Sign in to follow this  
trevorbee

Dozing off - back to FS9 again.

Very constructive, could the same not be said about all the "I love my cockpitless plane threads?"

Thanks for telling the world! Have Fun!...

Fair enough.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

"Thanks for telling the world. Have fun!" is a hell of a lot better than what's usually posted.

"I've discovered I like Flight." "Hey, these cockpitless planes aren't so bad after all." "I really love the Icon."

I'd rather see "Thanks for telling us, have fun" than the poison that usually follows such statements.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Not sure why everyone feels the need to tell us when they stop playing, but alright, goodbye!

+1000

I will NEVER understand that either.

Cheers

+1000

Cheers

Probably because we feel the need to tell our thoughts, and probably an open complain about something... isn't that what the forums are made for? to express our opinions, look for help, and or help others?

some opinions are in favor some are not...so...

+1000

Cheers

I think of it as a matter of balance. if we like hearing why people are enamored with flight, it may be just as important to hear why people eventually leave the flight arena: or we will never hear of legitimate problems, and how they might be corrected.

Plus, it may just be me, but I rarely exit a room without at the very least a polite "goodbye" unless I am angry for some reason.

Or course, some such announcements are done to make some sort of statement, or have a drama-queen component to them, but I sensed neither of those from this post. It seemed a sincere goodbye.

I wish the poster well, and hope he might find reasons to return, some day.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I think of it as a matter of balance. if we like hearing why people are enamored with flight, its may be just as important to hear why people eventually leave the flight arena: or we will never hear of legitimate problems, and how they might be corrected.

Plus, it may just be me, but I rarely exit a room without at the very least a polite "goodbye" unless I am angry for some reason.

Or course, some such announcements are done to make some sort of statement, or have a drama-queen component to them, but I sensed neither of those from this post. It seemed a sincere goodbye.

Very well said

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

What is that fix, and what does it do,

Hi Jake

This is what I said in another post......

I was googling for an alternative external frame rate limiter and came across the following on the FSX forum:

Just unzip, edit the antilag.cfg file to set your FPSLimit and place both files INSIDE your FSX root folder. No bat files or Java GUI needed.

This one has a 'frames ahead' feature which can be used as a frame buffer. You can experiment with 0 (to disable frames ahead) 1 (to flush the render queue when the frame is ready) or 2 to queue a frame.

http://www.kegetys.n..._antilag101.zip

Source: http://www.kegetys.net/

Credit goes to Keijo "Kegetys" Ruotsalainen

Unquote

I downloaded the antilag tool and installed it. (Just a case of installing two files into the main Flight folder and editing the .cfg file to limit the frame rate). In my case I set it for 30 fps.

Now, for the first time, I can run the game with no stutters or fluttering textures. It now runs very smoothly and does not minimize to the task bar, as it did with DXTory.

This with my ATI Radeon HD5450 GPU which is well below the minimum recommended.

And, to top it all, antilag is freeware.

I would definitely recommend this tool to anyone experiencing similar problems.

• Cheers Trevor

Probably because we feel the need to tell our thoughts, and probably an open complain about something... isn't that what the forums are made for? to express our opinions, look for help, and or help others?

some opinions are in favor some are not...so...

Yes, it is just that almost every day, a different forum user bids farewell to Flight and either creates a thread or declares his decision in a thread that is completely unrelated to that subject.

I think of it as a matter of balance. if we like hearing why people are enamored with flight, it may be just as important to hear why people eventually leave the flight arena: or we will never hear of legitimate problems, and how they might be corrected.

Sure, but we ALL know ALL the reasons why certain people quit playing Flight and those are: not enough sim depth (in their opinion), area is too small, not enough planes and possible performance / technical issues. It's not like we will learn anything new about Flight. "Flight farewell threads" bare a certain "tone" that rarely has much constructive information in it.

And regarding your statement about politely saying goodbye when leaving a room, it's not like Trevorbee is leaving forums for good. He will probably participate regardless of if he's playing Flight or not.

On another note, i also hope Trevorbee returns to Flight and has a much more fun experience next time.

Cheers

Yes, it is just that almost every day, a different forum user bids farewell to Flight and either creates a thread or declares his decision in a thread that is completely unrelated to that subject.

Sure, but we ALL know ALL the reasons why certain people quit playing Flight and those are: not enough sim depth (in their opinion), area is too small, not enough planes and possible performance / technical issues. It's not like we will learn anything new about Flight. "Flight farewell threads" bare a certain "tone" that rarely has much constructive information in it.

