Sign in to follow this  
newthog

DLC

Jim, you wrote that you were in the Beta. If so, follow the advice in my previous post. And look a little harder.

Edited by Arwen

~ Arwen ~

Home Airfield: KHIE

Thank-you. People just reading way too much into things from non-MS folks.

Thank-you. People just reading way too much into things from non-MS folks.
I'm referring to the facts, which are available to Beta Testers. A member of the MS Flight Team should be a pretty reliable source. Read what he posted about this. Edited by Arwen

~ Arwen ~

Home Airfield: KHIE

Have to agree with Arwen here. It was stated by a member of the Flight team.

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

Hi Arwen,Good to see you back writing on here. I found it deeply disturbing that others essentially drove you and other new people away with their barely concealed insults and elevated self impressions of themselves. Please stay around no matter who says what and how. We need to throw the windows open and get some fresh air in here! :( Kind regards,

Then you should probably go back to the Microsoft Flight Beta Discussions, and do a search for deluxe aircraft.
That discussion group is all hear say, I wants and I thinks. Redundant scribes of redundantcy. Deluxe aircraft MAY mean including a cockpit? Edited by Barnstormer1

Come on guys.This topic invites us to speculate on what we would like FLIGHT to be. FLIGHT purports to be a new approach to the whole subject of flightsimming. It is an open book requring your input as to what you want the DLC to provide. It is down to you and how much you are prepared to spend.It is not an invitation to be negative.
That's funny I thought Flight was a new approach to attracting gamers... :huh:Last I checked simmers weren't relevant anymore... Edited by Dillon

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Without FSUIPC for Flight (assuming it is not compatable), then what worthwhile addon's can be made?
How many addons you bought so far for FSX requires FSUIPC? Not all of them. No scenery requires it, none of the Carenado aircrafts requires it.
That's funny I thought Flight was a new approach to attracting gamers... :huh:Last I checked simmers weren't relevant anymore...
Last time I checked it is definitely not for gamers, even most of your opposing forces agreed that no gamer would want to play such "game". Edited by sibtiger

Last time I checked it is definitely not for gamers, even most of your opposing forces agreed that no gamer would want to play such "game".
We'll that's who their (Microsoft) targeting it to. So we either are going to have a big failure or Flight will have to change course and go in the direction of FS9 and FSX.It funny how many around here now have resorted to flat out denial of what Flight actually is even though the official word from Microsoft offered earlier in January spelled it out... :( Edited by Dillon

FS2020 

It funny how many around hear now have resorted to flat out denial of what Flight actually is even though the official word from Microsoft offered earlier in January spelled it out...
What did they spell out? Below is a quote from their Jan 4 press release, anything on there says they are targeting casual gamers? I see a lot of piloting stuffs ranging from beginners to advanced.Also, are you on the beta testing team? If not, then you probably haven't seem what is beyond the candy-coated videos posted out there."In Microsoft Flight, players view the world from above in a visually stunning and realistic representation of the earth, complete with region-specific weather patterns, foliage, terrain and landmarks. Players can choose to take the helm using highly rendered, accurate cockpits and authentic piloting procedures, or simply use their mouse and keyboard to control the plane in an exterior view. More experienced players can tailor the flight controls to match their skill level, making Microsoft Flight easy for beginners while still challenging for the most accomplished PC pilots."

What did they spell out? Below is a quote from their Jan 4 press release, anything on there says they are targeting casual gamers? I see a lot of piloting stuffs ranging from beginners to advanced.Also, are you on the beta testing team? If not, then you probably haven't seem what is beyond the candy-coated videos posted out there."In Microsoft Flight, players view the world from above in a visually stunning and realistic representation of the earth, complete with region-specific weather patterns, foliage, terrain and landmarks. Players can choose to take the helm using highly rendered, accurate cockpits and authentic piloting procedures, or simply use their mouse and keyboard to control the plane in an exterior view. More experienced players can tailor the flight controls to match their skill level, making Microsoft Flight easy for beginners while still challenging for the most accomplished PC pilots."
Your right, Flight will be the next best choice for simmers and/or aviation enthusiast in the future. One island at first but a year from now the whole world will be covered, with ATC (covering real world SID/STARS), every major airport in the real world will be offered from Microsoft in great detail or at least what's offered in FSX/FS9 by default, most modern era jets like the 777 and 787 with real world liveries will be offered in MS's DLC, every major Airline will be available with realistic traffic throughout the whole world, and the quality will be on the level of what we're seeing from our add-on developers today. In a couple of years Flight will surprise us all as Microsoft themselves will provide the Flight world with a wealth of add-ons rivaling what we have for FSX and FS9 today. As far as I'm concerned all add-on venders should be on notice as Flight will take over and revolutionize the way business is done in the Flight community. Any modifications needed to the base sim will have to go through Microsoft and will get processed in short order.Looks like the old Aces building will need to be brought back online and added to. Many new hires will have to be made available to keep up with demand seeing they will be the sole source of add-ons for this community in the FLIGHT environment. I wonder how big the Flight development team will have to be to replace Aerosoft, Flight1, Simmarket, and all the freeware and payware developers out there. Nevertheless this is the hope of many 'FLIGHT' enthusiast now. Somehow Microsoft, their DLC, closed platform will replace all the venders out there in the FS community spread throughout the world and do it all at Redmond. Anyone skeptical of this get's shouted down now.So as others have said we'll see. I expect the Flight development team to grow substantially in the next few months to give us the simulation options out of the DLC that would rival all the options we get from FSX/FS9 and this community.I don't know why this all sounds impossible and crazy to me but many in here are bought and sold on the idea and believe it can happen... :( Edited by Dillon

FS2020 

So as others have said we'll see. I expect the Flight development team to grow substantially in the next few months to give us the simulation options out of the DLC that would rival all the options we get from FSX/FS9 and this community.
You are being overly sarcastic and you are distorting reality. If read posts from Flight-optimists, you will see none of them claiming that Flight will replace what we have for FS9/FSX in the near future, at least not within a year or so. How long did it take FSX to replace FS9, so far not yet! What we have now for FSX/FS9 took 3PD years to build. Look how long it took PMDG to release their NGX. Look how long it took some 3PD just to even start to develop for FSX when the SDK was plainly available.So, as of today, do we have every major airports on the planet for FSX/FS9 in all their majestic beauty and details? Do we even have a highly detailed 777 and 787?You even contradicted yourself when you said""In a couple of years Flight will surprise us all as Microsoft themselves will provide the Flight world with a wealth of add-ons rivaling what we have for FSX and FS9 today." vs "So as others have said we'll see. I expect the Flight development team to grow substantially in the next few months to give us the simulation options out of the DLC that would rival all the options we get from FSX/FS9 and this community. " Edited by sibtiger

I am, and have never read such crap.
I did and none of them are from MS, and none speak upon the same of ANYTHING being released in two different flavors
You must need glasses Jim. The Devs have mentioned about standard and deluxe versions more than once.My planes so far are the deluxe models but the P51 Mustang is not. It has no cockpit !!!I still think that you are NOT a beta tester. I have not seen you there.Fred. Edited by RYR738

Hi Arwen,Good to see you back writing on here. I found it deeply disturbing that others essentially drove you and other new people away with their barely concealed insults and elevated self impressions of themselves. Please stay around no matter who says what and how. We need to throw the windows open and get some fresh air in here! :smile:Kind regards,
Spirit beat me to it Arwen - welcome back! And, I might add, Spirit I've missed your comments the past few days also.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.