Sign in to follow this  
alainneedle1

Hawaiian adventure pack

A related question: how do you know in game that you got the Adventure Pack installed? I believe I do - as I can take off from any airport of Hawaii and I have the RV besides the icon - however I was not able to look for any Aerocaches (including Aerocache of the day) that are located on any of the other islands outside of the Big Island. When I want to start the hunt it says 'Learn more ' and there is a redownload option that fails when clicked on.Thx,Alex
You need to get the aerocache "Honololi Cove" on the big island first !Fred.

Ragtag.You did complete the first two small missions first, the intro mission where you dodge balloons then land and after that the Wedding Party mission. If you do not do those first then you will not be able to access free flight mode and access the other content you downloaded.Was just a thought.Craig

With all the non-functional items on the planes and in the game... If they do ever add them in, I wonder if it will be a free upgrade, thus making the planes functional to where it should have been at release or if they will make you pay for it. I'm guessing pay for it. Can you imagine if they charged to add ATC into the game? WOW.

Whats not functional on the aircraft?Maule autopilot is known, and so is the Xponder.

Kevin Miller

3D Artist and developer

Ragtag.You did complete the first two small missions first, the intro mission where you dodge balloons then land and after that the Wedding Party mission. If you do not do those first then you will not be able to access free flight mode and access the other content you downloaded.Was just a thought.Craig
Yup. I'm doing free flight fine. I've also completed a few more missions even one that required the Stearman although I can't get the Stearman. I sure my problems are related to the Live login from within the game. I even put my system directly on the net with no fire walls and it still fails to login via the game.

I just wish they didn't delete the download as soon as the installer finishes.
before you install save the file somewhere as backup, see http://forum.avsim.n...ost__p__2276686EDIT: too fast; just read your post that you managed to install it this way. Edited by DAD

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

@rRagTagI got this from another user and a developer:1. Try to disable the Antivirus2. The only thing I can suggest is to have them delete all the files in %localappdata%MicrosoftXLiveDLC4d5308d200000002, and then restart the game and try to download the DLC again from within the game.2, That won't help if they can't log into LIVE though. My only guess would be to have them uninstall the Windows ID Sign in Assistant and reinstall it via Windows LIVE Essentials.Hope this Helps.Note: If your login prob is fixed, remember to get the "Honolii Cove" aerocache, apparently it unlocks the Hawaii Adventure Pack.

Edited by Kabronicus

Whats not functional on the aircraft?Maule autopilot is known, and so is the Xponder.
Have you done an analysis of what is and is not working in the Maule? I have not just wondered. I see lots of buttons in that aircraft and all the aircraft from Flight that do nothing so I kinda lumped every plane into my statement I guess. I believe the list would be rather long of non funcitonal systems if listed, but it's the same for even payware aircraft so it's just what I've come to expect with most FSX planes.. Unfortunately. I need to re-state what I said above. I understand this game is free so I guess it makes sense that everything else would be a charge. It's just such a different mindset to have to buy stuff that was included in the purchased FSX. I suppose it makes sense that every additional item would be a cost.

OK. I just want to thank you folks for all the help. The problem was my router. I bought a new one and I was able to sign into Live from withing the game and everything loaded up fine. It recognized that I had already purchased the Hawaii pack and installed it without issue. Now I just have to figure out why I'm getting such awful FPS, bad stutters, even with everything set to low.

I downloaded, installed ,set up graphics and weather,flew first three tutorials and it was ok,but I dont think its for me. Graphics were mery good,but I can see where MS will nickle and dime us to death with addons. Jamie Moses

Edited by Jamie Moses

Have you done an analysis of what is and is not working in the Maule?
There are a LOT of things in the Maule that did NOT work in FSX that now work in the Flight Maule. Davitron, suction gauge, Hobbs, Fuel transer pumps, fuel aux button, reostat for panel lights, and I think the temp gauge on the right side will be fixed. Im positive that the AP will be fixed later, and we may get ATC down the road.Overall, the Maule in Flight is light years beyond the Maule in FSX both visually and simulated, and on par with any 3rd party product I have made myself. Yes some things like the breakers were left out, but not a lot of 3rd party's really model those in other then A2A and some of the bigger 3rd party's. Then again your paying 3x the asking price of the Maule for those. Im clearly bias, but for 15$ its a really good aircraft!

Kevin Miller

3D Artist and developer

If my friends have the Hawaiian Pack (sounds like a chicken meal I can buy locally, lol) but I don't and we are flying together, do I get bounced back to the main island when the boundary is reached?

If my friends have the Hawaiian Pack (sounds like a chicken meal I can buy locally, lol) but I don't and we are flying together, do I get bounced back to the main island when the boundary is reached?
I don't think so, just dismiss the sign.

Just to leave a quick note that is actually positive about Flight. I learned to fly in the state of Hawaii and the visuals (terrain, color of the textures, etc.) are quite convincing. The state of Hawaii looks very good when including this DLC. Many visual cues, which you would instinctively know if you lived there for a long time, are very realistically/convincingly rendered.

Edited by ahuimanu

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

Just to leave a quick note that is actually positive about Flight. I learned to fly in the state of Hawaii and the visuals (terrain, color of the textures, etc.) are quite convincing. The state of Hawaii looks very good when including this DLC. Many visual cues, which you would instinctively know if you lived there for a long time, are very realistically/convincingly rendered.
I agree Jeff... I think Microsoft did an absolutely fantastic job. I didn't learn to fly there... Marine Corps had me doing, ehem, "other" things. But I did spend a number of years there flying over the islands (as a pax) in CH-46s / 53s and driving into and out of various military bases. When I went to Pearl and floated up to the Arizona Memorial with the Icon, I half thought I'd be able to see the wall at the end with all the sailors names on it who perished that fateful day in '41. The gun tubs are plainly visible tho.Anyone reading this on Oahu in the military... best chow on the island (at a military base) is at the Sub-base at Pearl. :-DI was surprised to see the little "hill" in the middle of the Kaneohe Marine Base that has a road which circles to the top. Many "pleasant" memories running up that thing.One thing the Microsoft team missed was the rifle range is missing and iirc "they" put housing there instead. MSFT... pushups... begin.