Sign in to follow this  
scruffyduck

The BIG Suggestions List

This thread is for suggestions for future updates to Microsoft Flight.

The list has been updated May 16, 2012.

The list is maintained here: http://msflightforum...g/about152.html

You do not need to join that forum to participate in the content of the list. Please post new suggestions and comments on existing suggestions in this thread. The thread is updated regularly and we will collect information from here and put it in the list.

==============================================================

This is the Master List of suggestions for future version of flight. It is compiled from suggestions made on all the major simulator forums and on the Beta Forum.

Please add any extra comments and suggestions . The easiest way for me is if you refer to a reference number of making an update or suggestion on an existing item.

Last Update May 16, 2012 - new updates in bold

=======================

SUMMARY SUGGESTION LIST

=======================

Fixes - Section covering minor fixes and updates to current content

F001 Fix maule checklists for fuel pump on/off incorrect detection and add landing light off to cruise / climb checklist

F002 Fix the Maule performance so it can reach service ceiling of 20k ft

F003 Illuminate aprons on big airports to make them more realistic at night

F004 Parking brake indicator on aircraft - this was reported and requested in the Beta

F005 In the event of an activity being stopped for some reason provide a Yes/No box after the user clicks Start at Last Waypoint and especially at Restart Mission. This is to stop the user accidentally hitting one of these

F006 A more realistic rendition of the night sky. Several reports that this is not realistic and that stars do not appear to be there when expected

F007 Elimination of the Prop Strobing Efffect. This is an artifact of a recording, not what one experiences in real life. I suspect that this effect is also messing up the cockpit shadows which are fantastic

F008 Noticed a few times that I can't access the Aerocache of the Day after it has expired. It just says "Aerocache of the Day is not available." I have to exit the game and restart it so I can access the next aerocache of the day. Would it be possible to have the ACotD automatically update without requiring a restart?

F009 There seems to be a bug (or a bad design) in RV-6 elevator trim indicator. To see the tooltip, mouse must be positioned precisely on the red indicator line, which is very hard to do, almost impossible in fact at default zoom level. The tooltip should show up when mouse is anywhere over the indicator’s glass.

F010 (Intended behavior?) When starting free flight in the air, the aircraft is initially in a very unstable configuration. Usually it is pitched way up, climbing sharply, airspeed dropping rapidly, and it takes a long while and much correcting to stabilize. This occurs even when loading a saved, perfectly level flight. Worse: if the aircraft was previously parked with the engine off, on starting free flight in the air you can see the propeller spin up and hear the engine rev up. In free flight, the aircraft should start as close to level flight as possible (with neutral trim). It certainly should not be placed in the air with a stopped engine.

F011 In jobs, passenger comments on landing quality seem to have no relation to whether or not the “happy passengers” bonus is awarded. Very often the “Nice landing!” or “You made it look easy!” turns out to be inadvertently sarcastic, as “happy passengers” points are not applied. (And there are no other reasons for passengers to be unhappy, e.g. no sharp or dangerous maneuvers during flight, etc.) Conversely, the bonus is sometimes awarded even if the in-flight passenger status indicator changes from green checkmark to yellow exclamation point. All told, the voice actor comment, the in-flight status indicator and the “happy passengers” bonus often seem to be inconsistent.

F012 There are several hilly areas between HI25 and HI29 in which the scenery should be refined.The mess and/or land class does not look right

F013 The rudder does not act the way it should be. In the next example I will explain turning left, the same result while turning to the right.When I press the pedal to the left the plane begins to slide to the right, with the nose pointing to the left. When I release the pedal the nose goes back to the opposite side violently. The way it should be: Left turn, the plane starts to turn to the left with his nose to the left, if I release the pedal, the plane stops turning the nose stay in the last position. Done.

==========

Hardware

H001. Native Track IR support. One of the most asked for additions. (Note that the Flight Team have indicated that they are actively looking at this. However be aware that this does not consitute a commitment to deliver it at any specific point.)

