Sign in to follow this  
fs_av

XPX or Prepar3d Academic ?

What's a better deal, XPX or the Prepar3D Academic with an eye towards the future ?How can one pass up on Prepar3d Academic at $50 vs XPX at $79 ?http://www.prepar3d....par3d-academic/Prepar3d Features

• Virtual world with 40 high-detail cities and more than 24,900 airports
  • Environment includes highway, air and maritime vehicles and traffic
  • Realistic livestock and wild animals
  • Accurate topography with regionally appropriate textures
  • Modifiable real-time weather system, continuous time of day, seasons and a variety of lighting effects
  • Expandable library of vehicle models
  • Customizable, data driven graphics and models

Uses

• Classroom
  • Home
  • Educational programs, such as summer camps and after school programs

Price : $49.95

ZOMG, 'Realistic livestock and wild animals'!!! I'm sold :(

UsesClassroomHomeEducational programs, such as summer camps and after school programs
Current posted EULA"1. License Grant. Subject to the terms and conditions of this EULA, Licensor hereby grants Licensee a fully paid-up, nontransferable, nonsublicensable, nonexclusive license during the Term of this EULA to use the Software, but only on no more than one computer at any one time, only by no more than one user at any one time, and only for purposes other than personal/consumer entertainment."

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

What's a better deal, XPX or the Prepar3D Academic with an eye towards the future ?How can one pass up on Prepar3d Academic at $50 vs XPX at $79 ?http://www.prepar3d....par3d-academic/Prepar3d Features
  • Virtual world with 40 high-detail cities and more than 24,900 airports
  • Environment includes highway, air and maritime vehicles and traffic
  • Realistic livestock and wild animals
  • Accurate topography with regionally appropriate textures
  • Modifiable real-time weather system, continuous time of day, seasons and a variety of lighting effects
  • Expandable library of vehicle models
  • Customizable, data driven graphics and models

Uses

• Classroom
  • Home
  • Educational programs, such as summer camps and after school programs

Price : $49.95

Seems like you've made up your mind.By all means, have fun with it!

Seems like you've made up your mind.By all means, have fun with it!
Seems like ? You just have to draw conclusions on the very little I say, if anything or based on incomplete information ?The question is, MUST YOU ?I made up my mind over a decade to get X-plane and have been supporting X-plane, Austin and Laminar ever since ! Needless to say, the fulfilment of the potential or lack there of leaves a lot to be desired. XPX just broke the camels back.Let me ask you this : Have you ever played with or owned FS2004 (FS9) or FSX ?
ZOMG, 'Realistic livestock and wild animals'!!! I'm sold
In addition to "Virtual world with 40 high-detail cities and more than 24,900 airports".All that from Lockheed Martin, no less.Wonder when XPX will get to that; forget about livestock and wild animals - other than birds, that is !

I don't know Prepar3d, but it look like a game for me.So I would say go with XPX. As a private pilot myself I truly enjoy the realism of this sim. This is not a game anymore, but a true flight environment very close to what you should expect in real life. The flight model is just fantastic. Overall very promising. Whatever you choose, take it seriously.Keep your eyes in the cockpit looking forward, and don't be that kind of simmer looking at their tail and fooling around in 3d cockpit all the time. There so much to do in the cockpit.Have fun

Geez, come on, enough with the license stuff for P3d. We have been told in the past that license issues are out of bounds so give it a rest please. As far as p3d vs xpx. It's basically fsx vs xpx so you already know where you sit on it. p3d doesnt really bring anything new to the table at the moment unless you know for sure it has a bug fix for a specific problem you have. So right now p3d is not really bringing anything new to the market. I will be looking for version 2 for any large changes.

Seems like ? You just have to draw conclusions on the very little I say, if anything or based on incomplete information ?The question is, MUST YOU ?
I don't understand what you're saying or asking here.
Let me ask you this : Have you ever played with or owned FS2004 (FS9) or FSX ?
Yup!Every MSFS version since FS5 up to and including FSX, along with a small fortune spent on various payware to make it all look pretty AND more money on my Saitek equipment. AND I also tried Prepar3d for a month.Saw a video of JRollons CRJ while it was being made, just over 3 years ago, tried the demo of XP9 when it was at 9.22, and never looked back.You're point?

