Sign in to follow this  
Daniel choen

how many of you been into 737 simulator

Hey, my question is simplehow many of you been into a 737 simulator, a professional one, not a home made, and could take off/ land correctly and well?i have seen a lot of simulator like that, and been into a real 737NG cockpit, and really wonder if i can land this thing(:

I haven't. :(I doubt there are any 737 simulators or any simulators at all in the Montreal, Quebec area.Unless Air Canada or WestJet has some. I'm not sure where they train their pilots.

You should keep in mind that while the sim does a good job of emulating the real thing within the normal flight envelope it is still just a sim. Landing the real thing is a whole different ball game.Regarding flying a LVL-D sim, the main thing that catches people out is operating the flap lever,parking brake, and staring at the PFD instead of looking out of the window and flying.

Rob Prest

I believe:- if you know the systems well- if you can land the aircraft in the motion sim without any toruble- if you operate the real yoke at home (no desktop version but a real column yoke)Then you could land a real aircraft as well.But no, I've never been in the sim apart at my home.But if God loves me and lets me win our contest in our company, I might soon find myself here: http://www.fly737.com/flightdeck/It's no full motion sim. But should be real enough for starters. FS2004 and VATSIM based.

I've been in a FMS twice myself and without much real world flying experience it wasn't that straightforward... It was rather like an impact than a landing however the instructor thought it otherwise (maybe the price I've paid had a slight influence on that :) ). Strangely enough the one I made with a single engine was much smoother. God knows why...

I also give a thumbs up to both questions. Yes & Yes...I've got a little over 10 hours in the 737NG-700 full motion sim. and mostly fly it manually. That included an engine-out takeoff and landing with a 900 ft ceiling.. without the use of the autopilot. So, it can be done. Will have another 2 to 3 hours scheduled this summer. :( Can't wait.jen noulet

Yes and yes, level-D sims on two different occasions.

Jim Blake
Captain, SWA Virtual Airlines
Real World C172 Pilot, AOPA #06034701
 sig_concordeX.jpg  Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I haven't. :sad:I doubt there are any 737 simulators or any simulators at all in the Montreal, Quebec area.Unless Air Canada or WestJet has some. I'm not sure where they train their pilots.
You are joking !That's the home of CAE, the biggest maker of Level-d sims in the world.I'm an ongoing beta tester for their Tropos 6000 software.http://www2.icao.int...al%20System.pdfhttp://www.cae.com/e...tropos.6000.pdfhttp://www.cae.com/en/ Fred. Edited by RYR738

I booked an one hour flight at Lufthansa Simulator Facility at Franfurt airport in an 747/400 full motion simulator some years ago for 300 Euros and I was able to land it manually. It was an expensive experience but it was totally worth it. Graphics in the simulator were poor, but the motion blows you away. When you manually brake you can literally stand on the brakes because it upheaves you from your seat.

Edited by member111333

Yes, in Melbourne on a 737-800 with two take offs and landing under various conditions at YMML. As a previous poster said the scenery was awful but the experience was anything but. I did however find that I seemed to be sitting at a slight angle away from direct forward which took some getting used to. The other thing to note is that when the mains touch on landing you have the sensation that you are still a long way up in the air something you don't get on a PC. A worthwhile investment and if they film the flight and offer you a DVD, take it even if it adds a few extra dollars to the overall cost. Highly recommended.Gerry

I am lucky enough to be a 737-800 flight demonstrator in addition to my main job: to develop simulated avionic displays.As some says here, the display is really poor, but the one I fly is an old one so ... it's better on recent ones. However you forget this quickly once you have the real Boeing stuff in your handsThe plane behave in a quite different manner than in FS. If you are trained in FS you can land it without trouble but it's gonna be brutal. It's heavy, spoilers are efficients, changing trust has a real momentum effect, and extending flaps will lead you out of your descent path.That's what it felt the first time I flown the sim. Do 3 - 5 touch and go and you're fine.By the way, I also made some demonstration in the A330 FFS: any monkey can land it without having any flying knowledege. I put a collegue inside, told him: target 700ft/min, and ... he did it. I then put him into the 737 and ... that was brutal.

I doubt there are any 737 simulators or any simulators at all in the Montreal, Quebec area
This means you never heard about CAE / Mechtronix ?. Edited by Zangdaarr

Ilie Tremblay.

You are joking !That's the home of CAE, the biggest maker of Level-d sims in the world.I'm an ongoing beta tester for their Tropos 6000 software.http://www2.icao.int...al%20System.pdfhttp://www.cae.com/e...tropos.6000.pdfhttp://www.cae.com/en/Fred.
So is it possible to book some motion sim time there? YOu have my total attention :(

You can not buy sim time at CAE as you are not a professionnal training cie. You still can try to call them and ask anyway.However, CAE often offer sim ride as auctions for social associations. I recently made a demonstration for a Centraide winner, and another one for a Dr.Clown fondation winner.I made my first ride as a Centraide auction winner too.So .... look for it ... it usually cost 500$ to win. Maybe I'll be your demonstrator !

Edited by Zangdaarr

Ilie Tremblay.