Sign in to follow this  
SwedForce

Change the NGX "clock-time"

Huh, I didn't know this. You learn something every day. So, do PMDG's products with FMS and ETA calculations run off the FSX clock or real clock? I'm thinking the former since they seem to be pretty accurate.
PMDG gets the wrong time ... sometimes like an hour off from MSFS (daylight savings time e.g.).All I know is FS RealTime fixes all "issues" with time (FS9/FSX). Edited by vonmar

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

That might be so but I haven´t noticed that till now. I made an 3 h flight from KPDX to KMSP with the NGX yesterday and landed there just 3 minutes behind my shedule.

That might be so but I haven´t noticed that till now. I made an 3 h flight from KPDX to KMSP with the NGXyesterday and landed there just 3 minutes behind my shedule.
Where was the error?What reference did you use for it .. block time?Were all your enroute waypoint eta's rather close or perfect?You had a good flight. You do not need FS RedalTime clock.Unless you do like long east-west flights crossing time zones. Edited by vonmar

Best Regards,

Just start the timer on the PMDG clock & at the same time start a timer on a real clock (not computer) you will see a significant difference...just after a couple of minutes!

Just start the timer on the PMDG clock & at the same time start a timer on a real clock (not computer) you will see a significant difference...just after a couple of minutes!
I also used my wind up procedure turn stop watch to check the times and all was right on. Edited by vonmar

Best Regards,

Hello everyone,

I also have a question about the clock in the NGX. At take off when the thrust is set I click on the spot and the clock counts.

So when I'm flying over an hour the clock starts again from 0.

Is it possible that it shows full hours? 

Hello everyone,

I also have a question about the clock in the NGX. At take off when the thrust is set I click on the spot and the clock counts.

So when I'm flying over an hour the clock starts again from 0.

Is it possible that it shows full hours? 

On the bottom left of the clock there is two buttons (run, reset IIRC), they start the timer showing hours and minutes, but not seconds. On top of that you can also use (and reset) the stop watch function if needed (which is what you're useing, limited to 1 hour), it wont interfer with the timer.

I wouldn't use FSUIPC to keep time synched,or you will get constant FSX reloads.

Thx  for the tip  was wondering  why  my fsx  doing  quick reloads all the time, didn't know I had  it  selected

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Hello, I think the simplest method is, select airport, time of season which gives the local time at airport and also GMT, you then select which one you want and the data transfers to aircraft clock.  works for me every time.  Richard Welsh.

As for reloads with time updates by FSUIPC and FS Real Time, reloads only happen when change is bigger than like 3 minutes. Make sure that your update frequency is fast enough that the time will be updated before a difference of more than 1-2 minutes is built. For me, update frequency of 10 minutes or so works well.

Also if anybody uses Aivlasoft EFB for charts, it has a time sync feature in the miscellaneous settings

the issue i have with my ngx is that i'll reset my time and program a flight.   when i check my arrival time,  its way ahead of the  time of the time i actually arrive..    why is that???

when i check my arrival time, its way ahead of the time of the time i actually arrive.. why is that???

Possibly strong headwinds not enter into the FMC.

I wish it was that easy but im talking about 5 hrs ahead. I dont know if theFMC runs on a different time because once my flight is programed and i take off it will calculate the arrival time and is way off . I get this more on my PMDG 737 than the777