Sign in to follow this  
Glynn

Inactive Member_jahman_***

This is sad indeed. I have not been around near as long as many of you, but the time I have been here I always enjoyed reading his posts, and found many of them very informative more me.Perhaps someday he will find his way back here.

I did see a post where jahman appeared to be at odds with a moderator, the day before last. Ah shooks, I can't remember which section or subject it was in, but I saw it, assuming it hasn't been deleted it should be easy to find. That is all I will say as those are the facts, I will not pass a view on what I thought of the exchange, suffice to say that it may have been connected with this, or may have been absolutely unrelated.

Guest bstolle

deleted

Edited by bstolle

HelloFor every one of the more commited type of simmer that leaves there are many more new enthusiastic MS Flight! recruits signing up gamepad in hand.Exciting times ahead as we all transition to the new improved Sim.

... one of the guys that know what they're talking about.. one of the "help desk" guys.. Avsim can't afford to lose guys like Jahman.
You too!!!!! Thank you for you generous contribution.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

HelloFor every one of the more commited type of simmer that leaves there are many more new enthusiastic MS Flight! recruits signing up gamepad in hand.Exciting times ahead as we all transition to the new improved Sim.
Lol, I am sure that's going to happen.... G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

Lol, I am sure that's going to happen....G
Hello GaryIt is happening though, The new influx of gamers are enjoying the easy mouse controls and the FS9 guys who never had the hardware to run FSX are enjoying the fluid sense of flight.MS got its market research spot on, there were many out there that are glad to see the removal of ATC and Ai and all those troublesome aspects of simulation that meant having to actually read and learn something, how quaint it all seems now looking back!.Embrace the change, adopt and mentor a gamer is the new way forward.Time to put away all those hardware controls, feet up on the sofa with a wireless gamepad is the wat to go as you fly along in multiplayer laughing at the guys in their ICON that cannot afford the DLC price for the Vans RV.

You too!!!!! Thank you for you generous contribution.
Jahman is a genuine asset for AVSIM and for many of us who personally learned from his knowledge and helpfulness. Sure things can get heated and boil over in a fire, but I really hope he comes back.Kind regards,

Hello GaryIt is happening though, The new influx of gamers are enjoying the easy mouse controls and the FS9 guys who never had the hardware to run FSX are enjoying the fluid sense of flight.MS got its market research spot on, there were many out there that are glad to see the removal of ATC and Ai and all those troublesome aspects of simulation that meant having to actually read and learn something, how quaint it all seems now looking back!.Embrace the change, adopt and mentor a gamer is the new way forward.Time to put away all those hardware controls, feet up on the sofa with a wireless gamepad is the wat to go as you fly along in multiplayer laughing at the guys in their ICON that cannot afford the DLC price for the Vans RV.
The early rush of enthusiam for Flight is just becase it is new, wait till the realisation hits that Microsoft removed the word simulator for a reason and also just how much it will cost to replace what FSX offers for one price.Bryan.

The early rush of enthusiam for Flight is just becase it is new, wait till the realisation hits that Microsoft removed the word simulator for a reason and also just how much it will cost to replace what FSX offers for one price.
I would agree with you there, will download to get a look but I don't intend to give up my FSX investment any time soon .. .. ..G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

Hello Gary and BryanNow I see why one of the most helpful members left the community! Way to go trolling this thread instead of showing respect!And back on topic I am very sorry to see Jahman go.From someone who has benefited from his knowledge greatly I hope you return.

Ditto that...his posts were very informative with well reasoned statements. Maybe he was rubbed the wrong way by the current Flight forum...I know I'm not the only one...When you no longer feel you can participate in an open and truthful manner, it's time to move on. Hopefully he comes back!

Hello Gary and BryanNow I see why one of the most helpful members left the community! Way to go trolling this thread instead of showing respect!And back on topic I am very sorry to see Jahman go.From someone who has benefited from his knowledge greatly I hope you return.
I think you will find Jahman went because of the situation with the new flight forum and the way it was being moderated.I think he felt he was unable to express his opinions about Flight and because of that he requested his account be removed.I am willing to bet that my trolling post as you called it would probably express Jahman's sentiments quite well actually, and if not the case he/she can feel free to correct me.Bryan.

I think you will find Jahman went because of the situation with the new flight forum and the way it was being moderated.
HelloI absolutly agree, I have seen one perfectly reasoned first post in the Flight! forum locked tonight.It is now clear that only positive comments will be allowed.I am puzzled as to why this particular product seems to have so much protection by the moderators, where did this come from ?My view is this, as long as folk are respectful of each others opinions then lets have it all out in the open, no harm done.Let Flight! stand on its own merits, if it is good enough and ultimately is embraced by the community then fine.But positive discrimination never works, this offering from MS should not be a special case where only positivity is allowed.Note to Mods:No personal attacks were used in the making of this post. :(

It is now clear that only positive comments will be allowed.
I'm trying to resist the impulse to respond to these "conspiracy theory" themed posts,but let me just say this: there are 20 pages of posts in the Flight forum and a handful,if that, of locked threads (not deleted, locked).If all someone has to say is that Flight will be a failure, the post really does not deserve furtherdiscussion IMHO.

Bert