Sign in to follow this  
wanabflyer

What is the problem using FSUIPC for NGX Throttle?

I have seen a few discussions regarding FSUIPC and PMDG NGX and the consensus seems to be that all is ok, as long as you don't use FSUIPC for your throttle axis.

My first question is why not. I have everything set up through FSUIPC and as far as i can see, i don't have any issues.

My second question is, how do you set up an X52 throttle in FSX and the rest (including a Saitek Yoke and CH pedals) in FSUIPC, without enabling joystick in FSX, which for me creates anomalies on my yoke and pedals? If i do not check that box in FSX, i get no response from my throttles (X52).

Your thoughts on this and advice if i'm doing something wrong would be appreciated.

Regards,

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

On the second issue- try to see if you can use the add-on controller in question, while its driver isn't being loaded, and FS has the joystick connected.

Hi,

I have a VRAC throttle quad and I don't have any problems using FSUIPC.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

I have my controls in FSX disabled but if you setup your throttle this way, you'll still be able to make use of the blue arc feature in the NGX to match the physical throttle with the virtual one when coming in to land.

I have my controls in FSX disabled but if you setup your throttle this way, you'll still be able to make use of the blue arc feature in the NGX to match the physical throttle with the virtual one when coming in to land.

Hey Jason.

Many thanks for the info. That works for me too.

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Yep, that's how I've got mine set... even use FSUIPC for flaps and spoilers on the Saitek Pro Flight Cessna yoke.

\Robert Hamlich/

That's how mine is setup too, but I checked the first bullet (send direct to FSUIPC calibration), and I also did the throttle decrease (see pic) to enable me enter reverse immediately after the idle detente (x52pro)

PMDG-777-EK-SIG-MAY1713-2_zps6f2ed2be.pn

Chidiebere Anyahara

I have seen a few discussions regarding FSUIPC and PMDG NGX and the consensus seems to be that all is ok, as long as you don't use FSUIPC for your throttle axis.

My first question is why not. I have everything set up through FSUIPC and as far as i can see, i don't have any issues.

My second question is, how do you set up an X52 throttle in FSX and the rest (including a Saitek Yoke and CH pedals) in FSUIPC, without enabling joystick in FSX, which for me creates anomalies on my yoke and pedals? If i do not check that box in FSX, i get no response from my throttles (X52).

Your thoughts on this and advice if i'm doing something wrong would be appreciated.

Regards,

I have the Throttletec G737 set up through FSUIPC, and it works perfectly, with TO/GA button and Auto-Throttle dis-engage, fuel levers and reversers. Everything works great. The only thing that I have that doesn't work so well is my Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel. Probably because the NGX uses some different operation for trim, other than through FSX.

Our trim is totally custom - stuff that's using a trim axis like that wheel isn't going to work. It's not realistic anyway, trim on the NGX is done with the switches on the yoke, not with a wheel like a Cessna.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Ok guys, I'm pulling my hair out over this. I've tried everything in Fsuipc as noted above and the throttle levers work good. Now here is my quandry--If I load the PMDG 737 House at default the engines are running and I can advance my throttles and the engines spool up--no problem,however when I shut down the engines and go through the procedure to start them up again the throttle levers work great but-------the engines will not spool up!!!!!! so it is impossible for me to use GSX or FS2Crew cause once I start cold and dark and go through all the process programming FMC etc and pushback and start engines I can't move the plane to taxi cause the engines will not spool up while advancing throttle levers. Can some of you smarter guys or gals help me with this annoying problem? Any help would be appreceiated!!!!! Also have latest Fsuipc, PMDG737NGX SP1c and FS2Crew1.3.

Regards,

I have all my axis and buttons through FSUIPC and have no issues. I do not use any of axis for trim. I use the button repeat on one of the yoke buttons. Currently all axis processed by FSUIPC and use them for throttles, yoke, brakes, spoilers, flaps.

I noticed that aboves settings work OK, UNTILL you set the callibration for the separated throttles in FSUIPC. When you do that, you lose the blue arcs feature and random AT disconnection when moving throttles will occur. So, my experience is NO callibration via FSUIPC and everything will work fine.

Edited by Ed van de Vijver

I noticed that aboves settings work OK, UNTILL you set the callibration for the separated throttles in FSUIPC. When you do that, you lose the blue arcs feature and random AT disconnection when moving throttles will occur. So, my experience is NO callibration via FSUIPC and everything will work fine.

Ok, so your saying to not even calibrate the throttles whether it be individual or axis set throttle 1 etc like Jason said above post? Is this correct? So I guess I need to undo by showing not used in the axis assignment for the throttles? Sorry I'm so dense but getting older doesn't help lol

Regards,

Ok, so your saying to not even calibrate the throttles whether it be individual or axis set throttle 1 etc like Jason said above post? Is this correct? So I guess I need to undo by showing not used in the axis assignment for the throttles? Sorry I'm so dense but getting older doesn't help lol

Regards,

No, I mean you should assign the axes like Jason's post, that's Ok. You shouldn't set the Callibration (under FSUIPC's callibration tab) for these axes. When you do, things start to go wrong.