saying is the output level and quality of add-ons we see for FSX (let alone FS9) by developers from around the world will be matched by Microsoft alone for Flight in the coming years? :( :(
I was refering to the Flight dev team, there are a lot of people working on it.But to answer you question:One reason why MS never matched the quality of of 3PD add-ons is because MS always released a complete package with a everything basic in it. They never went on and sell additional scenery or planes after the initial release (with a few exceptions in those early days). Did any 3PD ever delivered such a gigantic package once every two years? With DLC, MS will have to deliver better content than what we have in default FSX to stay in business.By the way, there is no official word out there that says MS won't be contracting or is having 3PD working for them. Edited by sibtiger

I was refering to the Flight dev team, there are a lot of people working on it.But to answer you question:One reason why MS never matched the quality of of 3PD add-ons is because MS always released a complete package with a everything basic in it. They never went on and sell additional scenery or planes after the initial release (with a few exceptions in those early days). Did any 3PD ever delivered such a gigantic package once every two years? With DLC, MS will have to deliver better content than what we have in default FSX to stay in business.
If flight is mostly targeted for arcade audience they just need to add a bit more eye candy on FSX default planes and they will sell well. Who honestly believes that MS wants to do years of development to create PMDG quality planes that only few people will fly after all?

For airliners they'll have to introduce at least some larger areas. The longest distance between intl's on hawaii i think is honolulu intl to kona intl which is about 140 nm... Thats a bit short to reach the usual cruise altitudes ( unless using standard ms aircraft with rocket-engine climc rates maybe). And it would quickly get boring just flying between very few large airports on hawaii. Ms releases some addons to fs95 or 98 back then. At least back then they went for popular and excotic locations for the addons, california and carrebian and such, suitable for borh shorter ga and longer airliner flights. Also the most detailed airports in fsx like jfk, lax, sfo and heathrow and narita are popular locations so thinking commercially those popular places might be offered first, remote areas could fare badly. Areas with less than 200 nm between airports arent too good for airliners. But an area of 1000 nm should be good enough for all but very hardcore captains as flights of 3+ hours realtime are possible.-

If flight is mostly targeted for arcade audience they just need to add a bit more eye candy on FSX default planes and they will sell well. Who honestly believes that MS wants to do years of development to create PMDG quality planes that only few people will fly after all?
Flight is not targeted for arcade audience. Edited by sibtiger

Flight is not targeted for arcade audience.
Yes it is. If its not then why you can fly with carplane and collect coins around Hawaii?

Yes it is. If its not then why you can fly with carplane and collect coins around Hawaii?
guess sibtiger hasnt seen any of the sneak previews of the game ....

At the risk of starting another string of "Microsoft hates us" posts, what sort of downloadable content are YOU interested in
This thread seems to have gone way off course.How about some answers to the original posters question?

For airliners they'll have to introduce at least some larger areas. The longest distance between intl's on hawaii i think is honolulu intl to kona intl which is about 140 nm... Thats a bit short to reach the usual cruise altitudes ( unless using standard ms aircraft with rocket-engine climc rates maybe). And it would quickly get boring just flying between very few large airports on hawaii. Ms releases some addons to fs95 or 98 back then. At least back then they went for popular and excotic locations for the addons, california and carrebian and such, suitable for borh shorter ga and longer airliner flights. Also the most detailed airports in fsx like jfk, lax, sfo and heathrow and narita are popular locations so thinking commercially those popular places might be offered first, remote areas could fare badly. Areas with less than 200 nm between airports arent too good for airliners. But an area of 1000 nm should be good enough for all but very hardcore captains as flights of 3+ hours realtime are possible.
Once you purchase the rest of Hawaii, you'll be able to fly between Hilo International Airport (ITO) and Lihue (LIH), on Kauai, which (according to Google Earth) is a 275 nautical mile flight. It may not be a 1000 mile flight, but it is a beginning. Edited by Arwen

~ Arwen ~

Home Airfield: KHIE

Last I checked simmers weren't relevant anymore...
If that's what you really think, why come on here and repeatedly moan on and on?Is it some weird form of flagellation? I mean really!!!

Once you purchase the rest of Hawaii, you'll be able to fly between Hilo International Airport (ITO) and Lihue (LIH), on Kauai, which (according to Google Earth) is a 275 nautical mile flight. It may not be a 1000 mile flight, but it is a beginning.
glad you are back, arwen. I am still one of those hopelessly positive about flight and thus I like your comments. yes, I see also the dark side but unless I know where the flight ultimately goes I will stick to the half full attitude rather than the never this and never that guys. remember james bond, never say never ;-)

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.