Sign in to follow this  
DeltaMD11

What type of flights to people prefer

i usually do 2 to 3 hour flights during the week. I am very new to long hauls i think i have done like 6. I did one yesterday and i am flying right now EGLL to KJFK.

I can do flights that last less than one hour, and sometimes I fly for several hours. When the BBJ comes out, I hope I can make it from Europe to the US, or maybe Hong Kong (Non-stop)?! :Drooling:Of course I do fly the 747 once in a while!

Edited by BjornM

I don't get it, are you actually enjoying seating next to the computer for hours? it's only make's sense if you'r flying on vatsim LOL,,

interesting, for those of you who doing long hauls, what actually you'r doing in the free 8 hours?(:
Put me down for long-haul. Love sitting in the MD-11 for long periods of time.Daniel,What do I do for 8 hours? Mainly watch tv. Or pull out a book and read. I've studied the manual a couple of times. Maintained situational awareness while staring at the Atlantic and my instruments. Made sure I still have plenty of fuel in the tanks (even tried to use the fuel system in Manual mode which didn't work out too well the first couple times...). Pretty much what I do. Oh, and going to the bathroom or kitchen every couple of hours. Gotta love having no life. Edited by Kenny

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

I simulate real ops, sometimes thats short hops in the 737,sometimes long haul across the pond in the 747

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Normally, watch Mayday episodes on YouTube.I fly only on VatSim, so most of the time I listen to the chatter, and if no ATC is online, I will fire up atclive and listen in to my favorite airports.

I like the shorter hauls, 1-2hours that includes taxi time!! Im not to interested in letting the computer run th flight sim while im away, and i definetly dont have time to sit there for hours on end, to busy unfortunately, although i would like to try one some day, must be quite satisfying to finish one in real time while being there.I would like to follow a real world flight, with the same time of departre, and real weather, that way you can sorta know what the real flight is doing at given times, maybe when things slow down on my end ill be able to try one.

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

interesting, for those of you who doing long hauls, what actually you'r doing in the free 8 hours?(:
Paint aircraft, read nav charts, check approach procedures, study for the next exams, do the laundry, you name it :)Please note that i do all my flying online, i'm away from the computer the least time possible. Edited by NaMcO

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

I do mostly short hauls of around 3 hours or less from SEA up through SE Alaska or up to ANC. This is in part due to the excellent ORBX and Tongass scenery. One every couple weeks or so ill do a Hawaii run.

Ryan Syferd (KSEA)

I like the shorter hauls, 1-2hours that includes taxi time!! Im not to interested in letting the computer run th flight sim while im away, and i definetly dont have time to sit there for hours on end, to busy unfortunately, although i would like to try one some day, must be quite satisfying to finish one in real time while being there.I would like to follow a real world flight, with the same time of departre, and real weather, that way you can sorta know what the real flight is doing at given times, maybe when things slow down on my end ill be able to try one.
if you'r saying you'r flying on vatsim, so why don't you wait for ATC or at least some ATC, you know you actually wasting your real world time. i don't like set the plane and then walk for hours, new ATC can come up and you didn't notice. cheers.

if you'r saying you'r flying on vatsim, so why don't you wait for ATC or at least some ATC, you know you actually wasting your real world time. i don't like set the plane and then walk for hours, new ATC can come up and you didn't notice. cheers.
Thats what i said, i dont like leaving fs to run while im not around.And by real world i mean going on a airlines website, say aircanada, and getting a departure time, and actually starting the flight at that time in real world, and seeing if the flying time is somewhat the same.I never leave when flying, im always at the desk, other then the occasional " make a cuppa" or "get a bag of chips" or " drain the main......" uuhhhhhh never mind ;)

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

A few years a go i performed many long haul flights, now due to time i perform only short and medium hauls and i enjoy because there are more take offs and landings, and you're always busy in cockpit, especially if you fly the old birds :( , my favorites are in Caribbean,South and central America and airports with challenging procedures, sometimes at MTOW :(

RL time is short so my main aircraft choices at the moment are the NGX and MD-11F on 1-2 hour flights (Mostly FDX and SWA). My bread and butter is the NGX with SWA. I'll pick an originating flight from SWA early in the AM on weekends (usually somewhere with weather)... Take her from cold and dark on the first leg of the day, fly the real route, pull a real SWA-style turn, and proceed. Usual ops get me two airports and if I'm lucky and the kids sleep in I get three. Rinse and repeat. Lots of up and down is always good.

I prefer short flights. That way you get all of the pre flight, takeoff, a few inflight changes and landing procedures.Tom Hibben

I like to do short hauls. But, I only do real flights. For example, a short, but real world flight, from Seattle/Tacoma to Portland (OR). I use Wikipedia because it says exactly what airline goes where.I don't have a "heavy" so I don't do long hauls. My longest flight ever was probably on VATSIM, KMDW (Midway) to KMSP (Minneapolis/St. Paul) in the Snowball Fight event. I used the -700 NGX which I bought that same day or so. I also love flying in Alaska, especially the PAKT (Ketchikan) to PAJN (Juneau) real world flight operated by Alaska Airlines.