Sign in to follow this  
meccadom

Antalya FS2004 Vector Approach

Has anyone executed a successful ILS vectored approach and landing to this airport? I have tried 3 flights Istanbul-Antalya using RC4 to no avail. I receive instuctions to prepare for vectors and nothing afterward, I wind up about 30-40 miles over the sea. I am using Aerosoft's AntalyaX for FS2004 with the modified AFX_LTAI.bgl by Billy Rutherford. Any help or insight is appreciated as this becoming increasingly frustrating.ThanksDom

Has anyone executed a successful ILS vectored approach and landing to this airport? I have tried 3 flights Istanbul-Antalya using RC4 to no avail. I receive instuctions to prepare for vectors and nothing afterward, I wind up about 30-40 miles over the sea.I am using Aerosoft's AntalyaX for FS2004 with the modified AFX_LTAI.bgl by Billy Rutherford. Any help or insight is appreciated as this becoming increasingly frustrating.ThanksDom
Antalya is the perfect storm for FS ATC - the mountains surrounding it make ATC crazy. Even RC4 has a heck of a time. Your best best is to get approach plates and fly it yourself; it's actually a fun approach. I spent some time there many years ago and really enjoyed it.DJ Edited by ubersu

Absolutely! I have just landed in Antalya with a Condor A320 from Frankfurt.The mountains did make my head sweat like hell! But what fun it was...It was a non-ATC flight as I was training some other things this time.The screen below was taken just a few minutes before landing on runway 36C. I stopped my descent at 9000 ft.I had to reprogram my approach due to the high mountains I forgot to take into consideration. :(TURKEYS.jpgOn the other hand what would LTAI be without those ubiquitous mountains?ANTALYA003S.jpg

Does anyone else find this scenery very hard on frames?

Does anyone else find this scenery very hard on frames?
Which version (number) are you using?

For RC4 be sure if you are above the transition altitude you are using standard pressure and if below local pressure. See the RC manual about this.If RC is not responding you may have an outstanding acknowledgment or not met an ATC criteria.You also need to insure only one of your afcad files is in effect for the airport and then maker sure you use the latest makerwys utility and rebuild your RC scenery databaser so it has the correct coordinates. See the pinned topic on the RC forum.To use a STAR based on your arrival direction include the checkpoints common to all runways in the .pln file for RC. You can then select an IAP process after you acknowledge the assigned runway from approach and then navigate on your own following the approaches in your FMC or other nav instrument or follow the chart using your HDG, SPEED, and ALT controls. In setting up RC you can also select the NOTAM option where within the 40 nm limit you'll have flexibility where RC's instructions become advisory in nature (except for the crossing restriction at 40 nm out).Without a chart (I can't get to the RW site via VATSIM resources) I have no specific suggestion.I do suggest for RC specific guidance you use the public RC Support forum on AVSIM where you may get better support from that community there.

Which version (number) are you using?
Hmm not sure. Is there a patch?

Is there a patch?
The latest FS9 version is 1.04. Performance was much improved.Just log into your Aerosoft account ad download the latest version.

The latest FS9 version is 1.04. Performance was much improved.Just log into your Aerosoft account ad download the latest version.
I shall, cheers!