H002 More options and control over the settings for Joysticks. For example sensitivity control; setting null zones etc without needing to access XML; more button mapping options.

H003 Extend support for multiple CPUs and multiple threading. For example splitting functions such as ATC or AI (in a future version)

==========

Activities (Missions, Challenges, etc)

M001 Linked missions that can form a career path. This could be done via the unlock process and/or be linked in to a reputation scheme

M002 Provide tools ( or information) to allow third party challenges/mission at least. While Microsoft wants to keep content in house for the time being; the impact of allowing the third party creation of activities should not affect revenue, quality etc but will give the community a chance to share experiences etc inside Flight.

M003 More Checkpoints on Long Missions

M004 Series of challenges based around dead stick landings covering the different aircraft types available.

M005 Provide the ability to save a Mission/Challenge/Job & restart it at a later time or date.

M006 Aerial refueling Missions, Challenges & Jobs

M007 Laying out some smoke would be a nice ehancement for aerobatics.

M008 Rescue missions covering a wider range of situations, aircraft and conditions

M009 Expend the range of dialog from pax during missions to be as meaningful as possible. Also please provide visual pax when present. This would increase immersion and also avoid the dis-embodied voice effect - e.g. flying the Stearman with no pax in front seat who is talking from thin air (or perhaps hiding under the seat?)

M010 Extend the different landing challenges etc to provide a basic flight school for beginners

M011 Ability to start with cold/dark cockpit in missions, free flights etc.

M012 Improve the realism of cargo missions. Currently they are rather basic and perhaps generated in too simple a manner: e.g. approx 1 ton of snake anti-venom is almost the world stock.

M013 Add an easier way to locate Clandestine Freight Hauls so you don't have to go to every airport job board to locate

M014 Missions to teach taxi / nav / circuits / failures / VFR / IFR procedures

M015 Introductory missions with instructor to teach new airplanes DLC and teach procedures of them.

M016 Options to put in hunter aircraft in clandestine mission and add new mission called air police, that mission can put in multiplayer but if the airplane stuck in the air or ground, the mission make a failure

M017 Introduce the concept of Flight Dollars(money). Transport / leisure fly / cargo / clandestine mission give money to buy new updates / gifs / repaints / othes for airplanes or make a airline company with buildings and hardware. Also to pay to fix plane damage on missions and need maintenance

M018 One aircraft to act as a tractor for another plane (AI Aircraft)

M019 I think there should have been an ILS introduction mission that teaches you how to use it and this should be a pre-requisite for any missions that might need ILS landing

M020 Extend the 'educational value' of aerocaches and sight seeing tours. One would be that upon reaching a certain distance from such a monument on foot, a small popup would appear with some sort of interactive display containing interesting facts and history about the object, and perhaps a link to a historical website. Another more elaborate scheme might allow the user to enter a limited 3d tour of the monument, perhaps also with links with more information

M021 Jobs where you have to deliver bags of mail to different airports. You could select a single airport or multiple airports to deliver to, planning out your flight as necessary working how much fuel to load and navigating by VOR etc. A similar thing could be done with this game where you choose what bags to load and possibly throw in a time limit/countdown for delivery so you would be under pressure to turn around an aircraft quickly at each airport you visit. This would fit in with shorter jobs as mentioned above if you only wanted to run mail to a single airport.