And regarding your statement about politely saying goodbye when leaving a room, it's not like Trevorbee is leaving forums for good. He will probably participate regardless of if he's playing Flight or not.

On another note, i also hope Trevorbee returns to Flight and has a much more fun experience next time.

Cheers

That is one way of looking at it, but I just think, what does it cost me to listen and accept, unless the post is offensive in some way. We do many polite things in the real world every day because it costs us little or nothing, but gains us more peaceful coexistence with others, and makes the world a tiny bit more pleasant. And besides, why not?

Politeness rarely hurts. (But then I was raised by my Grandfather, who talked of himself in the third person as "Deacon Childs") :smile:

Devons rig

That is one way of looking at it, but I just think, what does it cost me to listen and accept, unless the post is offensive in some way. We do many polite things in the real world every day because it costs us little or nothing, but gains us more peaceful coexistence with others, and makes the world a tiny bit more pleasant. And besides, why not?

Politeness rarely hurts. (But then I was raised by my Grandfather, who talked of himself in the third person as "Deacon Childs") :smile:

Hey, i am all for politeness. I was perfectly polite. I just think there are too many posts / threads about people leaving Flight, that's all. Just as people complaining about Flight have the right to express their opinion, i believe i have the same right to express my complains about their posts, don't i? We're just politely coexisting with our disagreements :)

Cheers

Hey, i am all for politeness. I was perfectly polite. I just think there are too many posts / threads about people leaving Flight, that's all. Just as people complaining about Flight have the right to express their opinion, i believe i have the same right to express my complains about their posts, don't i? We're just politely coexisting with our disagreements :)

Cheers

I was explaining my reasoning (and why I think it makes sense) not placing limits on your responses.

I will lay a wager though, that such threads will continue to exist, to be accepted or not, and that ones response will have much to do with conflict avoidance and toleration.

Only the individual can decide whether its worth it.

Devons rig

Upon reflection I have to agree that my original post serves little purpose. I guess I was just venting due to frustration. My apologies.

I have decided to return to FS9 for a while (for variety) but that does not mean I do not like Flight. It is just that it is too restricted at present. I am sure that I will be back for some more once Alaska is released.

See you soon.

Upon reflection I have to agree that my original post serves little purpose. I guess I was just venting due to frustration. My apologies.

I have decided to return to FS9 for a while (for variety) but that does not mean I do not like Flight. It is just that it is too restricted at present. I am sure that I will be back for some more once Alaska is released.

See you soon.

I fully understand what you're saying sir. After i posted my response, i felt kinda bad for risking to come off like a douche bag :) because i genuinely am not one. It's actually the amount of posts and threads filled with negativity pointed towards Flight that caused me to react. I know that everybody wanted Flight to be the next FSX on release (myself included) but it still isn't. However, for many of us, it turned out to be really great and since day one, threads bashing Flight started accumulating and multiplying rapidly. So, to sum it up, i understand why some people are frustrated with Flight shortcomings (in their respectable opinion) but i just couldn't understand some people who intruded threads about specific things regarding Flight (or DLC in particular) only to post stuff like "Haha! Flight is a joke", "...I have just uninstalled Flight", "Flight sucks", "I quit playing Flight". Please, try to understand why i reacted the way i did.

I am sure i would be crucified if i went over to FSX forums and began starting threads like those. I am sure 99% of members would criticize me for doing so since i am diminishing the quality of something they truly like and enjoy.

So, i apologize too if i came off a bit too rude since it wasn't my intention at all.

I sincerely hope you will give Flight another chance in a while and that we will ALL be happier after few upcoming releases (cockpitless warbirds excluded ;) ).

Cheers

i have invested hundreds of dollars, maybe even over $1000 on add-ons for fsx and fs9 total and Flight is welcomed into my collection also because it offers something that fs9/fsx can't. I love my FlightSim hobby/addiction and all these sims are awesome. For my next addiction, i think i will try Xplane10 :yahoo:

i have invested hundreds of dollars, maybe even over $1000 on add-ons for fsx and fs9 total and Flight is welcomed into my collection also because it offers something that fs9/fsx can't. I love my FlightSim hobby/addiction and all these sims are awesome. For my next addiction, i think i will try Xplane10 :yahoo:

I was thinking of IL2 Cliffs of Dover, but when looking for some user comments I was surprised not to find a forum. Its probably right under my nose. :Monkey:

Devons rig