Sign in to follow this  
V1VrV2

List of Outstanding Issues/Bugs?

--Center Bus and TFB should be 28v -- it has been stated by others to be something else.. That is incorrect. Those buses are fed from 28VDC Gens so therefore should be 28VDC.

I base the 27v versus 28v because the checklists and real C90's I've been in are exactly that way. The triple-fed bus is always 1v less than the source voltage for it, be it battery or generator and the checklists I've seen state it should be as well.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

The triple-fed bus voltage should be about 1 volt less than other buses. That is because of the diodes that protects the TPL from current flow to a failed bus.

Br,

Tero

I'll update the list tomorrow (hopefully). Thanks all for the feedback.

Now, any thoughts on how to approach Carenado with our little list? Anyone have a direct line? :)

Trevor Bair

CMEL+IR | PA32R-301T & C208B
My Real World Travels

If you haven't tried already, maybe head for their support email. It worked fine for me and opens a ticket in their system. Since the thread shows that some quite other folks are interested in fixes, maybe attached a link. Would be a shame seeing the work of yours getting wasted.

hi,

i dont know if its a bug but for me the weather radar does not function in vc cockpit.I dont put the avydine in popup panel, i let it in the vc cockpit and no clouds or thunderstorm...

am i doing something wrong?

Pierre

Noticed that as well tttocs.

For those who bookmarked this thread.. be aware that there is a SP2 now from Carenado.

Some issues

• The autopilot "IAS" function doesn´t work.
  • Unreal engine startup
  • Engine hot start not simulated
  • Incomplete performance table

Does the genuine C90T have A/T // IAS AP function?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

hi,

i dont know if its a bug but for me the weather radar does not function in vc cockpit.I dont put the avydine in popup panel, i let it in the vc cockpit and no clouds or thunderstorm...

am i doing something wrong?

Pierre

Hi,

I had the same issue with some other weather radar gauges (RXP or the Carenado in the Malibu) ... I changed the cloud density values in the FSX.cfg and now I get a much nicer cloud indication on the gauge (I use AS2012) :

CLOUD_COVERAGE_DENSITY=12

Hope it helps!

Trevor, please add that the Beta sound has disappeared altogether after SP-1. With the SP-1 correction to the power levers position at idle now at flight idle, there is no sound change until the power levers are well into reverse and then comes the odd gravel rock sound referred to by others on the forum.

Thanks for your keeping all this together.

Russ.

Russ,

the Beta sounds have never been there at any time I guess. It was just the Imagination to have a beta-sound in the beta-range as the throttle positions were not perfectly alligned in the VC and the reverse was set somewhere in the ground-fine postion in vc ... not sure if a proper realistic beta-sound can ever be created in FSX due to some limitations ... I don´t know ... but please correct me if I am wrong as I allways get a chicken-skin when listening to this so special wonderfull sound ... I want that too in FSX! :Peace:

So if I might be right we could shorten the list again for 1 item ?!

the Beta sounds have never been there at any time I guess. It was just the Imagination to have a beta-sound in the beta-range as the throttle positions were not perfectly alligned in the VC and the reverse was set somewhere in the ground-fine postion in vc

I replaced the sounds right off the bat, but I noticed that you have to go a way back into the reverse range before you hear reverse sounds. Could that be part of the problem?

I noticed that the minimum_on_ground_beta value in the aircraft.cfg is set to 12 degrees (very high for that value), so that's the blade pitch you get with the throttle at idle. The way sounds are modeled in FS, you have to reach 0 degrees beta before reverse sounds are played, so with this bird you have to pull way back in to the reverse range for the beta noise to start. I presume this value was chosen to attain better taxi speed at idle.

Dave

I replaced the sounds right off the bat, but I noticed that you have to go a way back into the reverse range before you hear reverse sounds. Could that be part of the problem?

I noticed that the minimum_on_ground_beta value in the aircraft.cfg is set to 12 degrees (very high for that value), so that's the blade pitch you get with the throttle at idle. The way sounds are modeled in FS, you have to reach 0 degrees beta before reverse sounds are played, so with this bird you have to pull way back in to the reverse range for the beta noise to start. I presume this value was chosen to attain better taxi speed at idle.

Dave

Hi Dave,

I can be completely wrong, but I think for 100% that all these values are set by Bernt Stolle by cause, making it possible to have a full controllable and true existing beta-range on that airplane with the very correct changing of the bladeangles! And as the sounds are "only" reverser-sounds and not yet assigned to the betarange too you will surely have to pull the throttles back pretty much as there is a first "gate" the so called "ground-fine-range" (beech term for the beta-range) and after that the next "gate" for the reverse ... and now there you will hear the special sound for the reversers ... so pretty much of "traveling" indeed, but indeed realistic!

So having a true betarange in this bird, you are right you gain a much better fsx taxi control.

Some additions to the problem list regarding the fuel system (apologies if this is repetitive). I have some gripes about the electrical system, but I think those have been mentioned before.

- L or R NO FUEL XFER annunciators should turn on when less than 400 lbs of fuel remain on each side AND the transfer pump switches are in AUTO. The capacity of the nacelle tanks is 400 lbs each, so when you get down to 400 lbs remaining in each side, all of your fuel should be in the nacelle tanks (unless you forget to turn the transfer pumps on), and therefore the transfer pumps have run out of fuel to suck up from the wing tanks.

-As above, if you're a spacey King Air pilot who forgets to put the transfer pumps to AUTO after engine start, you should find that the nacelle tanks will run down to 150 lbs each side, and then a gravity flow opens from the wing tank to the nacelle tank which should keep, again, about 150 lbs in the nacelle tank until you turn the transfer pump on. With the pump on, the nacelle tank will slowly fill back up to 400 lbs.

- When the crossfeed switch is in AUTO, crossfeed should open (and FUEL CROSFEED annunciator light illuminates) when you turn OFF either of the boost pumps with the opposite pump ON. Right now it works correctly if you turn off the left boost pump with the right pump on, but it doesn't work in vice-versa...it should work for both sides. ALSO, when the crossfeed opens, it supplies pressure to the other side, so the FUEL PRESS light on side with the boost pump OFF should extinguish after a couple seconds. Checking that this works is a very important part of the fuel system pre-flight check because the automatic crossfeed could prevent you from losing an engine if its boost pump fails.

Dave

Hi Dave,

I can be completely wrong, but I think for 100% that all these values are set by Bernt Stolle by cause, making it possible to have a full controllable and true existing beta-range on that airplane with the very correct changing of the bladeangles! And as the sounds are "only" reverser-sounds and not yet assigned to the betarange too you will surely have to pull the throttles back pretty much as there is a first "gate" the so called "ground-fine-range" (beech term for the beta-range) and after that the next "gate" for the reverse ... and now there you will hear the special sound for the reversers ... so pretty much of "traveling" indeed, but indeed realistic!

So having a true betarange in this bird, you are right you gain a much better fsx taxi control.

Right and right. Beta sounds will never work right unless you take the Majestic Dash-8 approach (i.e. build a completely independent sound engine that's contained in the gauge coding) because there just isn't another sound flag you can use to cover the gap between whatever the pitch is at idle and reverse pitch, when the reverse sounds kick in. Interestingly, if you set the minimum_on_ground_beta to a negative value, you will have the reverse sound playing at idle throttle.

Anyway, I immediately replaced the Carenado sound with Turbine Sound Studios' sound pack immediately after the first time I flew this bird, so that would by why I never experienced the problem you're talking about :wink: Check it out on SimMarket (can I say that name here???) It's definitely worth your 13 Euros.

Dave