M022 Holiday themes for Activities - these could provide specific paints, missions, cargo, scenery etc for a particular holiday appropriate to the area flown in

M023 During missions and jobs, the mission ends as soon as the engine cuts out on the parking space, and that leaves me hanging in the middle of the shutdown procedure. In addition to enabling cold starts for jobs and missions, it would be nice to delay the mission summary until after the entire shutdown procedure is completed. Perhaps just instruct the player to exit the aircraft as the last step upon completing the missions or jobs

M024 Adjust the awards, experience etc schemes to take account of how much Flight Assistance is turned on. Clearly easier to achieve some things such as landing with assistance on. Scheme should either reduce the available XP given depending on level of assistance or increase them based on it being turned off. FLIGHT's RTW version deprecated the Landing Challenge's BONUS.What I'd like to see is that BONUS reintroduced by utilising an additional award rating, (e.g. Platinum),for acquiring using zero FLIGHT CONTROL ASSISTANCE

M025 In game e-mail. e.g Made a passenger sick? Get an e-mail "I couldn't enjoy my burger. I want my money back!"; Made a passenger happy? Get an e-mail "That was great! I couldn't believe how incredible the views were. Thank you!; Making progress on clandestine missions? Get an e-mail "Good job staying under the radar. I need to move some cargo from (airport name) to (airport name). Come pick it up." You then head to the job board for that airport and see the job has been added there. Some missions are triggered by the game's e-mail system. If you don't check your game based e-mail (in game) you won't see these missions on the job board.

M026 I'd like to suggest an aerocache for Manawaiopuna Falls on Kauai. I think I found the falls, but with some difficulty. The depiction of the falls there is considerably less impressive (it is the falls that was used in the opening and closing segments of the film Jurassic Park), so MS might want to enhance the scenery there as well. Location N 21d 59' 18.37" W 159d 31' 32.99'

M027 A database search of all airports where you can choose your variables: departure airport, arrival airport, and job type. You can filter by one category, or all three. Job searching is a clumsy task compared to the ease of the overall UI.

M028 I'd love to see the Jobs Board include something like a "Transport Tourists" job - where you pick up or drop of tourists from any number of wild and out of the way locations - eg: you have to land & take off from sloping paddocks, bare fields, beaches etc... to get intrepid explorers and tourists to and from as yet unseen corners of the Islands... this could include the use of all the aircraft (dependant on number of pax needing transport - and not just limited to the Maule

==========

Environment (Weather, AI, ATC etc)

E001 Air Traffic Control. This seems to be pretty much the most voted for in feedback. It could be simplified but there needs to be some interaction between the pilot and ground. Even simple ATIS etc that can be tuned to when near an airport would help. ASOS/AWOS/ATIS that broadcasts surface pressure and wind info. It would be nice to be able to get weather info far enough out to pick an approach early if coming in IFR

E002 Extend weather engine. Include more options to control weather rather than 'just pick a list' Use of Real Weather to enhance the experience. Better clouds; Improved rendition of atmospheric events. Improve the smoothing of wind effects -seen as too abrupt at the moment. Extra suggestions for weather: thunderstorms, blizzards, make plausible storms and localized. Add other weather conditions. Mist, Sand, Showers, Ice Pellets, Hail. Icing effects on aircraft (Alaska!). Add realistic weather fronts. Turbulence.

E003 Progressive Taxipath indicator. While it is possible to taxi using the top down mode the simple pointer to the runway or parking leads to getting lost. A better indicator would improve the experience of taxiing (which can be frustrating).

E004 Some form of built in flight planner. At least enough to plan simple flights. This could be considered in connection with E005 below. As an addition the ability to show the flight plan in map view (or on a GPS).

E005 Useable GPS instrument that could be available to all aircraft. Many private and other pilots today have access to and use hand held and fixed GPS in VFR planning. Access to such an instrument (even if in a separate display window) would tend to enhance realism for a lot of users. Could be the tool to enable simple flight planning (E004 above). An alternative or additionally: Add a PDA with digital DLC maps / airport and nav channel frequencies / NOTAM / metars aboard to VFR / IFR navigation aids

E006 Provide some form of AI traffic. It need not be as extensive as other sims but the presence of other traffic would enhance the experience for a lot of users. To include road traffic and water traffic that move.

E007 Some way to 'push back' both the aircraft and also when walking. Not being able to push back is unrealistc and can end game play where the aircraft or 'pilot' has come too close to an obstacle.

