Sign in to follow this  
simbio

Rio de Janeiro, unbelievable, speechless

Why would they invest such work into it just not to release it ever.

It beats me. It's been almost 2 years. LOL I hope you know that I was just joking.

Here's another scenery that I have waited WAY too long for it to be released:

http://www.sunskyjet.com/forums/index.php?topic=579.180

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Ah, Simbiosi, you could do just as good Big%20Grin.gif . I think it will be released just in time for the Olympics.... I am talkin' about the 2016 in Rio, ha!

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

There is also a freeware version of Rio being worked on by Newton which can be viewed at this link (same forum). http://www.terra-brasilis.org/forum/index.php?topic=2544.0 The freeware one by has been worked on for 2 years now, but the one by Paulo Richardo to my knowledge has only been in developement for a short time by comparison to the Newton version, however the one by Paulo will most likely be more complex than the freeware version. The one by Paulo will be payware and you will have to transfer money via something like Zoom. Once he receives the payment he will send you a CD. This is the same way he did with his Mega Sao Paulo which I ordered a few years ago and has since be replaced with a newer version which is also a payware update. When I ordered Mega Sao Paulo it took about 2 weeks to complete the whole process of getting him the money then having him send the CD's. Due to it not being done through an actual online store or market place, some people might feel a bit uncomfortable doing business this way.

Personally, I am holding out for the freeware version since it will probably perform a bit better and it will be setup as a freeware download like his RiodejanieroV9.zip was for FS9. I will be interested to see from anyone who buys this package from Paulo to report back and let us know how it performs with something like the NGX and some AI in the picture. Personally I dont doubt it will be fine with some light GA birds, but that looks like a lot of polys to push when flying a complex airliner and still get FPS over 20.

Only time will tell once some one gets a copy in their hands, loads it up with an airliner and reports back. It sure does look nice though!!!

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Here's another scenery that I have waited WAY too long for it to be released:

http://www.sunskyjet...p?topic=579.180

Yeah I dont know what the hold up is on that. On May 29th Shez said "Update: I have the RC version but away on holiday/work so it will be a few weeks before release. Ian might release it with feedback from other beta testers."

I guess that either Shez is still on holiday/work or the beta testers found a problem. Or, maybe they decided it's so good that they are going to turn it into a payware release.

That scenery looks promissing! And beautiful too! Looking forward to it's release! ;-)

374968.png

FSX on Intel C2D E8400 @ 3.2GHz | GeForce 9600GT 1GB | 8 GB RAM DDR2 800MHz | 30fps ;-)

Here we go again I think it will be the best scenery ever made.

Fabulous scenery! Great video too but what's with the 'funny' music...?? Has as much to do with Rio as a Dodo with flying :rolleyes:

This would suit much better :

Jan

Looks fantastic! all we need now is in updated high detailed payware santos dumont airport. :smile:

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

This looks really good. I just bought Tropical Sim's SBGL so I can hardly wait. I don't like this payment option and delivery on CD. I have never purchased anything for FSX that I could not download. It seems fly-by-night to not at least pay with credit card. Almost everywhere I shop I use Paypal. This might be worth the inconvience. Sounds like you trust him Sean.

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

This looks really good. I just bought Tropical Sim's SBGL so I can hardly wait. I don't like this payment option and delivery on CD. I have never purchased anything for FSX that I could not download. It seems fly-by-night to not at least pay with credit card. Almost everywhere I shop I use Paypal. This might be worth the inconvience. Sounds like you trust him Sean.

Yeah it took me a little while to talk myself into sending a stranger money via Zoom, but everyone on the terra-brasilis forum knows him and know that he's not some fly by night operator. However, it did take some time to get the CD's after he received the money which made me worry a little, but he responded to all my emails and I eventually got the CD's for Sao Paulo. The one thing that is kind of a set back or hard to keep up with, is that he sends updates via email and if you dont speak or understand Portuguese you will need to google translate everything to make sure you understand. The guy does speak English, but his updates are always in Portuguese.

Having said that, I would prefer he start using some type of addon shop like simmarket or equivalent where you could either pick a DVD for shipping or get download links. I personally always go for the download option on all my addons since I dont need or like collecting boxes or box sets of addon software, not to mention waiting on the product to arrive in the mail.

As much as I like his version of Rio, I will probably wait and try the freeware version of MegaRio V1 for FSX being developed by Newton on the same site. His will probably be a little more FPS friendly and if it looks good enough I will probably just stick to that for now.

Don't worry about the scenery performance guys. I own the latest Mega São Paulo(also made by Paulo) and even that Mega Rio is not ready yet I'm sure it's gonna be absolutelly great on FPS.

Paulo is making Rio the same way he made São Paulo. According to what he told me it's the same technique used by FlyTampa in Honk Kong / Kai-Tak. In other words: several buildings and great FPS.

You can see below a few pics of a flight I did to Paulo's Mega São Paulo some time ago.

FPS counting is not visible but in my PC it never goes under 22 using iFly's 737.

My rig is: i7 860 @ 3.7ghz - GTX 560 SC 2GB - 8GB Ram 1600 mhz

SBPA-SBSP12.jpg

SBPA-SBSP11.jpg

SBPA-SBSP10.jpg

I don't get it, why would he not work with a publisher like PCAviator or Flight1 or Aerosoft? His sale would go viral...even if he gets paid less per instance, he would increase his revenue. Basic economics 101

He has Sao Paulo already and no one knows about it? Whats the point? Someone ought to help him.

This looks like someone else did this?

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Wow! Looks great. I never fly much in South America, but I might have to give this one a try.

Is there an English site were you can buy this stuff? It looks great but I'd rather but something from Simmarket or similar. Their English forums do not seem to get a lot of traffic.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Yeah it took me a little while to talk myself into sending a stranger money via Zoom, but everyone on the terra-brasilis forum knows him and know that he's not some fly by night operator. However, it did take some time to get the CD's after he received the money which made me worry a little, but he responded to all my emails and I eventually got the CD's for Sao Paulo. The one thing that is kind of a set back or hard to keep up with, is that he sends updates via email and if you dont speak or understand Portuguese you will need to google translate everything to make sure you understand. The guy does speak English, but his updates are always in Portuguese.

Having said that, I would prefer he start using some type of addon shop like simmarket or equivalent where you could either pick a DVD for shipping or get download links. I personally always go for the download option on all my addons since I dont need or like collecting boxes or box sets of addon software, not to mention waiting on the product to arrive in the mail.

As much as I like his version of Rio, I will probably wait and try the freeware version of MegaRio V1 for FSX being developed by Newton on the same site. His will probably be a little more FPS friendly and if it looks good enough I will probably just stick to that for now.

Thanks,

Maybe he will start using a vendor if he feels that the market will justify. The other part is the I am just impatient, I am used to instantaneous. I am with you on the freeware version. I have been following the progress an it looks promising.

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg