Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

Anyone interested in a precision manual? You're gonna get one with SP1c!

That's not the point. One point is the simulation of the aircraft, another is the simulation of a FO. Completely different things. The second one has nothing to do with the NGX except for the needed SDK, a thing that has already done by the team, and if all of us are still waiting it, is not for a pmdg error, but for legal issues.Now, legal issues are solved, the team is now testing the package and it will released soon as stated in the first post..And, just for clarity, if you need a speech recognition system able to command your flight sim (every aircraft, including the default ones) there are other softwares. They are not first officers, but still helps you.PS: Just curious about the virtual FO... he will be able to solve failures or take correct actions or correct a wrong commander command?Or will just execute some pre-recorded items? A bit limited... a speech recognition software able to execute custom commands does its job. And without SDK.
I think we are talking cross purposes here. I am not really interested in what,s needed for what or why, or if something is late, early or on time. I was merely trying to point out that just because something didn't exist 5 years ago doesn't mean that one should accept that and not strive for improvement. For instance, if i could afford it, i would have my own level D sim, but that aint gonna happen. Anyhow, as i think you are trying to point out: It will get here one day and i am sure it will put a smile on a lot of pilot's faces.Regards,

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

What would we all do without PMDG?My father used to tell me "Everything good comes to he/she who waits", so shall it be :( ,Ken

Flight simulators for pcs were always single pilot, this from the 90s, now, with the new technologies it could be used for multi crew or "assisted" by the computer itself. But if were able to fly it without FS2crew, it means that it is an optional.Imagine if fs2crew was not developed by its team, were you still sayng that it is a must have to fly it?It is unreal to fly alone, it is also unreal to let the simulator pause, to inhibit crashes, to use accelerated time and so on... but they are all used. But a copilot is a must have... I don't understand.
Andrea, it's called technological evolution.People used to wash their clothes on a wooden board next to a river with a rock. Now they use washing machines. Can you still wash your shirt with a rock? Yes but....why would you want to?So what if flight simulators started from a single pilot perspective? That's in the past, now we have a program like FS2Crew that simulates a first officer.I don't know about you, but I don't fly my NGX to do barrel rolls and slam into mountains. I try to mimic real world operations which includes fuel planning (FSBuild), weather generation (Active Sky), realistic controls (Saitek yoke, throttle, pedals)...etc etc etc.At the end of that, is a FO I can talk to and interact with to help me fly a 737, similar to the real world.You can fly FSX/FS9/XPlane/Flightgear how you want. It's your choice, but don't slam someone for wanting a realistic experience and everything that goes with that.FS2Crew needs the SDK to function, and my NGX needs FS2Crew to function realisticly, so yes....it's necessary.Also, if FS2Crew was never developed, how would I even say it's a 'must have' when I wouldn't know about it's existence? Your point makes absolutely no sense.I might as well say "having a personal teleportation device is a must have! But until it's invented, I'll just drive my car to the store". Edited by trip7cap

A post complaining about people complaining. These never get old.Kyle take your own advice and stop being a backseat moderator here.
I am. I'm not complaining about something I have no right to complain about. There's a very large difference, but your bias of "I want it now and they owe it to me" (which is very clear in your post about FS2Crew) is clouding how you are viewing my message.Armchair/backseat/whatever moderation would be me calling people out on rules, or telling them I'd report them for doing something. Me telling people they're whining like children is hardly that.By the way, is it really a must have? I mean, sure, it's not realistic to fly a two person plane with one person, but do you never fly your other add-ons because they don't have FS2Crew? I find that hard to believe. I really think most people here complain because it's a possibility and that possibility hasn't fully arrived. If it was never a possibility, people would be going on their merry way, flying the plane all over the place and loving it.