E008 Precipitation (rain etc) effects. Provide these effects on wind shields etc.

E009 More start locations options for free flight. Currently it is possible to start on a runway or in the air. Extend this to include parking locations.

E010 Access to airport charts. Provide airport charts that can be used for origin and destination airports. The map is unavailable during missions etc. Enhance the current map view to provide something closer to section charts - perhaps make this an alternative to the simpler map

E011 Advanced options. Provide user with more control over settings in an advanced mode.

E012 Make Map available in all activities and not just in free flight. I would like to see more during mission flights than just a map (with ruler and protractor tools): The virtual kneeboard with checklist could be expanded to include the map, work order (single destination or customizable flight plan including fuel stops en route), approach plates (and airport diagram for taxi), and perhaps even an interactive flight calculator (type E-6B)

E013 Extend the number of participants in multi-player. This could make for a more realistic environment and provide some alternative to working AI.

E014 Extend atmospheric effects to include things like Lightening, Rainbows, Meteor showers etc.

E015 Improve the rendition of roads including raised highways.

E016 Make windsocks more visible - they are too small to see at the moment. Alternative is to make the Wind Indicator in the HUD separately switchable and independent of the HUD.

E017 Enhance the colors especially of buildings and towns - they are rather grey

E018 Increase the brightness of rotating beacons. They do not show up enough

E019 Be able to enter buildings (hangers with planes in them, etc,) with people in them to converse and give instructions for missions

E020 Some form of time compression or sim rate change. This as an alternative to Skip to next Waypoint. Issue here is how compressed time/distance is reflected in stats (no credit, proportional credit or full credit)

E021 Add Prohibided, Restricted and Special zones in the DLCs. That zones can display by grapic options. Pilots without authoriszation would be penalized (lose points or Flight Dollars). This would be active in free flight and missions

E022 Clickable Checklist as an alternative to the keyboard

E023 The ability to determine wind speed and direction from the Airport selection window. I'd like to know this prior to selecting a runway or aircraft

E024 In Free Flight, allow user to specify starting altitude. The default 1000 feet AGL is often not what user intends, e.g. for learning scenarios.

E025 Map: Add elevation info. It’s quite frustrating not knowing in advance what altitude is required to clear some of the higher mountains.

E026 As “training wheels” for learning, optionally include current ground speed and AGL information in the HUD. Also include estimated time to waypoint at current ground speed. This to satisfy curiosity, but also to help beginners establish a descent rate for approach.

E027 In jobs, optionally place the last waypoint at 10 miles out rather than five. 5 miles is often not enough to get your bearings and properly slow down, e.g. from a cruising speed of 160+ kts in RV-6. This is particularly important when using Skip to Waypoint feature.

E028 An extended or enhanced Flight School

E029 Improved visibility of the aircraft position symbol in the Icon moving map display. Perhaps a white aircraft in a colored circle.

E030 Whenever the map is selected, have the cursor default to mid screen to prevent unwanted scrolling.

E031 A new feature of the map to find the radial of a VOR on which a certain airport is located. Inspired by the Big VOR Topic http://forum.avsim.n...-big-vor-topic/

==========

User Interface - Stuff that involves the interaction between user and Fight

U001 Frame rate indicator - either as part of the HUD or a separate item.

U002 Pause plane. At the moment the method to do this involves the escape key and then restarting via a menu. Simplify the pause using a single key press to set and release.

U003 Single key to turn the HUD on or off while in flying mode.

U004 Generally provide more user control over what messages appear. For example, allow user to hide/show the 'Skip to Next Waypoint' indicator or have it appear and fade after a period. Seen as intrusive.Can the,( I call it the status icon) be able to fade out after a period of time until the status changes,only to have it pop back up and let you know it has changed.The icon seems large also, or maybe it can be a little smaller not to distract.Actually,this is all I can see now and my eyes keep getting drawn to it. The status icon shows the passenger or cargo state. Overall the idea being that messages or icons appear when something changes and then fade after a time.

