Sign in to follow this  
alainneedle1

Hawaiian adventure pack

Well then I guess I'm out 20 bucks. Maybe I can put a hold on the charge. I have no idea what is going on with the Live sign in. I even put my PC into my DMZ with no firewall running and I still get errors. Looks like I'll have to miss out on the latest. At least I still have FSX, FS9 and X-Plane working.The strange thing is that the files all show up in the install directory so I guess there is some link missing that gets provided by being Live.

Edited by RagTag

So how do you get it to work?I downloaded it and it says in the market that it was installed but I don't know how to add it to Flight. When I go into Flight it still asks on the main menu if I want to buy it and it doesn't show up on the map screen.So far this has not been a very good experaince for me. I can't log into Live from within the game and the purchaused scenery doesn't show up.
In my case, the GFWL Marketplace does not say "installed"You don't have to add it to flight, that is automatic. You could try this, but I cannot guarantee it will work. Load the “Games For Windows Marketplace Client” and login.Go to the Downloads tab and search for the Hawaii Adventure Pack add-on. If it says “Delete” it should have installed, if it says “Download” then it didn’t. In any case if it says “delete”, you can press “delete” and it will remove it from your hard drive and probably clean a failed download, then you can re-download it again.On the other issue. Not being able to login to LIVE from within Flight. Like Bill said "Oh my, then you've got a problem.", the LIVE HUD should display every time you start flight, unless you selected automatic sign in.That's all I have atm.

Did you download and install the Games for Windows Marketplace client?

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

In my case, the GFWL Marketplace does not say "installed"
Strange as both Flight and the add on have installed time and date stamps on mine.
You don't have to add it to flight, that is automatic.
That's what I thought.
You could try this, but I cannot guarantee it will work.Load the “Games For Windows Marketplace Client” and login.Go to the Downloads tab and search for the Hawaii Adventure Pack add-on. If it says “Delete” it should have installed, if it says “Download” then it didn’t.In any case if it says “delete”, you can press “delete” and it will remove it from your hard drive and probably clean a failed download, then you can re-download it again.
Been there and done that. Twice for both Flight and the add-on. Downloaded them both again also.
On the other issue. Not being able to login to LIVE from within Flight. Like Bill said "Oh my, then you've got a problem.", the LIVE HUD should display every time you start flight, unless you selected automatic sign in.That's all I have atm.
I can login every which way but through Flight. I've been through MS login problems pages and tried all their fixes and still no joy. Edited by RagTag

If you did not get an email with tokens between the 15th and 21st of Feb, you will not get them now.Fred.
A limited number of beta testers received the addon package for free, based on their efforts and activity during the beta test. They based it on certain things like activity with useful posts in the forum or useful feedback in the bug ticket system and stuff like that. So you might be waiting for something that won't come. The mail announcing this went out about two weeks ago, so if you haven't received something yet, don't get your hopes up too high ;).
Found the email, it was lurking in my Spam folder. :Thinking:

Danny

Did you download and install the Games for Windows Marketplace client?
Yup.It shows both packages installed/purchased. Edited by RagTag

Well dang! I'm fresh out of ideas now. Have you tried completely uninstalling, deleting the folders in your UserNameAppData folder then doing a fresh download and install of Flight?

Fr. Bill    

One idea I just read over on another site."I know what causes the GFWL crashes (setting my privacy setting to block all cookies), so ignore those."How are your privacy settings?

Edited by Kabronicus

Found the email, it was lurking in my Spam folder. :Thinking:
Well done. Enjoy the DLC.Fred.

One idea I just read over on another site."I know what causes the GFWL crashes (setting my privacy setting to block all cookies), so ignore those."How are your privacy settings?
They are fine. I set them according to the MS help site for Live.Right now I've uninstalled it, wiped out all the files and am in the process of downloading it again. The only other thing I can think of is to make Internet Explorer my default browser. Right now I'm using Firefox.

@RagTagI have seen your exact problem mentioned on the beta forums.I will take a look through the forum again and see if I can find something. If I do, I will post it here.Fred.

Well the uninstall and re-install went well. I kid........Now it doesn't work at all. I get an "The volume for a file has been externally altered so the file is no longer valid." error. I guess uninstalling it is considered altering the files. So far I'm really not very impressed with the way this is all working out.Trying again. Hey third time's a charm right?I just wish they didn't delete the download as soon as the installer finishes. It would save my the 1.5 gig download every time.

Edited by RagTag

Are you absolutely sure you cleaned out everything? Here is a detailed checklist:

Before you install the final version of Microsoft Flight, please make sure that you uninstall the beta by following the instructions below:· Uninstall Microsoft Flight from the Add/Remove Programs screen· Delete the following directories (if they exist). Navigate to them by pasting the paths given below in the address bar of Windows Explorer:· %UserProfile%\My Documents\Flight· %LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Flight· %LocalAppData%\Microsoft\XLive\DLC\4d5308d3· %AppData%\Microsoft\Flight

Fr. Bill    

I didn't have the BETA but I did clean out everything.After two more downloads and failed installs I got smart and saved the download package.I managed to get Flight installed and running after I removed it via CCleaner and then manually installed after decompressing the installer package.Still no joy with the Hawaiian scenery but I managed to also save that package so I don't have to download it again. Now if I can figure out how it installs I might just be able to get it going.Still no joy with the live login from the game so even if I get the Hawaiian scenery installed I still will not be able to do multi-player or get other downloads like the Stearman.

A related question: how do you know in game that you got the Adventure Pack installed? I believe I do - as I can take off from any airport of Hawaii and I have the RV besides the icon - however I was not able to look for any Aerocaches (including Aerocache of the day) that are located on any of the other islands outside of the Big Island. When I want to start the hunt it says 'Learn more ' and there is a redownload option that fails when clicked on.Thx,Alex