Sign in to follow this  
spilok

If you like Aerofly FS, you'll LOVE FLIGHT!

I think that most of positive comments are just as much based on nothing as negative ones. Anyway its extremely unlikely that Flight will be new FSX, as developers themselves have said that they will just model smaller areas and do them in high quality instead of making whole world with + 20 000 airports.

You are "nickel and dimed" with MS current versions as well ....
Only if you want to be, not that you have to be.

nickel and dimed to get FSX where it is for me now.
That is a choice individuals make. If you wanted to go to Alaska and fly around in the mountains with a C208, it was all included in previous FS flight games. Who knows with FLIGHT, it may cost $100.00 for sure it wont be available for free/included! Edited by Barnstormer1

Guest dreckman
Who knows with FLIGHT, it may cost $100.00 for sure it wont be available for free/included!
Not necessarily so. If you look at other companies (Bioware for example) using the DLC model, they tend to release free content along with paid. The big difference is you pay for the base product.With MSFT releasing the base for free all their income will be from DLC so free content might be out of the picture. But you never know.

Not necessarily so. If you look at other companies (Bioware for example) using the DLC model, they tend to release free content along with paid. The big difference is you pay for the base product.With MSFT releasing the base for free all their income will be from DLC so free content might be out of the picture. But you never know.
Price typically directly correlates quality with DLC. Let's hope things are kept affordable!

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Bottom line, you can not purchase Flight! You can only by APPS for the game piece meal and it wiil never be a real worldwide sim. A question to ask MS is what apps are planned to be releaesd in the next year and if they plan on making it a mostly world wild sim? ##### was MS thinking whem making a flight "sim" with only a couple of US islands with no clear answer if there will ever be anything else? Only Hawiians want to fly exclusively around Hawaii....just like others would no like to be able to only fly from and around my home airport even though it may be quite scenic. I can't imagining a gamer not getting conpletely bored with it after "flying around for a few minutes. The old Peggy Lee song comes to mind......"Is That All There Is"? Then, MS wants to sell them a couple of more, mosly unihabited islands of more of the same or even worse boredom?

Edited by JoeD

Not necessarily so. If you look at other companies (Bioware for example) using the DLC model, they tend to release free content along with paid.
I can't say for a fact but I would be very surprised if thats the case with flight. The model is to create revenues totaly from the DLC. Granted you may get a free tree or a VW bug.

Guest dreckman

I can't say for a fact but I would be very surprised if thats the case with flight. The model is to create revenues totaly from the DLC. Granted you may get a free tree or a VW bug.
Your right all initial revenue will be from DLC. But if they can come to terms with some 3PD's (I think a 30% cut is too much) that will be an additional source .And they could potentially allow freeware down the road once it is established and that could bring more users in to the fold. I think there a lot of options open for them, guess it just depends what the bean counters think.I am holding out hope (slim as it may be) it develops into something more.I did install AeroFLY FS today - just did a quick flight to make sure it works. Getting silky smooth flight at over 100 FPS on Ultra settings . The photo scenery is decent, not spectacular (at least the small bit I have seen so far)No opinion on the flight model yet. But this sim also seems more about flying then operation of the plane. Seems like it and FLIGHT are very similar on many levels.Happy Flying!-ed Edited by dreckman

(What)...was MS thinking whem making a flight "sim" with only a couple of US islands with no clear answer if there will ever be anything else?
The true answer to the question is the new distribution method, of course. They simply can not deliver the full content in one or even two or more bites, not when the DLC has to be practically downloadable...How many people would even be able to download two or three DVDs worth of "Flight ISO files," burn them to DVDs, then install them correctly?I can actually answer that question. During the FSX beta testing, more than a few beta testers never managed to download the two massive ISO files when all they had was a dialup ISP account. Of those who did manage to eventually succeed, it took them on average four DAYS to complete the downloads...Now try to imagine my young fellow developer friend in South Africa who's only possible internet connection is via a tethered cellphone!!!

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Only if you want to be, not that you have to be.
Well said. I 'fly' FSX like nobody's business, and though I have tons of freeware, I don't think I've spent a single penny on it since buying the sim when it first came out.

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

I can imagine Flight crashing together with its Server....Steam does that. Sometimes you load an addon and even though it went in ok, you can´see it!!! Steam was haked and many users lost game links and had all kinds of problems....just thinking in investing money and not been able to fly because the server is down is PoPo to me.......really guys for what has been written by pro Flight and against it, its all sounds that its not for us hardcore simers. I am in the middle of my home cockpit using usb instruments, client side panels etc....Flight no matter what they do that is not on the as real Sim characteristics as we have been used to is of no interest to us....sure it will appeal to kids for a few weeks or months then when the thrill of flying around islands with very few airfields and picking up coins in the air with a tinkerbell sound gets really boring it will fade into the jungle of so many games you find in those "online" treats!!!!.....I read they have all kinds of Missions, yea great, but once you finish one why would you fly it again, missions are a one shot deal...They say some sticks work other not, maybe they plan on a M$ stick you can easily buy too...Concentrate on your good FSX or FS9 sim there is so much addons you will probably retire and go visit St. Peter before you use them all.......have fun. ( PS. X-Plane 10 is also out there moving on, the X-Plane 10 Demo is much better than what I have seen in YouTube on the Flight Game).

Edited by pilota

Jut to clarify some things:You do NOT have to be online to fly Flight . . . and you still have access to any of the DLC you have purchased and installed.I've repeated a number of missions. They can be a bit different the next time. Why would you land at the same runway in FSX more than once?My Saitek X52 Flight Control System and Thrustmaster Pedals work just fine with Flight.I'm still enjoying Flight and I've been using it nearly every day since Jan 5th. And I'm not a kid.

Edited by Arwen

~ Arwen ~

Home Airfield: KHIE

Jut to clarify some things:You do NOT have to be online to fly Flight . . . and you still have access to any of the DLC you have purchased and installed.I've repeated a number of missions. They can be a bit different the next time. Why would you land at the same runway in FSX more than once?My Saitek X52 Flight Control System and Thrustmaster Pedals work just fine with Flight.I'm still enjoying Flight and I've been using it nearly every day since Jan 5th. And I'm not a kid.
I read that sentence and thought to myself, "Where have I seen this before?"-- Locked into a particular geographical area-- Provided with certain airplanes-- Variable Mission outcomes-- Landing at the same airfield after completing a MissionThen it hit me... I have seen this before, and in fact, I have both of the Sims on my computer!CFS andCFS2Of course, there's no DLC or locked configuration files, add ons are still available, and the Missions are a tadbit more challenging. On the other hand, in Flight, no one is shooting at you, either... Edited by ViperPilot

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.