Kyle Rodgers

I am. I'm not complaining about something I have no right to complain about. There's a very large difference, but your bias of "I want it now and they owe it to me" (which is very clear in your post about FS2Crew) is clouding how you are viewing my message.
Complaining about someone complaining. I guess I'm the only one who sees the pure irony in that.People have no right to complain about something they don't like, but you have the right to complain about them? Wow, talk about arrogance.Also, no where in my post did I say "they owe me" so no clue how you came up with that, but my viewpoint isn't clouded at all. It was about personal choice and how someone wanting something realistic shouldn't be slammed for it. It was very clear.Maybe you should go back and read it again?
but do you never fly your other add-ons because they don't have FS2Crew? I find that hard to believe.
No I don't fly anything that doesn't have FS2Crew. Believe what you want, I don't care.The only thing I flew recently that didn't have it was the NGX, but right now I'm holding off flying it until the SDK comes out. Edited by trip7cap

Complaining about someone complaining. I guess I'm the only one who sees the pure irony in that.People have no right to complain about something they don't like, but you have the right to complain about them? Wow, talk about arrogance.Also, no where in my post did I say "they owe me" so no clue how you came up with that, but my viewpoint isn't clouded at all. It was about personal choice and how someone wanting something realistic shouldn't be slammed for it. It was very clear.Maybe you should go back and read it again?No I don't fly anything that doesn't have FS2Crew. Believe what you want, I don't care.The only thing I flew recently that didn't have it was the NGX, but right now I'm holding off flying it until the SDK comes out.
I agree with you that the opinion-phobes are a bit much. If I don't agree with what PMDG is doing or I don't like the something about the product, why not say so? The forum is the proper venue for just that type of dialogue. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: some folks seem so keen on censorship and having everyone mute their opinions that I wonder if they'd be better off living in China. Sheesh!But, to the point, although the wait can be excrutiating, I'm sure there's a reason for it. And, regardless of how unrealistic it is to fly the NGX solo, it beats every other addon even without FS2CREW. So, I'm inclined to just keep enjoying my NGX while Ryan et al work out the kinks.

You can fly FSX/FS9/XPlane/Flightgear how you want. It's your choice, but don't slam someone for wanting a realistic experience and everything that goes with that.FS2Crew needs the SDK to function, and my NGX needs FS2Crew to function realisticly, so yes....it's necessary.
Maybe you wasted your money buiyng the NGX without the SDK.You were able to wait until SDK, and if there was no SDK at all, you have saved your money.But, you already knew that the SDK was not released when you bought the plane.So, take it in the hangar and don't use it, it is unrealistic using it w/o fs2crew, so, don't use it, simple.There is a bit of difference in wanting and pretending a thing. PMDG can also disregard the SDK and never let the fs2crew to be released for the NGX, do you think that it is a good commercial decision?They are doing the products to sell them, obviously, if SDK is out, they will have more customers. So, do you think they are playng with playstation istead of working on the sdk, fixes, 777 and so on?Ken wrote: "Everything good comes to he/she who waits", so shall it be :( ,

Regards

Andrea Daviero

I think the lesson here is that it's important to manage your customers' expectations. I'm happy to wait for sp1c, the sdk and tutorial 2, but Ryan might have missed the mark with his email.

Complaining about someone complaining. I guess I'm the only one who sees the pure irony in that.People have no right to complain about something they don't like, but you have the right to complain about them? Wow, talk about arrogance.
I'm not going to bring up what the original post said (you're welcome), but really? First, I'm wrong all the time, and I'll show you where I am, and I retract statements I make when they're false. Example: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/363861-go-around-procedures/If you want me to go find other examples, I will gladly do so. I'm very brash, and I assert my position (and sometimes make a fool of myself doing it), but when I'm wrong, I'll concede that I am.All I did is point out that people are whining like children. If you consider that complaining about complaining, that's fine.About the arrogance thing, though:I can on many occasions come across as arrogant, sure. The problem is that I'm not asserting people aren't allowed to complain at all, but I'm allowed to "complain" about them complaining. I pointed out that there are situations where complaints are valid and certain situations that complaints are invalid. The validity of bemoaning the fact that the SP isn't out already because they said "soon" is shaky at best.My main point isn't one of complaining, really. You're fully within your right to complain, but that doesn't mean doing so isn't going to make you come across as childish. That's all I'm trying to say.