U005 Instant Replay feature/video recording of flight. For learning, the touchdown feedback provided during challenges should be available after every landing – in all jobs, missions and free flight. Currently we have only the sound (and absence of bouncing) to judge the quality of touchdown in the cockpit view. The sim engine already has all the data, it’s just a matter of optionally displaying it after touchdown, just like it is already done in challenge missions.

U006 Checklist to be Movable to Second Monitor or Window.

U007 Reduced Camera Change Notification

U008 All Airport Names Visible in Map View

U009 Estimated Time Aloft Added to Fuel Screen in Hangar

U010 Ability to correct errors in Pilot Profile

U011 Reduced Intensity Night Textures for Mission Icon Bitmaps

U012 Checklist to continue to the next sequence of steps after completion of a sequence

U013 Ability to save custom view positions to enable me to create say a panel view, Nav radio view etc and cycle them. I find it difficult and too slow to use the mouse to pan and zoom.

U014 More key commands to assign to the instruments. Reasons similar but also I sometimes click twice or the mouse moves before I can click. Or the motion means the screen moves. Extend to have all clickable elements in the cockpit assignable to keys.

U015 Ability to have 2 screens with different views. A secondary screen could be used to display a simplified, 2D view of the flight panel instruments for easier orientation. It would be especially helpful if aircraft with glass cockpit are added in the future, since (in FSX at least) the glass cockpit display is nearly unreadable at default zoom in 3D cockpit view.

U016 Option to change Flight measurement system (Metric vs. Imperial). Clarified to say that this should reflect current aeronautical practice.

U017 In Map View Mouse over airport data to include distance of airport from user aircraft.

U018 User toggle for navigation information such as aerocaches and destination markers. See U022

U019 Option to play the game in a windowed fullscreen mode, since I play with a dual screen setup it would be nice to just mouse over to the otherscreen and still get the effect of playing in fullscreen. Do not blank out secondary screens. Since a lot of navigation aids are missing in Flight, a secondary screen could be used in place of the knee-board, to show user’s own flight plan, maps, runway details, etc.

U020 Secondary monitor not blanked out while in full screen mode, so at least one can view running programs on it while flying in full screen mode

U021 Provide an option to allow real world time selection so it becomes your startup. As it is, you have to select it each time you start Flight (some users may prefer time to stick between sessions

U022 User toggle fordestination markers. Particularly annoying is the diamond marker which as the user approaches the airport obscures the landing zone. Optionally have it disappear when the user aircraft is visual on the runway. Expand the assist options to include nav assist options. Options to show your target destination as it currently does, or only on the hud compass as a direction indicator, or only provide the information you need to use the actual instruments found in the cockpit to get there

U023 Key to return to the cockpit looking forward no matter which view the user is in.

U024 When in multiplayer, if there are lot of players in an airport area, it is very often quite difficult to click the designated airport. Thus adding an "Airport" menu or another way of selecting airports would be very helpful

U025 we need a way to easy have angles (degrees) on the map, let's say I want to know how many degrees Hilo is fron Dillingham, there is no way ingame to calculate that, not even remotely : there is no compass on the map actually, the map is not interactive and has poor ultra simplified graphics (and no way to select an airport if saturated as mentionned above). That doesn't help getting better in orientation

U026 The F12 satellite (top down) view has also no compass on it. This has to be corrected, or at least as an option so people who want full immersive experience can deactivate it

U027 Have a single key to set elevator trim to neutral, or at least include current trim setting in the HUD. Currently, a visual trim indicator is only available as a tooltip, and it almost always requires zooming in and panning, which takes much too long to be practical. As it is, it’s impossible to tell mid-flight what the current trim setting is without a lot of mousing around or having reliably counted button clicks.

U028 Add an external view that does not include the aircraft. This would be useful e.g. for zooming in to see a distant runway. Currently at larger zoom levels the aircraft blocks most of the terrain view.

U029 Map: add more detail and allow greater zoom-in levels.

U030 Top-down view (satellite/terrain map): have a single-key to switch from track-up to north-up view. Currently only track-up is available, which makes orientation more difficult in some situations.

U031 Top-down view (satellite/terrain map): ability to zoom out to see the entire DLC area.

U032 I just realized that my 'favourite' aircraft in the stats menu will forever be the Maule since it's the only one you can use for cargo/passenger runs. That bugs me because the Maule is not my favourite aircraft and I'd much rather be able to choose what my fave plane is instead. Maybe a little drop down box on something.

U033 In-game console with commands to set variables related to the custom graphics quality and object rendering, as well as bind / unbind keys to any available "EventName" or console command.

U034 How about a flap setting indicator in the HUD? I know I can always fly in chase plane view to see the flaps, but I'd rather not. I think flap position is a critical piece of info when flying the approach, especially without a cockpit.

U035 Resizable chat window and different colors for the individual players' text messages.

==========

Content - Aircraft

A001 Future DLC Aircraft should have a VC.

A002 Any two engine prop with cockpit and missions to learn the differences in flying that vs flying a single engine prop I think it's a logical progression before going to the jets. A qualifier on the two engine prop: newer than say, 1980? Suggestion for a Beechcraft King Air 350/350i

A003 Jets. Many folks are requesting 'heavy metal' which may not fit with the current Flight development model and goals. However there are a number of small executive jets that could fit well in Flight and a number of inter-island and longer distance missions, challenges and job become more practical and realistic. Update to say that jets such as the 737 and simialr would be useable in an area such as Alaska

A004 Aircraft that would have an autopilot should have an active one that can be used.

A005 Better aircraft damage and working stress model.

A006 Provide failures tool to allow for challenges related to failed components, lost engine, damaged landing gear etc

A007 North American AT-6 Texan. It was used all over the world as an advanced training after the Boeing Stearman. No one (?) sat in a P-51 without first mastering the Texan / Harvard.

A008 An Ultralight (trikes are very popular and common). We have the Icon but a microlight would make a very interesting addition.

A009 An autogyro e.g. Bensen gyrocopter, probably the most popular model in this type; Air Command, can also qualify as UL depending on engine; a tractor model, which means Ron Herron's Little Wing Autogyro; an historical model, the Pitcairn. perhaps the PA-18.

A010 Helicopters.

A011 Gliders.

A012 For larger aircraft allow walk around inside the aircraft as well as outside. Extend to allow pilot to choose which seat to sit in (Fly from?)

A013 Spin modelling could be improved to be less benign and require realistic pilot input to correct

A014 If your audience are those with limited experience with FS I'd suggest a twin trainer or something like the Katana Diamond, a composite "state of the art" which looks futuristic and would appeal to the newer folks who might find a Beech etc. more of an antique

A015 Please add an optional effect for high G turns, so that the pilot can actually blackout or red out from loss of blood flow

A016 In cockpit. When dialing an OBS for VOR navigation, it's often necessary to dial in the reciprocal bearing to avoid a reverse-sensing situation. Rather than the Tool-Tip on the OBS knob showing just the heading, have it show both the heading and it's reciprocal. That would be a lot easier in the VC than trying to read the numbers off the bottom of the instrument, or converting it in your head

A017 2D panels as an alternative to full VC

A018 For no cockpit aircraft: Add a 'standard row' of virtual gauges along the bottom of the screen in the "cockpit" view, and possible even anchored somehow so that if the player looks to the side the gauges slide off the other side of the screen. This might be a basic 2D screen with a transparent bit map

A019 Access to ground DLC such as vehicles and boats

==========

Content - Scenery

S001 A soaring package with a hang glider; a PPG (Powered Paraglider); and a sailplanebundled with scenery containing various and diverse launch zones.

