Sign in to follow this  
bluebird1075

2D panel or only 3D panel

But when the PNF has a higher priority task or is indisposed, the PF has to decide when and how long they can spend not flying so they can tune the radios or do what ever else it is that needs doing. This is part of the decision making process that makes flying fun (for me anyway).

Exactly.

Kyle Rodgers

At the same time though, you have to keep in mind that PMDG have not implemented a multi-crew function just yet, so we're simulating flying an aircraft that most definitely requires a crew when it's more than likely just us at the controls. Consider on top of that those of us who like to fly raw data and use VATSIM, etc. etc. and you can get a multi-tasking nightmare.

For that purpose, I could understand some people wanting some 2D pop-ups, but to me, there's nothing like pulling off a great takeoff, SID, STAR, or landing using the VC. I hope you guys understand when I say that when everything goes right, it's a great feeling.

For that purpose, I could understand some people wanting some 2D pop-ups, but to me, there's nothing like pulling off a great takeoff, SID, STAR, or landing using the VC. I hope you guys understand when I say that when everything goes right, it's a great feeling.

Again, I still don't see how it takes more effort than the 2D panel to work in 3D. It really doesn't.

If ya'll want to see me work a short flight with an ILS with a missed approach, vectors to the Riv Vis 19 approach into DCA on my own with little to no automagic, in the 3D the whole time as proof, I'm not above busting out my camera to show that it's really not that much more effort. Even single crew. It's all about prioritizing tasks.

Kyle Rodgers

If ya'll want to see me work a short flight with an ILS with a missed approach, vectors to the Riv Vis 19 approach into DCA on my own with little to no automagic, in the 3D the whole time as proof, I'm not above busting out my camera to show that it's really not that much more effort. Even single crew. It's all about prioritizing tasks.

I completely agree with what you're saying, but of course, people are still going to have their own preferences. PMDG have obviously made up their minds and are going to the 3D VC only (which I personally enjoy, I never fly 2D even with the NG), and people who are bothered enough over the subject may have to look elsewhere for their add-ons.

I completely agree with what you're saying, but of course, people are still going to have their own preferences. PMDG have obviously made up their minds and are going to the 3D VC only (which I personally enjoy, I never fly 2D even with the NG), and people who are bothered enough over the subject may have to look elsewhere for their add-ons.

You are right, I think Ill skip T7 and wait for bus with complete 2d panel set.

Consumer always has the final decision!

At the same time though, you have to keep in mind that PMDG have not implemented a multi-crew function just yet, so we're simulating flying an aircraft that most definitely requires a crew when it's more than likely just us at the controls. Consider on top of that those of us who like to fly raw data and use VATSIM, etc. etc. and you can get a multi-tasking nightmare.

Pmdg havnt implemented a multi -crew function but i know who has :)

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

That's the craziest thing I've heard on these forums yet!

That's the craziest thing I've heard on these forums yet!

There was that person that wanted to use the NGX with the flight model from PSS or some other company. According to him, the NGX lands like a Cessna...

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

There was that person that wanted to use the NGX with the flight model from PSS or some other company. According to him, the NGX lands like a Cessna...

Yea, he is the champion definitely. I do not see what is so crazy in defining what features are more important for someone, after all its a business, who offer better features and competitive price, he has advantage.

Yea but can you see any one going better than pmdg in developement etc if you do let us know and compare prices than

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I really do not want to write about other developers on PMDG forum, but yea, I can see some nice PMDG quality aircrafts on market or in development, not many of them, but 3-4 for sure. And guess what, all that addons have 2d panels.

Since there' nothing going to change your mind about the 2d panel, than guess your going to miss out than on the t7 than when it comes out

Peter kelberg

it really depends, if they provide at least main panel as RSR stated, I'll be fine with that, if they make only popup aux panels (CDU, MCP) that would be NO for me. I bought NGX same morning they release it (hard time with that DDOS attack, but I was patient enough), but for T7, Im going to wait and see first screenshots and reviews on this forum. Price is questionable too, it should be lower than NGX as NGX contain almost full 2d, and for T7 we just do not know jet for sure, but its sure T7 will contain just partial 2d panel. SO if they want to save time and money by not making 2d panels, its ok, but then price should be lower than NGX.

Why would I change my mind about 2d panels? would you change your mind about VC? NO for sure and Im not even trying to convince you, that would be just wrong as you are very satisfied with it, I do not want to question your opinion in any way, just want for you to enjoy in VC as much as I enjoy in 2d/VC combination. :smile:

Since i fly in 2d in crusie and only fly in 3d in take off and landings it doesnt bother me one way or the other which way they go and i be still be getting the t7, no one know yet about the pricing yet till further down the track

Peter kelberg