Sign in to follow this  
V1VrV2

List of Outstanding Issues/Bugs?

The engine instruments would be powered from the DC buss to help facilitate engine starting.

Lots of king airs had AC powered engine gauges such as torque and oil pressure. Did you check the manual on this or just taking a stab at it? The carenado does have an inverter so I am curious to what the answer is on this. Just because it doesn't have an inverter switch doesn't mean they are not AC powered.

This is a wonderfull idea and thread...

We just need Carenado to get on board and realise we all work for the common good..

Dave

If someone has an OFFICIAL manual for the C90 can you check to see if the torque gauge is AC powered? I think all King Airs are. If it IS AC powered then Carenado did that incorrectly

It seem's some are AC some are DC, guess we need the serial number of the aircraft Carenado modeled to know for sure.

"The torque transmitter measures this torque and

sends an AC signal to the instrument on the

instrument panel (DC signal on LJ-1361, LJ-

1363, and after)."

quoted from the Flight Safety C90A,B Pilot Traning Manual

If someone has an OFFICIAL manual for the C90 can you check to see if the torque gauge is AC powered? I think all King Airs are. If it IS AC powered then Carenado did that incorrectly

From my Flight Safety C90A/B Pilot Training manual circa 2002.

ITT AND TORQUEMETERS The ITT gages are self-energizing and do not require electrical power (LJ-1361, LJ-1363, and after are DC-powered). Torque is measured by a hydromechanical torquemeter in the first stage of the reduction gearcase. Rotational force on the first-stage ring gear allows oil pressure to change in the torquemeter chamber. The difference between the torquemeter chamber pressure and reduction gear internal pressure accurately indicates the torque being produced at the propeller shaft. The torque transmitter measures this torque and sends an AC signal to the instrument on the instrument panel (DC signal on LJ-1361, LJ- 1363, and after).

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Trevor, please add that the Beta sound has disappeared altogether after SP-1. With the SP-1 correction to the power levers position at idle now at flight idle, there is no sound change until the power levers are well into reverse and then comes the odd gravel rock sound referred to by others on the forum.

Thanks for your keeping all this together.

Russ.

Two other minor issues i found with SP1 installed:

- even if battery is switched off you can start both fuel boost pumps (can hear them)

- after switching off all radios and avionics master switch I expect all readios off, when switching on only the aviation master switch - but all radios are working, only the GNS400 has to be switched on

Allways three greens,
Markus

VFR-Flightsimmer.de

Hi,

For the boost pumps, that is normal, the fuel boost pumps are on Hot battery bus

Pierre

Post SP1 :

The PFD suddenly go back to its initial state need to reset the EFIS power to solve the issue.

The top half of the second GPS (vanilla one, no RXP here) is sometime black and then come back to normal.

I didn't have those two issues before SP1.

My PFD goes black with red fail indicators about 15 minutes in flight. Did not have this problem before SP1 also.

Trevor, once again, you is a pro in that field. Very constructive list and overview.

Guest bstolle

R U sure about 15/18 ? These were pre SP items and on my installation the throttles (F1 for confirmation) sit at the flight idle position.

But that list is superb! very high standard!