Sign in to follow this  
jabreen

Microsoft Flight not so bad?

Hi All.Been a huge fan of the MS series since 2004. Spent a fortune on FSX add ons as im 1 of them who loves realism. When Microsoft announced Flight was scheduled I was over the moon. Leading nearer to takeoff day some of you made me think twice about the game. I downloaded today and I didnt think it was that bad at all.... I actually enjoyed it. Everyone seems to having a pop at Microsoft, but surely submitting feedback to them in a nicer way would make sense? Rather than have the same sets of fans downloading the game they have simply explained they want a wider audience and a different variety of people to download it. Surley this is the only way they can kick this game off??I personally think Microsoft can make this game fantastic, from my understanding they are going to bring out different packs worldwide... I personaly only ever fly in Europe! So if they was to bring out a pack for Europe that would suit me to the ground! Realism is something they can add too in the future too, Ground affects, weather, traffic, airports, Aircraft and so on. They wouldnt even need to bring out packs for these, this could all be done over the network and free service packs! The new graphic interface is fantastic, so much more smoother everything in my eyes looks 10x better than fsx did when it was released.PC Gaming has changed a lot since FSX was released. Microsoft will see how well these 3rd party software add ons are doing and i think they are planning on doing all of this themselves. I am 99% sure within the next month or 2 we will be greeted with something like Microsoft flight "Professional"... I think for we need to start getting this new project, stop moaning constantly about it, suggest things to the Microsoft team, ask for there opinion and so on.If Microsoft Flight is a success this time in a year I think this game will be quite unbelievable.Jack

It took me several hours, but I finally managed to drill down the list and read your first post. Thanks ever so much for providing a fresh perspective, and for daring to admit that you "like Flight..." :dance:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

You know things are all wrong when people are scared to admit that they like something and that they are having fun.I like Flight too! Love it, in fact, as much as I have loved all the previous versions of FS, and many other flight games, especially Falcon even though I always got shot down.Best regards.Luis

Edited by LuisFelizTirado

Heck, it's not perfect but I've already used it longer than X-Plane 10 which I bought the first day that it was available. FSX is still there for "real" flying but Flight is fun and is far from an arcade game.I've been flight simming since the Commodore days and this is a nice addition to the field.

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

It took me several hours, but I finally managed to drill down the list and read your first post. Thanks ever so much for providing a fresh perspective, and for daring to admit that you "like Flight..." :dance:
You know, this is in danger of turning into somewhat of a self-perpetuating 'myth' (perhaps to strong a word, but I can't think of a better one at the moment). There's quite a few threads on the first page that are positive or at least neutral about Flight and there are plenty of people that have admitted to liking it (and let me add myself to that number). These kind of 'anticipatory' posts don't do much to help with generating a positive atmosphere. It's rather unfair to single out this specific post, but it's an example of what I've seen going on in several threads. Let's just celebrate the fact we enjoy Flight and worry about the flames if and when they come.On that note: cool thing I discovered this evening; you can control the Icon's pitch with the throttle! The engine's thrust line is (apparently) quite a bit above the centre of gravity, so going from minimum to maximum thrust give you quite a large difference in pitch moment. I also quite like the brake squeaks on the Stearman.

John-Alan, I'm tired after so many hours, but I was attempting to both welcome a "newbie" and provide a of levity while doing so. It was meant as a tongue-in-cheek comment, nothing more.As for your observation on the Icon's behavior, it is indeed quite accurate. Also note just how much induced drag dropping the gear causes, as well as the delightful "roar of wind" the gear cause. It really enhances the immersion factor of the experience.Try opening the canopy during low speed flight. It's like having a honking huge spoiler! :LMAO:

Fr. Bill    

Just spent an excellent couple of hours in the Steraman multiplayer, aeros and all, so thumbs up from me.Not a simulator in the FSX sense, but jolly good.Some guy turned up in a flying saucertriangle, which he said he had bought. I was only aware of the Maule, Mustang and RV for purchase?CheersKeith

Some guy turned up in a flying saucertriangle, which he said he had bought. I was only aware of the Maule, Mustang and RV for purchase?
If you are flying in multiplayer and someone else has a plane that you do not (Maule, Vans, the P-51) they will be shown as some space alien.

Its a joy to finally fly with a modern FS engine - one that doesn't stutter, have flashing textures, takes forever to load ect. I'm surprised at how well it looks and flies (aka smooth) on this less than stellar laptop.Thanks MSjja

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz
SkyPilot Software home of FSXAssist / P3DAssist

LionheartVictoryBanner02s-369x97.png

Try opening the canopy during low speed flight. It's like having a honking huge spoiler! :LMAO:
Yes! I agree! its actually realistic then seeing no other Sim does that lol

If you are flying in multiplayer and someone else has a plane that you do not (Maule, Vans, the P-51) they will be shown as some space alien.
Now I think this is an advertisement channel overlooked by MS. You should be able to see the nice toys others have and get really really envious and spend your $$$ on getting those toys too :Idea:

Now I think this is an advertisement channel overlooked by MS. You should be able to see the nice toys others have and get really really envious and spend your $$$ on getting those toys too :Idea:
Does downloading the demo (not really a demo - just the hanger view) of the other a/c work? Then you at least have the textures on your PC for it to reference.Mike

Does downloading the demo (not really a demo - just the hanger view) of the other a/c work? Then you at least have the textures on your PC for it to reference.Mike
If you mean the aircraft preview - yes it works... I did for the maule and Mustang... just for fun... it shows the spinning plane on your screen.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

If you mean the aircraft preview - yes it works... I did for the maule and Mustang... just for fun... it shows the spinning plane on your screen.
Those serve two purposes. One is being able to see it in your hangar. The second, which is really more important is that it will be the "imposter" for when you're in multi-player and another user has an a/c you don't have.

Fr. Bill    

Sweet I thought about that just as you posted this... !

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |