Sign in to follow this  
scruffyduck

The BIG Suggestions List

S012 - make scenery DLC available faster than every 3 months.

At least in the beginning to populate the world faster. hawaii is nice, sure. but I am getting bored and need some new stuff real soon. didn't fly much the last 3 weeks what tells a lot to those who know me. they should have come up with some 3 to 4 nice DLC within the first month, then there would have been lots to do for many and the next DLC could have come some months later. but right now, just boring. my 2 cents. and yes, I know this suggestion comes both (too) late for a development cycle and is possibly just wishful thinking.

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Just see there is A018 but having used the Ctr-Q hint the first time with the P40 I wonder why MS did not right away add a static but at least accessible cockpit. So add

A020: If no VC aircraft are made available then the default cockpit view shall not be in front of the engine but rather the regular cockpit view even if gauges and cockpit are static. the sensation of flying is completely different if not better when racing with the P40 from 'manual' cockpit view via Ctr-Q, especially when panning around.

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

I doubt they will move the default Cockpit view to the faux cockpit because then people would complain about the low-res textures and the gauges not working, not to mention that their "No cockpit view is included" warning would have to be changed to "There is a cockpit, but it looks bad and nothing works." That sounds even worse, from a marketing stand-point.

If you would like to have your own permanent "cockpit" view in the warbirds, I suggest enabling the Screenshot camera and resetting it's starting location to the faux cockpit with the InitialXyz parameter.

Have someone on the Flight team go through all the aircraft stats in the Hangar and correct them. Some of them like speeds and glide ratios are clearly incorrect.

I agree. I plan to do some rationalizing before the next update. If y'all spot duplicate then let me know and I will correct things

Hi Jon, as Microsoft are updating Flight with fixes and improvements, I think it's worth while providing such indication where Microsoft have looking at something and mentioned if it's being fixed or has been fixed or if we know MS are looking at the issue is a more formal way - i.e. table. My point is it would be a shame to just delete the items when Microsoft have included a feature but to show them as fixed and move to the end oif the list - it's a great way of showing MS really care and have looked at a feature what was requested. Anyway maybe getting too far ahead of myself, but we now know the Alaska inspired **le update will affect some big items so it's a start.

Cheers,

Dave.

A record should be kept of everything on this list that MS does take of... either by simply flagging it in the list, or better yet by moving it to a new section at the end for "Incorporated Suggestions."

...to be pointed at when people complain that they don't listen to anything the users say.

I agree folks. I wil ltry and get an update done. I want to make sure that the Flight Team are up to date as well. At the moment I am holding off talking to them until they get Alaska out the door!

A few more suggestions:

a) For weight/distance calculations on the fuel selection screen, display the range distance in nautical miles (instead of the user's regional setting). For example, for me, the distance for jobs is displayed in NM but the fuel range distance shows kms. I believe something like this was mentioned before but I didn't see it in the current suggestion list.

B) Rudder trim seems to be too oversensitive (even after modifications to the config file). For example, if the plane has a left turning tendency for one reason or another, even one unit of rudder trim to the right is way too much and causes the plane to turn sharply to the right.

c) When on a mission or job, the indicator shows a 'Departure Runway'. However, if you cross any runway on the way to the Departure Runway, the indicator shuts off and tells you to take off... Seems like if it tells you to use runway x to take off, it should probably wait until you get to that runway before telling you to take off.

c) When on a mission or job, the indicator shows a 'Departure Runway'. However, if you cross any runway on the way to the Departure Runway, the indicator shuts off and tells you to take off... Seems like if it tells you to use runway x to take off, it should probably wait until you get to that runway before telling you to take off.

Gosh, I hope they don't "fix" this one... it would screw people like me who turn off the Destination Marker and like taxiing the plane ourselves rather than just hitting "Skip to Waypoint." It would also be hard on people that like being able to take off on the runway facing into the wind, which isn't always the one with the Destination Marker.

Not being forced to use a specific and arbitrarily-selected runway is a good thing.

Gosh, I hope they don't "fix" this one... it would screw people like me who turn off the Destination Marker and like taxiing the plane ourselves rather than just hitting "Skip to Waypoint." It would also be hard on people that like being able to take off on the runway facing into the wind, which isn't always the one with the Destination Marker.

Not being forced to use a specific and arbitrarily-selected runway is a good thing.

Hmm.. I never thought of that... ideally they could have an ground ATC function that could give taxiway and runway instructions... that would involve much more complexity presumably though.

It would be nice if there was an easy toggle button for the notifications for things like this... I leave them on because sometimes I do need them (some of those strips are so hard to find!!) but it would be better if I could leave them off and easily turn them on to give a hint if really needed.

For the destination marker, it matters less as when flying into an airport since, from what I understand, you can choose which runway is safest to land on even if under ATC control so it makes sense that it would recognize any runway at the destination so I don't think that should be changed, otherwise, as you point out, it would sometimes make it hard to get a runway pointing into the wind.

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but it might be nice if there was a penalty for reaching too many G's. Perhaps like blacking out for a few seconds or longer. Kind bugs me that I can pull so many G's in the sim that I know I could never ever tolerate in real life.

This might not be a big suggestion, but how about a little one - the Yoke mapping only has one assignment for gear up and down. It should have seperate assignments for up and down, like it has for flaps, so that a flip of the swich up will be gear up and flip of switch down for gear down.

I personally would like to see the addition of a logbook similar to FS9 or X. I like to keep track of my travels and the time involved in each flight along with the aircraft flown.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

Have someone on the Flight team go through all the aircraft stats in the Hangar and correct them. Some of them like speeds and glide ratios are clearly incorrect.

Would be nice to see stall speeds listed, max angle of climb, rate of climb etc like and owners manual would have, for each aircraft.

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310