Sign in to follow this  
scruffyduck

The BIG Suggestions List

Another suggestion:

A shortcut key to display/hide the HUD.

Shift + Z would be good (just like FSX).

Thanks to the mods for pinning this. I will make a new update over the weekend to reflect the new suggestions over the past couple of weeks

One more for the UI:

Resizable chat window and different colors for the individual players' text messages

One more for the UI:

Resizable chat window and different colors for the individual players' text messages

+1

My suggestion:

A new feature of the map to find the radial of a VOR on which a certain airport is located.

Note:

Currently, the map is scrolled by clicking, then dragging. However, when clicking on a point of interest like an airport or a VOR, the map does NOT scroll when dragging. THIS IS GREAT and a prerequisite for my idea.

Implementation ideas:

(1) Simple variant

When clicking on a VOR and then dragging, an arrow is drawn from the VOR to the current mouse location. Next to the arrow, the radial is displayed numerically. If the mouse button is released, the arrow and numeric value disappear.

(2) More complex variant

Works as described above, but the arrow and numeric value remain on the map after the mouse button is released. Several arrows can be shown simultaneously, triangulating an airport's position. Every arrow may have a little "hide" button ("X" in a circle, maybe positioned at half the arrow's length).

This feature suggestion was, of course, inspired by The Big VOR Topic. I believe it could add a great deal of value to the map, with relatively little development time required (?) and with no risk of confusing beginners.

My suggestion:

All Microsoft Flight Simulators that I remember have an issue on the rudder. The rudder does not act the way it should be. In the next example I will explain turning left, the same result while turning to the right.

When I press the pedal to the left the plane begins to slide to the right, with the nose pointing to the left. When I release the pedal the nose goes back to the opposite side violently.

The way it should be:

Left turn, the plane starts to turn to the left with his nose to the left, if I release the pedal, the plane stops turning the nose stay in the last position. Done.

For the record:

I am a commercial pilot in a Piper Seneca II, so I know what I am talking.

I have used the Flight Simulator since version 95, and I've always noticed this wrong behavior. Please do not wanna see answers like: "you have to setup the pedals," or "you must modify the FSUIPC".

Please fix this error.

Someone should inherit host permissions when the host exits instead of every one getting booted out of multiplayer,

My suggestion:

All Microsoft Flight Simulators that I remember have an issue on the rudder. The rudder does not act the way it should be. In the next example I will explain turning left, the same result while turning to the right.

When I press the pedal to the left the plane begins to slide to the right, with the nose pointing to the left. When I release the pedal the nose goes back to the opposite side violently.

The way it should be:

Left turn, the plane starts to turn to the left with his nose to the left, if I release the pedal, the plane stops turning the nose stay in the last position. Done.

For the record:

I am a commercial pilot in a Piper Seneca II, so I know what I am talking.

I have used the Flight Simulator since version 95, and I've always noticed this wrong behavior. Please do not wanna see answers like: "you have to setup the pedals," or "you must modify the FSUIPC".

Please fix this error.

Reported this during Beta, a bunch of people commented it and said that the behaviour in th FS is the same like in real life.... Experts :Nerd:

I realy like where Flight seems to be going, But we NEED to get State Side ASAP. If we ever get to fly the lower 48 and the sencery and Aircraft Modeling remain as good, I'll buy anything that is not Jet powered

OldFunFlyer

The list has been updated today May 16, 2012. The full details are in the openingspost.

H001. Native Track IR support. One of the most asked for additions. (Note that the Flight Team have indicated that they are actively looking at this. However be aware that this does not consitute a commitment to deliver it at any specific point.)

+100 !

Thought I would just emphasize this again as I have been relatively quiet on this since learning the team has indicated they are seriously looking at this. I know some read these forums , and this would so increase the level of immersion in this sim for me, and undoubtedly many, many others. I am still very hopefull we will see this - I just hope sooner, rather than much later.

Jon - I have perused the list a couple of times and maybe I am overlooking it - is the working toe brake axis assignments included in this list? I know there are many that have toe brakes on their rudder pedals that would really appreciate this - in fact, I have a new set of pedals on the way to me, and for the first time I too will have available toe brakes.

Thanks for all the work you have done and continue to do on this!

Thought I would just emphasize this again as I have been relatively quiet on this since learning the team has indicated they are seriously looking at this. I know some read these forums , and this would so increase the level of immersion in this sim for me, and undoubtedly many, many others. I am still very hopefull we will see this - I just hope sooner, rather than much later.

You can put all your 100 Micro Bucks on this at the new suggestions vote thread.

Jon - I have perused the list a couple of times and maybe I am overlooking it - is the working toe brake axis assignments included in this list? I know there are many that have toe brakes on their rudder pedals that would really appreciate this - in fact, I have a new set of pedals on the way to me, and for the first time I too will have available toe brakes.

I am not sure it is specifically mentioned

Thanks for all the work you have done and continue to do on this!

y'all are most welcome

There are like 5-6 points in different categories for the same issue,a lot of things that could be put together.

Like declutter information displayed on the screen. HUD, Cargo/pax info and so on...

There are like 5-6 points in different categories for the same issue,a lot of things that could be put together.

Like declutter information displayed on the screen. HUD, Cargo/pax info and so on...

I agree. I plan to do some rationalizing before the next update. If y'all spot duplicate then let me know and I will correct things

Related to: E016 Make windsocks more visible, and S006 Windsocks at the smaller "field" airstrips... it would be nice to see larger windsocks similar to the one at Molokai.