Sign in to follow this  
simbio

Rio de Janeiro, unbelievable, speechless

Very good. On my system I average around 25fps while with the same settings in the PNW I get around 15fps in the NGX.

That's pretty good, especially considering that you get around 10 more in Rio than PNW.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Very good. On my system I average around 25fps while with the same settings in the PNW I get around 15fps in the NGX.

Frank, I forgot to ask you, does this product cover the north western side of Rio where SBGL is and if so is there any enhancement to the airport or just a new AFCAD. The reason I ask is because I have TrpoicalSim's SBGL installed and wondered if it would work ok with it or if I would either have to disbable it or parts of it.

Frank, I forgot to ask you, does this product cover the north western side of Rio where SBGL is and if so is there any enhancement to the airport or just a new AFCAD. The reason I ask is because I have TrpoicalSim's SBGL installed and wondered if it would work ok with it or if I would either have to disbable it or parts of it.

Mega Rio has some nice enhancements to SBGL, though I prefer the Tropicalsim rendition. They work together seamlessly. You'll have to remove some files from Mega Rio, but it's very easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg

Mega Rio has some nice enhancements to SBGL, though I prefer the Tropicalsim rendition. They work together seamlessly. You'll have to remove some files from Mega Rio, but it's very easy.

Thanks Frank, much appreciated.

This package at simmarket also includes his sao Paolo scenery too? That is a heck of a deal for $40 if that is the case.

This package at simmarket also includes his sao Paolo scenery too? That is a heck of a deal for $40 if that is the case.

I don't think so. There are some enhancement files for Sao Paolo.

I've waited years for this scenery to be released and I finally got it last week. It was NOT available at simmarket, but I sent Paulo the money via Paypal and he sent me the download links. I successfully downloaded all the different files (8gig) and put them all together in their folders. I think I put everything where its supposed to go, but I'm not 100% sure.

All I can say is that the RIO area looks amazing. Performance is through the roof, considering the amount of details. It's a must have and I highly recommend it.

I only have a few issues:

1. The water around RIO starts to tile up slowly and change color. If this does not happen with the simmarket version, I probably installed this wrong.

2. I get some shimmering lines at SBRJ.

3. Away from the RIO airport its mainly plain photoscenery, but Paolo mentioned he was going to add some enhancements.

I'm hoping to remove most of the photo scenery and just keep the RIO area intact. I'll ask Paolo for help. He has been extremely helpful and I'm grateful he created Mega Rio 2012.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Don't get too excited about this Rio project, since it seems Mr Ricardo is only prepared to make his sceneries available to people in Brasil. I contacted him some time ago to try and purchase his full set of photo sceneries, after exchanging various emails and requesting he forward details of where payment should be made, I never heard from him again. I even suggested that if selling and delivering his sceneries due to their size became a problem he could always arrange to sell them via Simmarket or any other commercial Simulation outlet. - Nada.

So announcing a simulator scenery that won't be widely available for purchase by those in this community who would like to be able to do so, stops me from having any respect for the author, no matter how good his work may be.

Don't get too excited about this Rio project, since it seems Mr Ricardo is only prepared to make his sceneries available to people in Brasil. I contacted him some time ago to try and purchase his full set of photo sceneries, after exchanging various emails and requesting he forward details of where payment should be made, I never heard from him again. I even suggested that if selling and delivering his sceneries due to their size became a problem he could always arrange to sell them via Simmarket or any other commercial Simulation outlet. - Nada.

So announcing a simulator scenery that won't be widely available for purchase by those in this community who would like to be able to do so, stops me from having any respect for the author, no matter how good his work may be.

Is there a reason I can't get this from Simarket? I just looked it up, and it's for sale. As to always replying back to E-mails, I sometimes don't either. Doesn't mean I'm a bad guy. I just don't get into the constant every day E-mail conversations that some do. Besides, maybe he just wasn't feeling that the scenery was ready. But never mind, as this scenery sure looks good to me.

L.Adamson

His method of selling was the weakness in his products, now that he has gone to a global FS specialized retailer I can see people actually enjoying his beautiful sceneries, instead of trying to understand how to pay him and get his stuff over thousands of e-mails.

Alexis Mefano

To counter balance, I contacted the author and got a reply within 24 hours.... I asked how the payment should be made and he sent me the paypal address.... I made payment and less than 12 hours after, he sent me the link where to download the install files... There are 4 files (2GB each) and it takes a bit of attention to install following the instructions. Today everything works fine and this scenery is SUPERB. A must have.

too much, too soon....

It was definitely a poor method for payment and distribution, but now that it is on Simmarket I happily purchased it last night. Looking forward to checking it out.

- Aaron

Looks awesome. Makes even one of the best default areas in FSX look terrible.

What does this mean?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Don't get too excited about this Rio project, since it seems Mr Ricardo is only prepared to make his sceneries available to people in Brasil.

If you didn't notice this Rio project was already released at Simmarket.

Well an apology is in order since I wasn't aware it was now in Simmarket, until today I had not seen in the Fly sim websites any announcement as to its availability not even in Simmarket where I have an account. I stand for remainder of my post. Pao if you got a quick reply and his paypal account details, then good for you, obviously not all of us were getting the same excellent service. Anyway, since part of his sceneries are now available in Simmmarket, all this is beside the point.