Sign in to follow this  
V1VrV2

List of Outstanding Issues/Bugs?

Just a though ~ And this is definitely the project manager in me shining through, but does anyone have a complete list of the bugs we've found with this aircraft? Is someone keeping a list they can post here?

I, like many of you, have really been looking forward to this release and think it has the potential to be an awesome add-on (as someone who logged several hundred hours in the Aeroworx BE20, I've been longing for a King Air in FSX for a long time!). However, it seems that there are still some issues that need to be addressed - some minor, some major, here and there. Perhaps if the user community bands together and presents these to Carenado in a consolidated form, we stand a better chance of them addressing the issues and making this into the add-on we all want it to be.

Trevor Bair

CMEL+IR | PA32R-301T & C208B
My Real World Travels

Perhaps if the user community bands together and presents these to Carenado in a consolidated form, we stand a better chance of them addressing the issues and making this into the add-on we all want it to be.

Yes!

Absolutely!

Send in your PIREPS to the author, I'm sure they will be addressed, and much faster than folks just complaining about them on a forum...

If you like the plane and paid for it, then send them your squawks so they can be addressed for all of us to enjoy...

man, reading this forum, all the fussing about this one... one would take way from it all that this project is a complete train wreck, which I know is far from the truth.

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Perhaps if the user community bands together and presents these to Carenado in a consolidated form, we stand a better chance of them addressing the issues

That's what I call a constructive approach. :good:

Couldn't agree more. +1

So, figured I'd take a stab at this. We need a better place to keep the list though since I can't edit my original post on an ongoing basis (Google docs or something would work well) But, as a first crack, here's what I've found being reported so far:

Updated: 4/13/12 1400 GMT

Sounds

1) Missing starter sounds on the right engine, possibly also missing the shutdown sound as well - Interim solution posted here

Systems Modeling

1) Overspeed warning not occurring correctly (reference 1, reference 2)

2) Pitot heat not working (reference)

3) Autofeather arms upon flipping the switch, should arm at 90% N1. (reference) Also, autofeather test mode illuminates annunciator light but doesn't do anything else (i.e. autofeather test fails to do anything).

4) Low idle N1 too high: shows around 63%, should indicate 52% (Note: confirmed below as a limitation within FSX)

Avionics:

1) GNS400 not working properly; "there are 3 nav pages though the Nav group only indicate 2.. you need to click "mystery" clickspot to get the MAP view" (reference)

2) Some crashes with the Avidyne unit have been reported (confirmed?)

3) Enhancement: Reality XP native integration (reference)

4) Avidyne enhancements to moving map - Improved bitmaps by bliksimpie available here

Other:

1) Enhancement: mini pop-up for HDG/CRS adjustment (ala Aeroworx BE20) - Workaround solution posted by Bert Pieke here

2) Enhancement: Rivets on the engine nacelle are "ugly" - Improved bitmaps by styckx available here

3) Enhancement: Clickspots for the transponder setting adjustment are small, can they be enlarged or the knobs made functional (reference)

4) Enhancement: Gear warning horn silence button not functional.

5) Enhancement: Gang bar for Battery and Generator switches would be nice to have - ALSO - Add generator reset functionality. Gen switch is currently inoperative in that position.

6) Yoke does not have chronometer / timer functionality, only a clock.

Uncategorized: (based on feedback from RW King Air & commercial pilot provided to me via email)

1) The boost pump annunciator light should come on if the boost pump light is on

2) Pitch trim annunciator should be on if the elevator trim switch is off.

3) Master warning and master caution should remain flashing even if the annunciator is out, they say to push the button after every time it illuminates to make sure nothing else came on. Hence the "push to reset"

4) With inverter off, still showing 400Hz

Trevor Bair

My Real World Travels

Guest bstolle

Systems Modeling

1) Overspeed barber pole not moving and overspeed in general (reference)

4) Low idle N1 too high: shows around 63%, should indicate 52%

1) The barber pole is in fact a simple 'red line' kias limit according to the manual and never changes hence the needle does not move IRL either. Nevertheless there's a bug somewhere which triggers the flase overspeed warning.

4) The performance itself is correct for the RL 52% RPM. It would be necessary to implement a false or fake indication below e.g. 60% to achieve a 52% indication (while FSX still calculates approx 63-66%)

1) The barber pole is in fact a simple 'red line' kias limit according to the manual and never changes hence the needle does not move IRL either. Nevertheless there's a bug somewhere which triggers the flase overspeed warning.

4) The performance itself is correct for the RL 52% RPM. It would be necessary to implement a false or fake indication below e.g. 60% to achieve a 52% indication (while FSX still calculates approx 63-66%)

OK, thanks Bernt. I've updated the list above.

Trevor Bair

My Real World Travels

You sure the 90's airspeed barber pole shouldn't move? It does in every other king ar series. The movement represents the limitation of the Mach speed. In the king air 100 it was Mach .46.

Guest bstolle

The C90 POH nowhere mentions any Mach limit nor is there any reference to Mach number . The only speed limition is the Vmo being 226kias. That's most probably the reason why they call the barber pole only 'red line' in the POH.

1. Annunciator Test switch is only momentary. Should be able to hold it in while scanning the annuciators for bulbs out.

2. Prop Amps always showing ~20 amps. Should only show current draw when Prop Deice is physically active (not just the switch ON).

3. Fuel pressure should be low when respective boost pump is not on.

4. GEN 1 and GEN 2 Reset positions should be holdable... it should take approx 1 second in the RESET position to get the generator online.

5. IGNITION AND ENGINE START switches don't move to the correct position for engine start. It's a 3 position switch:

1. ON - This keeps the ignition on for the respective engine. Important under icing conditions.
  2. OFF - Both ignition and starter are off. Ignition will come on automatically when ENG AUTO IGNITION is armed.
  3. STARTER ON - This is the position that engages the starter.

6. ENG AUTO IGNITION is not turning ignition on when torque drops low.

7. TRANSFER TEST and TRANS PUMP OVERRIDE switches appear to do nothing?

8. L PITOT HEAT and R PITOT HEAT annunciators are never lit. Should be lit whenever PITOT HEAT isn't on.

9. Both throttle levers rest at the detent between beta and reverse for idle. They should be resting at the IDLE detent.

10. Center bus showing 26v, Left and Right gen bus showing 28v, triple fed bus showing 24v and battery showing 28v. It should be 28v, 28v, 28v, 26v, 24v.

11. Respective generator buses don't show proper voltage during engine start.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

While Bernt Stolle has turned in the following to Carenado, it may need to be added to the list as a backup:"noticed that the idle throttle position in the VC is wrong as it's presently set at ground instead of flight idle. At the flight idle marking the throttles are already at their 27% position. That might also cause some problems. I informed Carenado already about this problem."

The above may be responsible or in some way connected to my only getting Beta sound when the throttles are in the Reverse range. While the Beta sound should remain, it should not replace the reverse sounds or activate in the reverse range..

Russ

Others I am sure have seen this one, but the Avidyne display LOCKS UP (stops updating the map) at times when you bring the pop-up to display.

I have seen this several times now, into longer flights. You can restart it by fiddling with the display but that should not be happening.

Just another input for the hopper.

Cheers --- Bob --- :Big Grin:

Guest bstolle

OK, thanks Bernt. I've updated the list above.

Looks like you have to de-update the overspeed item, as I did screw up that one.....sorry