Sign in to follow this  
N6330V

SAIL! Possiblly the best Baby Bus Video

Tried a search to make sure this hasn't been posted before and didn't stumble across anything. Pardon me if my search skills are lacking.Enjoy!

(edit) FYI it's an Avianca A318 for those of you wondering.

Yeah, I ran across this vid serveral months ago.. it just oozes "cool" doesn't it? just a great vid with a great music track to go with it.

Ciao!

Nice fitting music too :) Dunno how many times I've watched the video, but I always enjoy it.

Fantastic video!One thing I always wondered, is technically/legally allowed the use of electronic equipment such as mini-cams during flight? AFAIK mobile phones are not allowed, but does it only applies to equipment with antennas?Marco

"Society has become so fake that the truth actually bothers people".

The problem is not with a couple of people using a phone or camera onboard, the problem is making it legal and having 100+ passengers all using them at the same time.

Rob Prest

Great video -- thanks for referencing.Is there normally that much rapid stick-waggling during approach? Why?

Great video -- thanks for referencing.Is there normally that much rapid stick-waggling during approach? Why?
When approaching a runway you need to keep the aircraft lined up with the centreline and on correct glideslope.Because the part you saw was highspeed photography (less frames per second or just sped up on the cutting room floor) you probably thought it was a lot.This is normal.Try a flight in MSFS with gusty winds set to 10 kts and winds set to 5 kts. You will see what I mean. Better still you can go up in a real small aircraft (to be in the cockpit) and see how it feels to fly it.Note: When windy or during lots of thermals (heat pockets due to trees and open ground during peak sunny days) you will see a lot of this minor adjusting on approaches.Daniel

It would've been a good video, unfortunately someone put a horrible airplane in it. This one however is much better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiA0nMiw1ho&feature=youtube_gdata_player

LOL I was banned for negativity like that!!!!The Hornet is merely a downsized Tomcat to suit the bean counters in the Pentagon. The F-4 Phantom is far superior in terms of performance than the Hornet, or Super Hornet.Why Australia and Canada got the F/A 18 for is beyond me since both have a huge land mass. I think Canada would have more land than the US and Australia. Though Australia had two aircraft carriers, it decommissioned the last one in 1982, the HMAS Melbourne http://www.navy.gov.au/HMAS_Melbourne_(II)To me the F-15C Eagle is a far more suitable aircraft to cover the land mass of Canada and Australia. The Eagle flies faster and farther than the Hornet. The Hornet is merely a 'launch and retrieve CAP' aircraft for the Navy, nothing much else.Both videos are nice, but you can't go past the F-15. Israel had one that broke one of its wings and it still managed to get home!!!! An Amazing machine!!This video may not be the best (I don't know) F-15 video on Youtube but it certainly is good!

"..the part you saw was highspeed photography.."Ah, didn't cotton to that -- that makes sense now. Naturally there's be constant adjustments during the landing phase.

When approaching a runway you need to keep the aircraft lined up with the centreline and on correct glideslope.Because the part you saw was highspeed photography (less frames per second or just sped up on the cutting room floor) you probably thought it was a lot.This is normal.Try a flight in MSFS with gusty winds set to 10 kts and winds set to 5 kts. You will see what I mean. Better still you can go up in a real small aircraft (to be in the cockpit) and see how it feels to fly it.Note: When windy or during lots of thermals (heat pockets due to trees and open ground during peak sunny days) you will see a lot of this minor adjusting on approaches.Daniel
When I got my ultralight license it took me quite a few hours to get rid of the way I fly an aircraft in MSFS! :D In MSFS you really lack all the dynamics of the air so you can fly without moving the yoke/stick especially around too much. The ultraligth being, well ultralight, is very much reacting to the smallest change in the air so you are constantly moving the yoke. In the airplane I trained on, a Eurocub, you also have to move the rudders a lot to compensate for what the wind does to you, so all the time my instructor was like, "get your feet going get your feet going". Once you get the hang out of it you do it without thinking, it's just a reaction, but on my first flights as a passenger, I thought I would never be able to handle it! :D

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

When I got my ultralight license it took me quite a few hours to get rid of the way I fly an aircraft in MSFS! :D In MSFS you really lack all the dynamics of the air so you can fly without moving the yoke/stick especially around too much. The ultraligth being, well ultralight, is very much reacting to the smallest change in the air so you are constantly moving the yoke. In the airplane I trained on, a Eurocub, you also have to move the rudders a lot to compensate for what the wind does to you, so all the time my instructor was like, "get your feet going get your feet going". Once you get the hang out of it you do it without thinking, it's just a reaction, but on my first flights as a passenger, I thought I would never be able to handle it! :D
Good post Krister!I was using flight sims a lot when I was growing up but I didn't seem to have the problems you had. I went through a coordination learning curve but that is about it. As there weren't the rudder pedals for sale back then for flight sims, let alone I was going to get one if they worked for the Amiga....As you say, you do fly without thinking, it is like walking. Flying is the most important part of the game. (Game as in duties when you are flying for real) Everything else is secondary, checklists, radio, passenger briefings.....If the crew in the Turkish Airlines 737-800 in Amsterdam had 'flown' the aircraft it would have landed safely. But since they relied on the automation of the aircraft, whatever fault that could get through did and caused the jet to drop onto the ground (stalling). The aircraft was flaring....But even 5 or 6 hours of real flight training can really boost your flight simulation experience. I myself like to think I use FS as a tool to help me keep proficient in flight, instruments and the general operations of aircraft. I know FS doesn't simulate ground checks (like checking your fuel for water or foreign material) but it can help practice instrument flight well.My flight instructor couldn't believe it when I did basic instrument flying (he put the guard on my head so i cannot see outside, if I can remember what the blinding mechanism was) and flew according to the AIS, ALT, and most importantly the AI.About the rudder I find in GA aircraft you only need small applications of rudder. I felt I was lazy on the rudder myself.

About the rudder I find in GA aircraft you only need small applications of rudder. I felt I was lazy on the rudder myself.
Actually,the ultralight I got my license in really was extraordinary when it came to the amount of work you had to do with the feet in order to fly cleanly. A friend who got his UL-license the same time in the same aircraft is also rated on different GA planes and some twin props - he also used to be a CFI - and he also stated that he had never flown an aircraft where you had to be as active with the feet as in the Eurocub! :DI absolutely concur that some real stick time makes you a better sim pilot. When I flew taildraggers in MSFS, I would certainly land but it wasn't pretty and always too fast. Once I started applying what I learned flying for real in the Eurocub, which also is a taildragger, it was like a whole new world opened up! :D Now I can spend literally hours in the circuit over an ORBX airport in my Sibwings Birddog doing touch and goes!

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------