Sign in to follow this  
funnelpond

Flight will cost a small fortune

I assume at least one aircraft is included. If you read the sentence again, you will see that "with over 1.2 million sq mi of captivating scenery, new aircraft and additional missions!" So one aircraft is part of the package. But I think they would also release additional aircraft at the same time like when they did for Hawaii.
My 5th grade English teacher said something about commas, now just exactly how do I read this sentence. . . . I don't agree with the with. ' new aircraft' is on the other side of that comma and it would need to says 'with new aircraft or including new aircraft"I don't think anyone will win this debate as there are so many people that played hookey during english class.RayAs Bill Clinton so eloquently stated – It all depends on what the meaning of is is?Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Since there is comma right after "the journey to Alaska pack," all the clauses coming after it should describe it.But that is assuming the person who wrote it did it in a grammatically correct fashion. :Thinking:

But in FSX you pay $30-$40 for a single airport. I just dont get it...
The rest of the world is already there, which you don't pay additional for, and it is to enhance the airport thats already there!

I'm not going to spend a penny on it unless I see a good working ATC, until then they can stick it...Drumcode, we really should just delete this post, but I'm not going to this time, because it serves as an excellent example of the kind of spit in your face and shove it kind of post that is not welcome here. Mod SF

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Arwen,I realize the English language is not the easiest to state clearly but for I for one sure do not come to the same conclusion that you do reading the announcement. Additional aircraft may very possibly be included in the DLC but could just as well be at at additional cost as the Maule and P-51 in the Hawaii Adventure DLC. The word 'include' was not and is not included at the FB or MS websites. See below.
Thanks Ray,I appreciate your comments, as I really don't want to misrepresent anything that was stated. I do have language issues, but I also took the most advanced writing classes in college and actually did so well that I tutored other students. I do believe that my conclusion is correct, based on the way this was written.You have to look at the entire announcement, not just that sentence. The heading is: "DLC Sneak Peak: Journey to Alaska!" Since the "Journey to Alaska Pack" is also the title of the next scenery addon (DLC), it would follow that what is written under that heading is part of that single Pack (DLC). I agree that it should have been written somewhat clearer, but I this is the way I interpret what they is written. I'm also guessing (not stating) that MS is going to be fairly consistent in their marketing strategy, in how the scenery Packs are packaged. (But only time will tell.)When the "Hawaiian Adventure Pack" was first released to the beta testers, its description was that it expanded Flight's scenery to cover the "entire state of Hawaii" . . . I pointed out that this was not accurate, so this was suppose to be corrected to the "Eight Major Hawaiian Islands. But it is still written incorrectly on the MS Marketplace, as it is now described as "the entire Hawaiian island chain." The entire Hawaiian island chain (that makes up the state of Hawaii) actually extends all the way to Midway Island . . . and is 1500 miles in length. So proof reading does not appear to be something that Flight's marketing team is very skilled at. Edited by Arwen

~ Arwen ~

Home Airfield: KHIE

First, I do think the rest of the islands is worth it. I still had about 4000 MS Points (i use them a lot on my 360), so once I decided I liked flight, I got the rest of the islands and the other 2 planes. I like the Maule, but am disappointed in the P51...should have checked to make sure it had a cockpit. You CAN still fly it with the HUD, and when you press the keys for prop, mixture, etc, it seems to react correctly, but it's not the same.As far as final cost...I have two thoughts. First, it will be high. Every plane you add, every new area, etc, will cost MS Points. 4000 is 50 dollars, so with, for example the Hawaii Adventure pack being 1600, the Maule 1200, etc, you can see how they will get eaten up quick. But, others have made the point that, once you bought FSX or whatever version for that $60, a lot of people didn't stop there--they have added scenery, aircraft, etc. Some have spent hundreds, or thousands of dollars beyond the initial purchase. The initial part of FLIGHT (limited as it is, one island, one plane), is free. It's up to you if you want to go further, which leads me to my second thought---the end cost really is up to you. If MS releases planes you aren't interested in you don't have to pony up the points (or dollars, if the reputed shelving of points actually happens), for them. I definitely plan to be selective with planes, when more come out. Same with scenery areas; I'm planning to get Alaska, when it's ready, and am hoping for North America. I'm primarily intersted in flying in the US, so, when Europe, South America etc come out, will I get those, or get them right away, probably not. So, I guess you could say, that yes it will be expensive, but you can create the sim that YOU want. And that part, I like.Just please God, give us VOR, DME, Autopilot (flying the Maule 150 miles on a cargo run would be more pleasant), and multi engine. A Baron or 310 would be fine; A King Air would be better. Airliners, I don't care, but a GS or Lear, I would buy.ONE THING though, I worry about...since everything is downloaded, I'm dreading when I have to reinstall. Download everyting again? Anyone know where if anywhere the files are stored, so you can make backups?