S002 Sky Diving Package.

S003 Ballooning package.

S004 Free Flight Sightseeing.

S005 Wave/Surf Sounds Along the Coast:

S006 Windsocks at the smaller "field" airstrips.

S007 If the different flying areas are going to be separate entities how about doing some historical ones. E.g. A pacific island chain, circa 1938 with a vintage Grumman Goose complete with historically accurate cockpit. Throw in a set of thrilling and adventurous missions and you already have my money. You could have another cockpit with modern instruments that is available in the modern day settings so the goose can be experienced in its modern day guise as well

S008 Since historical military aircraft are already in MS Flight, that an appropriate DLC package for 2014 would be one consisting of a representative sample of Allied & Central Powers aircraft of the Great War (World War 1) , along with a large geographical section of Northern Europe

S009 DLC Scenery to extend the area around Hawaii to include Polynesian Islands e.g. those to the South West of the current map. This would require the inclusion of aircraft that had the range and capabilities to make flights over this area

S010 Provide some ships at sea. Could be static models but it would make over sea flights more interesting

S011 Fully detailed Carrier Ops package, the FSX/Accel Mission stepped up about 10 notches. Day/night, good/bad weather, exotic locals, multiplayer tanker re-fueling and air ops, S&R, detailed carrier wing aircraft (fighters, tankers, helos, support aircraft, sub hunters etc.) and so on. Being able to drive the ship w/VC Bridge gets a bonus Legacy Appreciation Point

==========

Multi-Player

P001 Multiplayer. When somebody returns to the game, make their plane immune to collisions for a few seconds, so that if they appear on a runway in somebody's way, they don't cause a crash.

P002 Allow another player to act as co-pilot.

P003 A range of multi player activities including: laser tag dogfights including smoke function; air races; missions requiring several different aircraft or aircraft types; crop duster battles; form and fly in Virtual Airlines or flying clubs. Multiplayer missions like SAR

P004 Enhanced Multiplayer Connection Experience.

P005 Ability to see player models when you're walking around. Getting out of the plane with friends and not being able to see eachother totally ruins the experience, especially when trying to explore some areas or getting aerocaches.

P006 Flag on top of each pilot that displays heading, speed and altitude

P007 The ability to control weather for host while in a mission. I choose to always host and I fly in real time and change the weather randomly with every mission I fly so other players exp. changing weather patterns. Many times I am on a long flight and I get a request for weather and don't mind changing it but cant til I finish the mission, also a random weather selection would be nice...currently I roll a 10 sided dice for weather...

P008 Ability for host to have a "room message" that will appear to players upon joining, explaining any particuliars like "weather changes happen every "blank"" or even a welcome message

P009 Ability for a person to declare or mark themselves as an "instructor" or a "helper" who is willing to fly with a person and teach them the things they may not know. This would work best with the co-pilot idea but can be done now with the current "follow player" option. I think this would really help new pilots and keep them in the game so to speak. The only current problem is the in-ability to see changes ect on the plane or in the cockpit of the person your "following". For instance I was helping someone the other day and could not tell if the pilot had hit thier flaps or not after telling them to do so, so I had to ask for verification

P010 Ability for the host to BAN a player who repeatedly causes problems. The ability to kick is fine, but there should be a way to add a blacklist

P011 I am really sick of being DCed from a really good room on multiplayer when the host disconnects. It would be nice if the host duties would then pass to the next person to enter the room or if they could somehow be granted by the original host. It's really jarring when you are flying a mission on a room with a set of weather conditions/time and then the host DCs and you are under your default weather/time conditions.

P012 While in multiplayer, have a random rescue mission pop up to all volunteer rescue pilots. Then you would have the option to except the mission if you so choose. That would get a lot of the players involved in co-op play. Destruction of the message is optional

==========

Other - (Suggestions that do not fit into any other category)

O001 Extend use of 'weblets'. This is the area on the Flight home screen currently use just for DLC, advertizing etc. Extend this to include tip of the day, FAQ etc.

