Sign in to follow this  

Boeing 757 and 767

Boeing 757/767  

443 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like PMDG to develop a Boeing 757 and 767 for FSX?

Now when you say it's quite hard to believe that we have been waiting so long. I mean the 757 has been announced since a very long time and the last post about it was 598 days ago... The latest screenshot was 722 days ago. This is a bit too much... For comparison 5 new Call of duty games have been developed since the announcement of the 757. I know that they are much bigger but they do much more programming as well... The Level-D 757 is dead until proven otherwise.

Manfred G.

Ships are cooler that you think.

To bad there isn't some nifty PMDG airplane replicator that we could buy and just tell it to spit out what ever kind of plane we want!! That's what they should build next. Eh?I voted no to this poll because of the many reasons already listed. Personally, I'd rather see PMDG's time be used in projects like the 787 and the T7 variants and the 747 V2. That's plenty of work right there plus the DC-6 makes for lots of happy PMDG customers. Hopefully LVL-D comes through and surprises us all with a quality sim for those aging Boeings.Can't help but wonder what PMDG's internal development road-map looks like. I betcha it wouldn't disappoint very many people.

Now when you say it's quite hard to believe that we have been waiting so long. I mean the 757 has been announced since a very long time and the last post about it was 598 days ago... The latest screenshot was 722 days ago. This is a bit too much... For comparison 5 new Call of duty games have been developed since the announcement of the 757. I know that they are much bigger but they do much more programming as well... The Level-D 757 is dead until proven otherwise.
Well the COD reference isn't completely sound. Activision hasn't really done anything new either...nobody would want LDS to release the 767 five different times...at least LDS is working on something different haha.

Guys-We have a 737 NG series, we will have the 777-200LR and the 300ER (and maybe some other variants too..) the 747-400/F and the 747-8i/F not to forget the MD11/F and the DC6...For me, that's enough for the next 12-15 months so let's just go out and fly. I'm pretty sure Don Salvatore has something in mind for the next project after the -8i/F that will blow our minds away if they will tell us ;-)

regards,

Alexander Marx

One of the LDS devs said, just a few days ago in their forums, that there WILL be an LDS 757. Aaaaaand.... That's about all he had today about it :-)

I've seen it stated that there is a relationship between Level D and PMDG.So no 75 or 76...737? Check747? Check777? CheckSo what's left? 707, 717, (720) 727, 757, 767 and the 787.707 (720) and the 727 are classics which I would not bet on seeing from PMDG.757 and 767 are reserved for Level D. In my opinion, if you can't pull the trigger on developing something in several years then perhaps you could let someone who CAN, do it.787? I would think that's the only Boeing left.Airbus aircraft? A320, A330, A340 and A380. (The A319 and A321 should be considered A320s for the purposes of FSX modelling) Im not sure what FSLabs has coming, but I'm pretty sure a A320 PMDG is not up for consideration.We're running out of jets... In fact, how many "popular" jet airliners are left? Some may argue CRJ and E jets. Ok, but is the data needed by PMDG easily accessible? Same thing with Russian planes. (My dreams of a An225 will never be realized... sigh)There aren't that many "popular" commercial, jet, aircraft left that have not been modelled in FSX. Certainly not that many Boeing aircraft remaining ( a condition that is aggrevated by a honorable agreement with another developer)... I'm very interested to see the direction PMDG will go.Last point; FSX does not have an unlimited life cycle. WIth the program being 6 years old, I doubt we can stay with the same program for another 6... In my opinion, add on developers of FSX need to increase the speed of development as the FSX window is closing. How fast the window is closing is the question.

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

Level-D is fully able and actually producing a 757... Maybe a future 767?So why this? I don't understand....And as mentioned, we have a 757 in the pipes from Level-D... Why not just sit back and enjoy the ride?
Developing aircraft in a Microsoft is a competitive field, and even RSR said during the Munich conference "3+ years to develop an aircraft is a business model that just doesn't work."Have you actually seen the one and only LDS 757 screenshot? It looks dated...because it's 3+ years old. Level-d has stated they don't develop planes as a full-time job, they only work on it outside their normal jobs.That's fine, but it also means I'm not holding my breath for a LDS 757 that has updated graphics. Level-d can't compete anymore with PMDG's new business model.According to PMDG, it now has the time, tools, resources, and money to put out quality aircraft in a year or less.Can't say the same for Level-d. Again, it's ok because both developers have different business models and different goals.

Actually, I do. Truthfully, NOTHING even compares... NOTHING. They really have the market that I am, front and center, representative of, cornered. If anything, the most recent videos of the Aerosoft event in Munich convince me that PMDG can, and should, just soak up all the high-level talent in the flight SIMULATOR add-on market and just expand the team out.LevelD will always be worthy of our respect, but that route is essentially dead. PMDG, on the other hand, are on fire.
Have you seen the Majestic Q400? I think that about out performs the NGX. LDS is out dated, and that is why I bought the CS 767. What a mistake that was. For the 757 I love my QW, but I'm too spoiled by the NGX to fly it and enjoy it like I use to.

PMDG a B767 or B757 please!!!!! The Level D B767 is old and it`s FMC doesnt even work in VC. Also model more engines! PW and RR which never was done by the guys at Level D.

What about doing the 747-200 for FSX?? realy miss my old RFP 742

If PMDG really is holding off on a 757 out of friendship with Level D then perhaps they could give Level D a friendly nudge and suggest that the higher-ups there make an official announcement about the expected release date.

The continued bleating of "The 757 is coming" by the Level D mouthspiece, without giving any credible facts to back it up is worse than a joke - its a total lack of respect.

Worse - imagine that PMDG really would like to do a 757 - but cant because Level D wont tell them about their time-scale - thats a pretty one-sided friendhip if you ask me - and we are the ones who will lose out.