Sign in to follow this  
JokersWild

Southwest's new -800, N8301J is holding short in the Avsim library

| Picky, picky, picky I am.. As far as theairline colors, Southwest is probably one of the hardest to get down,
I agree. I've tried over 30 mixes before settling on one. There's no getting it perfect in FS, I'm afraid.

Chris Hicks

I agree. I've tried over 30 mixes before settling on one. There's no getting it perfect in FS, I'm afraid.
Me too.. And I'm still diddling with the various shades trying to find the best compromise.I'm not claiming mine are perfect by any means.. Still a work in progress for me.And it is partially FSX display quirks that make it tricky. IE: you can get the bright sideabout right, but the dark side might be off a tad, and visa versa..So far, I've sort of been tending to optimize for the bright side, and take what I getfor the dark side.But overall, your stuff looks good. I really like the improvement in the shine.The orange peel effect I always got without the spec files was starting to drive me nuts.They look pretty slick and shiny in the real world when the sun is shining on a side.So even though I am picky about the color shades, I sure can't complain about thespec and bump textures you did. They came out good. :)

Belated Thanks Chris. Ahhh, so many liveries and routes, too little time. Also, you are probably responsible for my having to buy the 6/700 PMDG series. LOL