Sign in to follow this  
newthog

DLC

Hi Arwen,Good to see you back writing on here. I found it deeply disturbing that others essentially drove you and other new people away with their barely concealed insults and elevated self impressions of themselves. Please stay around no matter who says what and how. We need to throw the windows open and get some fresh air in here! :smile:Kind regards,
Thanks Stephen. :)I needed to take a break from this place for a while. And it appears that this forum has calmed down a bit, with a little more optimism (and a little less negativity).Edited: Thank you Newthog, as well (I was replying to Stephen at they same time as you were). Edited by Arwen

~ Arwen ~

Home Airfield: KHIE

I still think that you are NOT a beta tester. I have not seen you there.
Would you like to see my beta key?So what?

Would you like to see my beta key?So what?
Just your user name will do Jim !Fred.

User Name at the Connect site: JSkorna with no posts or any comments made.

Why not participate ?No posts will not help the beta in anyway !I would imagine a guy with your experience should have a lot to say/contribute.Fred.

Edited by RYR738

Hi,Is the NDA finished for those taking part in Flight Beta?If not it's really pathetic people posting info here that are involved in the beta.

".....Last time I checked it is definitely not for gamers, even most of your opposing forces agreed that no gamer would want to play such "game".
Pilot wings was a fairly popular game .. not sure why you are saying this ....

Pilot wings was a fairly popular game .. not sure why you are saying this ....
Because Flight and Pilot Wings are on totally different grounds. First, Flight is not going to be available on consoles. Second, did Pilot Wings ever had a working cockpit, weather, realistic controller support, realistic flight physics, realistic portrayal of the environment, etc? Edited by sibtiger

Just a thought.If commercial jetliners will be introduced into FLIGHT at some stage (as has been speculated), I find it hard to imagine how this could be achieved without making it a whole world sim at the same time. I mean, how many individual areas of the world will you have to purchase as DLC to fly, for instance, between Honolulu and Paris? It seems like the whole thing could become very complicated. Perhaps we should not yet rule out FLIGHT being a GA only game.

Hi,Is the NDA finished for those taking part in Flight Beta?If not it's really pathetic people posting info here that are involved in the beta.
What info? Have you actually read the thread completely? The NDA only prohibits disclosure of what is IN the beta, not a discussion of what's NOT in the beta... :(

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Don't worry, the pseudo forum police are on the case.

Just a thought.If commercial jetliners will be introduced into FLIGHT at some stage (as has been speculated), I find it hard to imagine how this could be achieved without making it a whole world sim at the same time. I mean, how many individual areas of the world will you have to purchase as DLC to fly, for instance, between Honolulu and Paris? It seems like the whole thing could become very complicated. Perhaps we should not yet rule out FLIGHT being a GA only game.
The world could be Hawaii and the rest ocean and the continents at some level of detail. There is no reason to think that you could not buy Paris and some area around it as a high-detail DLC and fly over ocean and some low-detail ground to make the trip.

Hmmm – I guess that could work. The whole world is there from day one but in low detail. And you only get to see it if you are flying a long distance type aircraft with sufficient fuel.In that case, I think I might be tempted to press fast forward.

This is just tooooo freeeeeking funny, I'm reading these post and I'm laughing my head off.......(Arwen, I fell your pain girl....by the way, welcome back and keep posting here...)No matter what, you guys will never learn.......what was I telling you about Flight before the big announcement...was I right or was I right....I told you some more stuff I knew after the big announcemet and it flew right over your head, so because I'm not a beta tester I'm bul$hitting you..... AGAIN???..(human nature I guess) .......this will be the last time I'll try...HAWAII IS THE STARTING POINT, add more area and you will need a more powerful PC....do you really think you will need the kind of spec. MS posted on their site for a coin game ---> CPU: Intel® Core™ i7 960 @ 3.20GHz, AMD® Phenom™ II X6 1100T 3.3 GHz or better,GPU: ATI Radeon™ HD 5870, NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 560 or better,OS: Windows 7 64-bit , RAM: 6GB ....REALLY???....for a coin game??? .....I said (long time ago) pay as you go, locked but not deleted, 3rd party developers were working with MS (or in bed with MS as I said before).....for what ....a coin game..SERIOUSLY......HELLO...beta tester do not have the whole package...Have I said BETA????I'll keep reading your post guys.....it's good to laugh.

Edited by alainneedle1

This is just tooooo freeeeeking funny, I'm reading these post and I'm laughing my head off.......(Arwen, I fell your pain girl....by the way, welcome back and keep posting here...)No matter what, you guys will never learn.......what was I telling you about Flight before the big announcement...was I right or was I right....I told you some more stuff I knew after the big announcemet and it flew right over your head, so because I'm not a beta tester I'm bul$hitting you..... AGAIN???..(human nature I guess) .......this will be the last time I'll try...HAWAII IS THE STARTING POINT, add more area and you will need a more powerful PC....do you really think you will need the kind of spec. MS posted on their site for a coin game ---> CPU: Intel® Core™ i7 960 @ 3.20GHz, AMD® Phenom™ II X6 1100T 3.3 GHz or better,GPU: ATI Radeon™ HD 5870, NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 560 or better,OS: Windows 7 64-bit , RAM: 6GB ....REALLY???....for a coin game??? .....I said (long time ago) pay as you go, locked but not deleted, 3rd party developers were working with MS (or in bed with MS as I said before).....for what ....a coin game..SERIOUSLY......HELLO...beta tester do not have the whole package...Have I said BETA????I'll keep reading your post guys.....it's good to laugh.
I'm laughing at you as well. Your posts last year about Flight was totally wrong. For a second after the announcement in January you acknowledged that you were wrong in not only your oppinion but how you talked to people. Now your back on that, "you were right" bandwagon. You were adamant about the fact Flight couldn't be Hawaii only and now your operating off of promises of what Microsoft 'may' do in the future. Microsoft goes back and forth on their word and without a beefy team dedicated to Flight it can't grow like FSX or FS9 has in the past and being a closed platform it's insane to think anything will become of it with Microsoft add-ons alone. They can promise all they want about how they'll add this and that but until we actually see it it's fantasy. Another thing is default Microsoft work has never been good anyway, it's the community that's taken Flight Simulator to a higher level visually and technically. Your never going to see an add-on released from Microsoft for Flight on the level of Carenado's work for GA aircraft, PMDG for Airliners, or FSDT level Scenery. What I find funny is you think so... :LMAO:It truly is good to laugh... :( Edited by Dillon

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.