Kyle Rodgers

Can I chime in and say I want the SDK so that an ipad app can be used to control the CDU :-P Said app pulled the support waiting on the SDK. But in the mean time I still have a lot to learn about the NGX as I'm new to jet liners and procedural flying. NGX is the only thing taking me away from A2A stuff at the moment.

Just to be fair, this is what Mr Robert S. Randazzo said in the pinned topic just below this one:"We are now working with some new development tools in the background that will ultimately improve our products- but this also means that we have to do a bit more checking and work with SP1c and the SDK to make sure that these changes didn't break anything unexpected. I anticipate this process taking a few days to a few weeks depending upon what we find."Just because Mr Ryan Maziarz said "All of this will be yours with SP1c very soon!" 9 days ago! doesn't mean it's excluding"a few days to a few weeks depending upon what we find"............ :(

Just to be fair, this is what Mr Robert S. Randazzo said in the pinned topic just below this one:"We are now working with some new development tools in the background that will ultimately improve our products- but this also means that we have to do a bit more checking and work with SP1c and the SDK to make sure that these changes didn't break anything unexpected. I anticipate this process taking a few days to a few weeks depending upon what we find."Just because Mr Ryan Maziarz said "All of this will be yours with SP1c very soon!" 9 days ago! doesn't mean it's excluding"a few days to a few weeks depending upon what we find"............ :(
That only reinforces what I said above. PMDG needs to do a better job of managing customers' expectations. Ryan and Robert shouldn't be singing from different sheets of music. The message should be clear and consistent, even if the message is that we need to wait a few weeks. And, again, I'm fine with waiting.

That only reinforces what I said above. PMDG needs to do a better job of managing customers' expectations. Ryan and Robert shouldn't be singing from different sheets of music. The message should be clear and consistent, even if the message is that we need to wait a few weeks. And, again, I'm fine with waiting.
Exactly on point.... the issue with PMDG has always been one of setting expectations that are at best unrealistic and perhaps bordering on misleading. People on these forums can debate the value or importance of things like the SDK, additional service packs, etc. but as someone who has owned a technology business for many years, I can tell you that I would have a very big problem with my customers if my company repeatedly went silent for periods of time on previously promised deliveries or continually busted delivery dates. Things happen in business that sometimes can't be helped and not everything is as smooth as we would all like it to be, but at least as respects the 737NGX this is an issue (IMHO).This is in no way a reflection of the quality of PMDG's products which I believe to be some of the best in PC-based flight simulation. It is just an observation and comment on one aspect of their customer service....Phil

...but the problem is that they're essentially [darned] either way.If anyone watched the stupidity that circled the NGX all the way up to the release, you'd know why. When they didn't say a thing, people came up with wild, baseless bogus information and hypotheses of what was going on and demanded information. When they actually released information, it was not enough, or they hit a snag and people called for their heads because the vague deadline wasn't "met" based on their definition of soon.Ever wonder why they never give hard dates? Stuff happens. Until one of you all goes and actually has to manage a project and meet a deadline (we're not talking school work or simple work tasks, guys), you should really keep your nose out of the "here's what they should do argument." Go run PR while you're at it, and then we'll talk.

Kyle Rodgers

the issue with PMDG has always been one of setting expectations that are at best unrealistic and perhaps bordering on misleading....It is just an observation and comment on one aspect of their customer service....
I completely agree. It's never the time they take, it's the mixed communication that gets everyone's hopes up.Didn't change for the release of the NGX and it hasn't changed now.I also agree it's just one part...I've gotten solid quality service whenever I submitted a service ticket about a bug or issue.
Maybe you wasted your money buiyng the NGX without the SDK.You were able to wait until SDK, and if there was no SDK at all, you have saved your money.But, you already knew that the SDK was not released when you bought the plane.
I bought it thinking the SDK would be out in a few weeks, at the most 2 months....not half a year. Edited by trip7cap