Edited by socalguy85

Thanks Ray,I appreciate your comments, as I really don't want to misrepresent anything that was stated. I do have language issues, but I also took the most advanced writing classes in college and actually did so well that I tutored other students. I do believe that my conclusion is correct, based on the way this was written.You have to look at the entire announcement, not just that sentence. The heading is: "DLC Sneak Peak: Journey to Alaska!" Since the "Journey to Alaska Pack" is also the title of the next scenery addon (DLC), it would follow that what is written under that heading is part of that single Pack (DLC). I agree that it could have been written somewhat clearer, but I'm pretty sure this is the meaning they intended.
So you are happy inserting the word 'including' prior to ',new aircraft' and respresenting it as a quote? Wow. I always thought quotes were to be quotes not modified sentences. Glad you did good in school. I knew a couple of smart girls in college but they would never tutor me.Ray

You guys have got to be kidding. Commas? Big%20Grin.gif This reminds me of one of my theology classes with profs debating over the syntax of some obscure verb in an ancient Greek codex. :lazy:

Thanks Ray,. .. I also took the most advanced writing classes in college and actually did so well that I tutored other students. I do believe that my conclusion is correct, . . . .
So humor me for minute. Would you also conclude the Maule and P-51 were included in the Hawaii DLC, even though you have to pay extra for either or both? As stated the Hawaii Adventure includes all 8 islands, new airports and new aircraft, missions and much more. It clearly stated the RV-6A was included and the other two would be at additional cost. I would expect something very similar with the 2nd DLC. Maybe one aircraft included and others available if you got the money.Ray
I assume at least one aircraft is included. If you read the sentence again, you will see that "with over 1.2 million sq mi of captivating scenery, new aircraft and additional missions!" So one aircraft is part of the package. But I think they would also release additional aircraft at the same time like when they did for Hawaii.
'xacty what I was thinking. Amazing how great minds parallel. Is yours in the gutter also? :LMAO:Ray

Ray, I was still editing my previous post, while you were posting your reply (I almost never seem to get my meaning down in words correctly on the first try). I can write fairly well . . . but I'm a very slow writer.

So humor me for minute. Would you also conclude the Maule and P-51 were included in the Hawaii DLC, even though you have to pay extra for either or both? As stated the Hawaii Adventure includes all 8 islands, new airports and new aircraft, missions and much more. It clearly stated the RV-6A was included and the other two would be at additional cost.
If you go to https://microsoftfli...us/marketplace/, you will see that Flight's Marketplace is divided into Aircraft and Packs. The Maule and the P-51 are listed under Aircraft . . . and are not part of the Hawaiian DLC.
You guys have got to be kidding. Commas? This reminds me of one of my theology classes with profs debating over the syntax of some obscure verb in an ancient Greek codex.
Stephen I was a Legal Studies / Political Science double major. Commas are extremely important in legal writing. (I don't know of any writing that is more anal than a Law Review.) Edited by Arwen

~ Arwen ~

Home Airfield: KHIE

Ray, I was still editing my previous post, while you were posting your reply (I almost never seem to get my meaning down in words correctly on the first try). I can write fairly well . . . but I'm a very slow writer.If you go to https://microsoftfli...us/marketplace/, you will see that Flight's Marketplace is divided into Aircraft and Packs. The Maule and the P-51 are listed under Aircraft . . . and are not part of the Hawaiian DLC.
That is a week after intro. Let's go fly. Tonight, I want to read the new PMDG 737NGX Tutorial #2 that was released while I was flying in Hawaii upside down. Sounds like a lot of updates came with the SP1c update. I have to download and reinstall all the liveries for the new version to recognize them. By the time I complete that flight correctly everyone will be flying in Alaska and I'll just log on and see where we are.Ray

I hope they won't do a DLC pre-pay option for 15% less and have it on sale 2 weeks later at a lot less.... :rolleyes:
ROFL...too funny...!!!
If you come to south Florida drop me a line, I live on a golf course, plenty of course to chose from down here, don't bring the wine, I got everything, you'r covered.
Florida is on my RV'ing 5th Wheel list but not likely until two years from now....If were both still around, perhaps we can play a round. (pun intended).

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

I hope it doesnt cost more than the Hawaii pack, thats pretty much what i can afford and is willing to pay for it.
Nope, I still don't understand that rationale.If Hawaii is considered expensive, how could one afford FSX Gold itself? It is still available, and costs $70 or so.YES, I can hear you: it "comes with the whole world", except you need to buy ORBX if you really want to enjoy Australia, you need to buy Global FX if you want the whole world in any great detail, you need to be REX if you want your clouds to look any good and not be a slideshow, you needed to wait 3 years for GFX cards powerful enough to run it without getting a mortgage on your house, you need to buy TrafficX or similar to get any decent AI that isn't a slideshow, and good luck landing in Nepal, Tibet, Bhutan or Antarctica - so, NO, you can't "fly anywhere" can you? If you're anything like me, blam, there goes $2,000So what about the fabled ACES-produced FS11 made from pure unicorn fur? Was it going to be free? Would it have been 100% backward compatible with the limited, occasionally flawed datasets from legacy products? Would you need to buy all your add-ons again?Answers to the above: doesn't exist; no; hopefully they weren't planning that; most definitely yes.So you would need to spend... what you will probably spend on MS Flight.And you will enjoy every minute of it!

For perspective, the other 48 states are 3.7 million square miles. At a rate of 1.2 million square miles at a time the who US could be covered in 3 releases. And if each release comes with a new plane or two that would be well worth $60. Not saying that's how it will happen but it is possible.

So what about the fabled ACES-produced FS11 made from pure unicorn fur? Was it going to be free? Would it have been 100% backward compatible with the limited, occasionally flawed datasets from legacy products? Would you need to buy all your add-ons again?
FS11 is Bigfoot. Its never been officially confirmed, and only very few people ever saw it. If it existed or not matters little.

Kevin Miller

3D Artist and developer