O002 Flight Tracking.

O003 Option to hide unpurchased DLC aircraft in the hangar. Extend this to allow user selection criteria. For example allow users to hide aircraft with no VC or that are tail draggers etc etc.

O004 Get the community more involved directly with what new content is coming out, give us polls for choices, say you have 5 things up on the "board" and your trying to figure out what is next, ASK THE COMMUNITY, you certainly cant go wrong there!

O005 On-line leader boards for different categories

O006 Provide certificates (FS9/FSX) by complete exams groups

======================

END OF SUMMARY LIST

======================

You must be tired :-)

+1 for about each and every suggestion, but... They may well end-up selling you the rights for FLIGHT and you will produce FLIGHT2 :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Uninstaller since July 2012 when MS ceased development of MS FLIGHT...

Jon: That is some serious work. Kudos.

+1 to each and everyone

(IMO Agree, this should be sticky/pinned and allow you to edit your posts.)

Also for the mods. I notice I am not able to edit this post (or at least) I can't find how to. This rather defeats the purpose of being able to maintain a single summary post - can you allow me long term edit rights on it please?

HDR lighting effects/post process effects.. almost all modern games these days use it quite nicely. ENBseries mod kind of works in Flight, but it would be nice to have one that is properly dialed in to the engine to really make the sky look nice and bright, and make for better contrast with the ground colors.

+1 John.

That is quite an extensive list and from what I can tell, represents the vast majority of the sentiment I have seen expressed in regards to things we would like to see in Flight.

Thank you for all you efforts in putting this list together for the community!

+100,000,000,000,000 to the 100,000,000,000,000,000 power on each and everything you have posted above.

If all of that was incorperated into this si....game... Do you know how amazing it would be? I am a casual simmer, infact, flight was my second sim ever. I played one of the early 90's flight simulators because my dad had it when I was growing up.

Anyways, I hope this list gets completed, but....hmm, who knows.

I'd like wind socks to be made more visible for those who turn off the HUD.

Either make them larger and higher-contrast colors or provide a small graphical overlay for any wind sock within a mile or two, in the same way that Aerocaches pop up when you get close enough.

Or just separate the HUD wind indicator from the rest of the HUD so that it can be left on while the rest of the HUD is disabled.

Folks

I will update the list as soon as I am able to edit it. Thanks for the feedback so far.

For missions I'd suggest having some missions that teach more advanced flight techinques, e.g. how to use VOR navigation, how to use the ILS and maybe things like how to fly a pattern (the last one could be linked to a potential inclusion of ATC).

Regarding A003 I don't see why it should be limited to small executive jets. Alaska is more than large enough to provide good 737 routes for example. More in general not wanting to fly long haul flights is not the same as not wanting to fly heavy metal.

Regarding U016 I would also like to see aviation units (nm, kts) as an option, not just metric and imperial.

Ad Activities:

• Laser tag dogfights (with smoke function)
  • Air races
  • True multiplayer missions that require different types of aircraft (e.g. SAR)
  • Crop duster battles (as outlined here)
  • Ability to form VAs and fly jobs for it (details)
  • Online leaderboards for different categories
  • Long-running adventure missions with a story that require picking up things and bringing them to other places (to be solved in a non-linear fashion). Could use the walk mode.

Good list! Re: the pushback issue, I think I have an easy way to solve it: Just give us a key that, when walking, applies a push to the airplane in the direction you're looking, then applies the parking brake when you release it. And voila! Insta-pushback that works for all situations!

+1 for advanced flight training missions

U004 - please provide a toggle function for all overlay information, the destination marker drives me nuts. This would also solve U011.

Ability to start missions and free flight in "cold and dark cockpit" and all of above :)