Sign in to follow this  
simbio

Rio de Janeiro, unbelievable, speechless

What does this mean?

Rio is one of the best default sceneries in FSX with lots of custom elements. It doesn't really need a big makeover, but when done like this it is hard to ever fly over the default Rio scenery ever again.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

I don't think so. There are some enhancement files for Sao Paolo.

I've waited years for this scenery to be released and I finally got it last week. It was NOT available at simmarket, but I sent Paulo the money via Paypal and he sent me the download links. I successfully downloaded all the different files (8gig) and put them all together in their folders. I think I put everything where its supposed to go, but I'm not 100% sure.

All I can say is that the RIO area looks amazing. Performance is through the roof, considering the amount of details. It's a must have and I highly recommend it.

I only have a few issues:

1. The water around RIO starts to tile up slowly and change color. If this does not happen with the simmarket version, I probably installed this wrong.

2. I get some shimmering lines at SBRJ.

3. Away from the RIO airport its mainly plain photoscenery, but Paolo mentioned he was going to add some enhancements.

I'm hoping to remove most of the photo scenery and just keep the RIO area intact. I'll ask Paolo for help. He has been extremely helpful and I'm grateful he created Mega Rio 2012.

Thanks for the info DJ!

Hi guys. Please can someone explain what to do when setup asks for the path to continue the download.

X-Plane11

GTX1070 8GB Vram - i7 4770K cpu @3.5GHz Quad core - 16GB RAM

Mega Rio has some nice enhancements to SBGL, though I prefer the Tropicalsim rendition. They work together seamlessly. You'll have to remove some files from Mega Rio, but it's very easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could you please be more specific. I have no clue which files have to be deactivated/removed. How did you find out.

Thanks

Harry

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Hi guys. Please can someone explain what to do when setup asks for the path to continue the download.

Hi Please disregard my question. All ok now.

X-Plane11

GTX1070 8GB Vram - i7 4770K cpu @3.5GHz Quad core - 16GB RAM

Could you please be more specific. I have no clue which files have to be deactivated/removed. How did you find out.

Thanks

Harry

It's probably in the documentation or otherwise best to ask Paolo. I have to search for the instructions. I believe it's just a matter of deleting (rename to .off) the SBGL files.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg

I think he sold his sceneries outside simMarket and others because of piracy. Some Brazilians, no offense, like a free lunch now and then and some previous works Paulo did ended up in some blog sites. I must assume that to avoid this he marked some files and when it ended in some torrent or blog sites he would know where the leak came from. I bought all 5 packages he made, including Mega Rio, and received them by mail. It was so fantastic that I had to buy the one in simMarket. Yes, now I have two copies of the same scenery, but what Paulo did goes beyond what you usually see and get from other developers and for a very, in my opinion, low price. The great thing is that Paulo promised more and more updates for this scenery and he's just one guy doing this. Well, now he's gone global and I do wish he sells a lot.

Cheers,

Joe

Nope not impressed..Looks good but not great..Maybe cause I'm spoiled by Fly Tampas's Add-ons !!!

Nope not impressed..Looks good but not great..Maybe cause I'm spoiled by Fly Tampas's Add-ons !!!

Well, if you're comparing Paulo's work to Fly Tampa then it's a sign he makes pretty good stuff.