Ive spent a few months with P3d and six + years with FSX and tons of addons. I was able to get most of my FSX addons to work in P3d. Some things like reality XP GPS and UTX were stuff I was never able to get to work with P3d. Everything else worked just fine. It ran slightly smotther than FSX, but not as smooth as XPX. Once I got a few addon planes and scenery fror XPX, I un-installed P3d and FSX with all my addons, and Ive spent about $250 worth in XPX addons in the last 2 months with more to go. I have no intentions of going back to P3d or FSX at this point. I found the sim that works best for me. However, I think P3d and FSX are fine sims and properly configired, can be great fun. If I had to chose between FSX and P3d, Id go with P3d. The improvements they made with the shaders model are noticable enough to be worth it, Plus they will eventually offer DX11 support down the road. Rob

Every MSFS version since FS5 up to and including FSX, along with a small fortune spent on various payware to make it all look pretty....
First, learn English, with particular stress on writing and comprehension.Since you do admit to playing with or owning FSX, which, todate, I haven't played with or owned, you don't have a problem with my looking at possible alternatives to XPX, DO YOU ? Needless to say, if you haven't surmised as much from my posts thus far, XPX todate, leaves a lot to be desired. And I am not alone in that conclusion.

First, learn English, with particular stress on writing.Since you do admit to playing with or owning FSX, which, todate, I haven't played with or owned, you don't have a problem with my looking at possible alternatives to XPX, DO YOU ? Needless to say, if you haven't surmised as much from my posts thus far, XPX todate, leaves a lot to be desired. And I am not alone in that conclusion.
Oh, we're having an English class are we?Ok, it's "to date". Not "todate".Heck, if I knew I was going to be tested, I would have studied and dressed appropriately. Perhaps you could apply for a moderators position at avsim. Your official title could be "English Teacher".Would you like to waste more time with patronizing remarks or would you like to continue on your endless crusade to get X Plane to a point that will never be to your satisfaction?Or we could actually TRY to have a civilized discussion.I'm all for Option 3!Now, idiotic and patronizing statements aside, I absolutely have no qualms at you looking at, researching, experimenting, developing for any sim for any platform from any era. If I was going to start talking about how attractive P3D was looking, I would do it in the P3D forums. But that's just me. Doing it in these forums just shows me that you are full of spite. Hey, I could be wrong. But I call it as I see it. Going by your past posts, I think I'm right.To you, XPX leaves a lot to be desired. To me, I enjoy simming in it. I enjoy developing for it. I know all issues will be addressed, as they have been for the past decade with every version.And guess what? I'm not alone in THATconclusion.

Oh, we're having an English class are we?Ok, it's "to date". Not "todate".
Not quite. Just take some classes.
I absolutely have no qualms at you looking at, researching, experimenting, developing for any sim for any platform from any era.
THANK YOU ! Just answering the question simply would have sufficed.Thank you for your kind permission. I thought I'd have a sleepless night thinking about what i will do without your permission.*********************************************************************************************************************************@ Commanche, thank you for your opinion. Much appreciated.

Not quite. Just take some classes.
to date...http://www.thefreedi...ary.com/to+date(scroll down)todate...http://www.thefreedi...nary.com/todate :( :Whistle:I know a good english tutor. I can put you in touch with her. Just PM me your details.
THANK YOU ! Just answering the question simply would have sufficed.Thank you for your kind permission. I thought I'd have a sleepless night thinking about what i will do without your permission.*********************************************************************************************************************************
Well, you asked.See?
you don't have a problem with my looking at possible alternatives to XPX, DO YOU ?
Enjoy your day and sleep well, boss-man!

If a person already owns fsx then why buy P3D? It seems like you're buying fsx all over again but at a higher price and lower compatibility.

If a person already owns fsx then why buy P3D? It seems like you're buying fsx all over again but at a higher price and lower compatibility.
I assume you're asking me, "carrot".Quite simple, really.I paid for a 1 month, non-recurring license. $10.I wanted to see it, try it, fly it and see if there were any glaring differences to FSX.$10 is a small price to pay for some information about the competition. Even if it's very similar to FSX.