Sign in to follow this  
JokersWild

Southwest's new -800, N8301J is holding short in the Avsim library

I've done a set of bump maps for the -700 along with some files to increase the shine. I'm in the process of finishing up a set for the -800 also. The -700 files are in the Avsim library if you're interested.

Chris Hicks

Strict Standards: Declaration of group_forum_breadcrumb::sendOutput() should be compatible with that of output::sendOutput() in /opt/webdocs/newsite/forum/hooks/group_forum_breadcrumb_d29bf565a59f776807044fd19e49258a.php on line 107

Nice work on the decal, and fast! I was coming here to post a pic of it. Since you asked about more pics of it, these are the 2 best ones I've seen:http://www.flickr.co...in/photostream/NYCA-WNDFW-3-21-2012-TC-Warrior-One-is-Southwests-newest-737-a-800-model.jpgLooking forward to adding this one to the fleet.
Awesome!Strict Standards: Declaration of group_forum_breadcrumb::sendOutput() should be compatible with that of output::sendOutput() in /opt/webdocs/newsite/forum/hooks/group_forum_breadcrumb_d29bf565a59f776807044fd19e49258a.php on line 107
Nice work on the decal, and fast! I was coming here to post a pic of it. Since you asked about more pics of it, these are the 2 best ones I've seen:http://www.flickr.co...in/photostream/NYCA-WNDFW-3-21-2012-TC-Warrior-One-is-Southwests-newest-737-a-800-model.jpgLooking forward to adding this one to the fleet.
Awesome!

PMDG-777-EK-SIG-MAY1713-2_zps6f2ed2be.pn

Chidiebere Anyahara

Strict Standards: Declaration of group_forum_breadcrumb::sendOutput() should be compatible with that of output::sendOutput() in /opt/webdocs/newsite/forum/hooks/group_forum_breadcrumb_d29bf565a59f776807044fd19e49258a.php on line 107

Nice work on the decal, and fast! I was coming here to post a pic of it. Since you asked about more pics of it, these are the 2 best ones I've seen:
Thanks! Those are the two pics I derived the logo from! That either shows commitment or it's going to lead to one.

Chris Hicks

Chris, you are really doing an awesome work here. I just noticed that you also removed the somewhat dark 'ring' on the engine nacelles! Or are my eyes deceiving me? I have hated those from day one, but didn't want to sound picky, being the perfectionist that I unfortunately am. I'm so loving this this particular plane (N8031J)Before you release, though, there are some things I want to point out, that, if you can/have the time, you could correct (I hate to do this!) But even if you can't , I still score this job 5 stars.I'll post them shortly, so stand by...

Chidiebere Anyahara

Yeah baby!Lovely work, Chris..and the bump maps! Don't get me started on the rivets!! Do you ever go out? :DKeep up the amazing work!bestjake

JAKE EYRE
It's a small step from the sublime to the ridiculous...Napoleon Bonaparte
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg

Before you release, though, there are some things I want to point out, that, if you can/have the time, you could correct (I hate to do this!) But even if you can't , I still score this job 5 stars.
I don't mind, but I was planning to upload it in an hour or so, so I hope they aren't too major!Here are/were the final preview shots:fsx2012-03-2212-26-53-73.jpgfsx2012-03-2212-24-17-96.jpgfsx2012-03-2212-24-39-24.jpgfsx2012-03-2212-28-30-99.jpgfsx2012-03-2212-28-09-17.jpgfsx2012-03-2212-10-07-56.jpgfsx2012-03-2212-32-01-07.jpgfsx2012-03-2212-33-46-56.jpg
Yeah baby!Lovely work, Chris..and the bump maps! Don't get me started on the rivets!! Do you ever go out? :DKeep up the amazing work!bestjake
Not very often. Is it showing? :(

Chris Hicks

Awesome!

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

Here you go:NOTE:The top of the upper cyan line is represents the top edge of the yellow ribbon.The top of the lower cyan line represents the bottom edge of the yellow ribbon.The purpose of the top cyan line is to indicate that the left ribbon and the right meet in an inverted 'v' (see next image). http://www.flickr.co...swa/6855157908/I noticed that in the previous download you did this right (I'm looking at the little door where you plug in the gpu), but while you moved the yellow line to accommodate the '800', it covered the entire bottom of the door, which in real life, has a little of the red. Solution: (see the cyan lines) make the yellow band a little thinner from the bottom (that will also take care of the top of the wind (see the next pic)).NOTE: The top of the cyan line represents where the top of the yellow line should be.http://www.flickr.co...swa/6855157996/The yellow band is a little lower, and crosses the rear door almost (but not exactly) the way I indicated with the lines. Also, there are more blue under the emergency exits in the real one. If you 'split' off the thin yellow bottom, then the yellow will not touch the top of the wing. Look at the video at 0:04, and you'll see that the yellow band is almost on top of the wing, and that it's way inside the bulging wing joint (don't know what it's called), you'll also notice that it's a little thinner. also, look at the image of the door, you'll see that the band passes through is almost on top of the bottom hinge.I think the '8301 ETOPS' needs to be a little bigger than it is at the moment. Compare with real life pics.One other, I don't have a pic, cos I don't know how your bumps are looking, but I think most of the bumps are in rows of 3. But I don't believe you can do anything about it (or can you?). Keep up the good work, McChris!Thanks for your time.

Chidiebere Anyahara

Hi Chris - I just noticed - you fixed the engine maps&bumps - sweet! I thought I will have to do this myself eventually... As aside, would you be open to letting other painters include your maps, with proper credit?

Amazing, Chris!!!!!! Well done!!! Very well done!!!! One more for my hangar. Thank you very very much!!!

Best regards

Cristiano Mueller

I think the '8301 ETOPS' needs to be a little bigger than it is at the moment. Compare with real life pics.
Hi Chris - I just noticed - you fixed the engine maps&bumps - sweet! I thought I will have to do this myself eventually... As aside, would you be open to letting other painters include your maps, with proper credit?
I will definitely get the text fixed. The cheat line may have to wait a bit. I'll definitely be calling on you to "beta test" any of my Southwest liveries from now on! Good eyes!Fabo, that sounds more than fair to me. It's a community project, as far as I'm concerned. I needed everybody's input to get them done and looking as good as I can.

Chris Hicks

I'll definitely be calling on you to "beta test" any of my Southwest liveries from now on! Good eyes!
I'll be honored!

Chidiebere Anyahara